What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
From what I have been told the dead stop is a hold over from earlier in the project there was meant to be a small show building at that point. But due to budgets that got scrapped. Why they didn't the scrap the stop I don't know.

Lofty

CF Legend
I "rode" the coaster in VR and honestly it didn't feel broken up. I'm saving judgement until I actually ride it
I don't get how it couldn't feel broke up by a VR ride? The fact it stops before it launches is a massive break in the flow of the ride, plus, the massively long launches and the fact that the launches are so slow will break up the flow. It's the same as Helix in a way, it feels very much like a ride of two halves, the long second launch really breaks the experience up. This will be no different.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's hoping the train will not need to come to a full stop on the first launch, but rather be able to do a slow roll similar to Maverick. SDC has pretty good park operations, so they should be able to steer clear of stacking.

Casicielo

Roller Poster
I agree the launches, particularly the second, are weak, but maybe we should just think of them as speed maintainers. It was probably either that or a lift at the end and that would have been much more anticlimactic.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
From what I have been told the dead stop is a hold over from earlier in the project there was meant to be a small show building at that point. But due to budgets that got scrapped. Why they didn't the scrap the stop I don't know.

Well the concrete foundation portion wentbway over budget, but that's what you get when you build on "fill"

There's no guarantee the stop will still happen. However Brad stated there would be up to 3 trains on the course at a time so the stop may be for blocking purposes. That's my guess on why it stops.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I don't get how it couldn't feel broke up by a VR ride? The fact it stops before it launches is a massive break in the flow of the ride, plus, the massively long launches and the fact that the launches are so slow will break up the flow. It's the same as Helix in a way, it feels very much like a ride of two halves, the long second launch really breaks the experience up. This will be no different.

It's hard to get the real feel of the ride from a simulation. Personally I feel it would be best to just wait and ride the actual coaster then to over psychoanalize an artist's interpretation.

Ben

CF Legend
I'd suggest only using big words like 'psychoanalize' if you know what they mean. Because that's not it.

People are allowed to judge rides based on initial videos because most of us are experienced enough to know what it'll be like. Just because they don't love your precious Time Traveler.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
People are allowed to judge rides based on initial videos because most of us are experienced enough to know what it'll be like.

Is it possible for you to post without being a complete asshole? I know I'm not only one tired of you parading around here thinking you're hot ****. Give it a rest already - no one cares. Do you ever add anything of merit to this forum?

Ben

CF Legend
Is it possible for you to post without being a complete asshole? I know I'm not only one tired of you parading around here thinking you're hot :emoji_poop:. Give it a rest already - no one cares. Do you ever add anything of merit to this forum?

Nah, nothing of merit mate - just been here 14 years, was a key part of turning our social media pages around and have close friendships with numerous members. Never contributed anything in my life.

You're so rude to established members it's weird - check yourself.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
My thoughts echo many opinions on here that have already been posted. Would simply be much better if it wasn't spinning. Don't get me wrong it's quirky but think it could be a world beater if it weren't for the layout tweaks to accompany the spinning cars. Spend 30 mil on a long terrain Mack launcher and you are gonna be up there with Helix.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
That's the problem. You are arrogant and think you are better than others because you take pictures. You always seem to look down on others.
Actually, the problem is that you (and several other posters - they identified themselves above) like to apply emotion to posts and take everything personally. Sure, I probably answered a question with some sass a time or two. Get over it and stop being fragile snowflakes.

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
Great, I'm glad you like it. But I'm saying in my opinion, it's broken up. There's hardly anything between each long flat section of track, and there's a dead stop in the middle. I know I haven't ridden it, but it just looks that way to me that's all!
that dead stop could be used for theming perpouses and it will make the launch much more intense.

Ben

CF Legend
Actually, the problem is that you (and several other posters - they identified themselves above) like to apply emotion to posts and take everything personally. Sure, I probably answered a question with some sass a time or two. Get over it and stop being fragile snowflakes.

To imply that Lofthouse and I are fragile little snowflakes shows how dumb you really are.

There's been much bigger and badder people on this forum over the years than yourself dear, we don't have the time to waste being emotional about your posts - we're just pointing out that you're an arse.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Was there today. Station definitely is over compensating for what will be a decent, not great, ride. Looks cool on Thunderation with the interaction. They have all but the top of the loop on that part. Shame it couldn't have been something that would properly use that massive plot of land. Super gimmicky.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Swoosh

Mega Poster
To imply that Lofthouse and I are fragile little snowflakes shows how dumb you really are.

There's been much bigger and badder people on this forum over the years than yourself dear, we don't have the time to waste being emotional about your posts - we're just pointing out that you're an arse.

Ben, Once again you prove my point about how fragile your ego is by having to reply. I'm flattered that an established troll is willing to take time out of his day to be so emotional. Am I really living rent free inside your head? Now begone before someone drops a house on you.

Was there today. Station definitely is over compensating for what will be a decent, not great, ride. Looks cool on Thunderation with the interaction. They have all but the top of the loop on that part. Shame it couldn't have been something that would properly use that massive plot of land. Super gimmicky.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The strange thing we noticed about the construction site when we took our tour was that it is actually a lot smaller than it looks. I guess the location with regards to placement in the park throws off our sense of dimensions.

I agree it's gimmicky, but it's easier to market gimmicks.

Last edited:

Intricks

Strata Poster
I, for one, am glad that this is a spinner as Ive always been intrigued about how spinning messes around with the forces of an inversion like what is on this ride.

Granted I love any type of amusement attraction that spins. Now, is this a forced spin like that of some of their spinners, or will it be free/"encouraged" spinning (encouraged meaning it helps to get the car to spin without it feeling like a program)?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
that dead stop could be used for theming perpouses and it will make the launch much more intense.

I can see where you're coming from, although there's no theming to be seen there, and the launch will be pretty weak anyway, whether for a rolling or standing start.