What's new

Shuttle from SWO to BGT

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
How many of you have used the free shuttle from SWO (and other Orlando locations) to BGT?

Was it easy to use, there and back? Convenient? Did it arrive close to opening and leave close to closing? Was it worth it?

Any response much appreciated!

Esther7

Roller Poster
Hi! I used it last year, in January 2023. It was very comfortable, although it was a little delayed and we arrived at the park about half an hour late. Luckily that day there were few people, so we had time to ride almost everything and repeat Iron Gwazi several times. There was no problem with the return because they waited for the park's closing time, and they verified that the same number of people returned.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Hi! I used it last year, in January 2023. It was very comfortable, although it was a little delayed and we arrived at the park about half an hour late. Luckily that day there were few people, so we had time to ride almost everything and repeat Iron Gwazi several times. There was no problem with the return because they waited for the park's closing time, and they verified that the same number of people returned.
Excellent! Thank you! Very useful -- although I'll be using it in July when I'm sure everything is more crowded. That's great to hear they waited for the park to close. And I assume that "half an hour late" means half an hour after park opening?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
About 6 weeks ago as it happens. Yeah s'good. It was free (depending on what ticket package you have), it was easy to book (few clicks on a website), it was easy to find (pickup point was Icon Park, directly underneath the giant 300ft ferris wheel. Can't miss it), it was comfy (air con worked), it turned up on time (arrived at the park about 15 mins after opening) and the return time was 7.15pm, giving us plenty of time on park. I believe there's later buses when the park is open later.
And also, if your driver is 'Jean, Jean, the dancing machine', you're in for a good time! 😁

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
About 6 weeks ago as it happens. Yeah s'good. It was free (depending on what ticket package you have), it was easy to book (few clicks on a website), it was easy to find (pickup point was Icon Park, directly underneath the giant 300ft ferris wheel. Can't miss it), it was comfy (air con worked), it turned up on time (arrived at the park about 15 mins after opening) and the return time was 7.15pm, giving us plenty of time on park. I believe there's later buses when the park is open later.
And also, if your driver is 'Jean, Jean, the dancing machine', you're in for a good time! 😁
Awesome! Thank you very much for the detailed response!

Gene, Gene, the dancing machine is an old recurring character from the Gong Show in the 70s. Is that what your driver called himself?

Esther7

Roller Poster
Excellent! Thank you! Very useful -- although I'll be using it in July when I'm sure everything is more crowded. That's great to hear they waited for the park to close. And I assume that "half an hour late" means half an hour after park opening?
Yes, half an hour after the park opening. It wasn't that annoying but it's true that I like to get to the parks earlier, to make the most of my time.

In July the good thing is that you'll have many hours to spend in the park because it will close later. Have a great time! 😊

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Gene, Gene, the dancing machine is an old recurring character from the Gong Show in the 70s. Is that what your driver called himself?

I'm not old enough to remember the 70's, so I wouldn't know. 😝
But you are right in that it's more likely to be 'Gene' rather than 'Jean', silly me.
Gene would have been old enough to remember it though, so I'm gonna assume that was the reference. Either way, he's ace! Give him a good tip.

BobaFett

Roller Poster
I used it in November last year and I don't remember the exact time, but I even arrived before park opening.
As others already said, easy to book, comfortable, will use this shuttle again, next time I am in Orlando.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yes, half an hour after the park opening. It wasn't that annoying but it's true that I like to get to the parks earlier, to make the most of my time.

In July the good thing is that you'll have many hours to spend in the park because it will close later. Have a great time! 😊
I have been to this park twice before, but I’m returning to get on Iron Gwazi, which was completed but left unoperating (CBLU) last I visited. So I won’t be pressed for time trying to get all the credits.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'm not old enough to remember the 70's, so I wouldn't know. 😝
But you are right in that it's more likely to be 'Gene' rather than 'Jean', silly me.
Gene would have been old enough to remember it though, so I'm gonna assume that was the reference. Either way, he's ace! Give him a good tip.
Just occurred to me: maybe it’s the actual guy who was on the show! In his 60s or 70s? Somewhat overweight black guy?