What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Ben

CF Legend
No, I followed the thread close enough to know your last post before the ride was announced, was to debunk Hixee saying we could rule out a vertical transfer track.

Don't get precious about it, just man up.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
No, I followed the thread close enough to know your last post before the ride was announced, was to debunk Hixee saying we could rule out a vertical transfer track.

Don't get precious about it, just man up.
According to your post, I already did. :confused:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Was thinking about this coaster earlier, how come you haven't posted an update in a while @Swoosh? I checked out your site and you've got a couple of good progress pictures - notably the [nearly] completed catwalks on the brake run.

NHYE7774.JPEG

http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Sorry, been extremely busy with work and sometimes forget to make the rounds with the different message boards. I’ll be at the park Friday and post a new update this weekend (and I’ll make sure to share here as well).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm still intrigued by this, personally I don't think it'll be great due to the spinning aspect but it's a Mack, so it will still be good.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
Just got an SDC magazine in the mail and it has a page that features time traveler... in the description it says adjustable magnetic spin control... does this mean we can choose how much we spin?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
No. The purpose of the spin control is to prevent the car from spinning TOO fast. It's still entirely free spinning, but it slows down the spin if it starts spinning past a certain point.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
No. The purpose of the spin control is to prevent the car from spinning TOO fast. It's still entirely free spinning, but it slows down the spin if it starts spinning past a certain point.
What I'm saying is that it said ADJUSTABLE spinning... meaning that they (or we) can adjust it.

Lofty

CF Legend
No, it means the park/manufacturers can if the time calls for it. They're also known as 'dampeners'.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
What I'm saying is that it said ADJUSTABLE spinning... meaning that they (or we) can adjust it.
Adjustable doesn't mean you get to adjust it. It means either the park or a controller in the train adjust it.
Every LSM launch is technically adjustable, but did you ever get asked at which speed you want to get launched?

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I still think the coaster looks a bit poo, but those trains are lovely. <3
I’m still holding out judgement until I actually ride it. I think the cart turned out better than I expected. I just don’t know about the layout. Wish they wouldn’t have cut the thematic stuff from the first launch.