What's new

"Shuckin' Escapade" | USA CF-Live | Trip Reports

Haha I loveee it! The corn on the cob was hilarious, but I have to admit it's kind of a good idea. I wish I thought of that back when I had braces :p .

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OMG! Brad got wet? How long did he complain for afterwards?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
He really didn't complain about it at all. He actually wanted to get wet a few times due to the heat, but he did wimp out on a few of the spinning flat rides.

Yahh it was pretty hot out so nobody complained much about going on water rides!

Day 5- Silver Dollar City

After an interesting night of hilarious dancing in the car (which resulted in me crying of laughter) and Gavin being rejected when he tried to buy alcohol, we were on our way to Silver Dollar City. I didn’t feel that great this day, so I slept on the way to the park, which only ended up being about a half an hour drive anyway. We got there and realized that the park looked sort of busy, and that the guests were similar to that of the guests at Dollywood (ahem, old and fat).

GEDC0771.jpg

GEDC0772.jpg

I couldn’t help but notice that the atmosphere was pretty nice, and also similar to Dollywood.

GEDC0773.jpg

GEDC0775.jpg

After we waited for Jerry to get the tickets, we headed to get the kiddie coaster next. The kiddie coaster obviously wasn’t amazing, but the section was pretty nice. Either way, +1 cred!

Thunderation was a big surprise too, a mine train which rides backwards. It wasn’t spectacular, but it was really unique, good fun, and my favourite one to date!

When we got off this coaster, we went to Wildfire, which is when we realized that the park layout was confusing. The atmosphere is great, but I’m directionally challenged, so being lost in a park just makes the experience worse for me. We also got to cross a swinging bridge, which I disliked since my balance is poor on solid ground :p .
GEDC0778.jpg

GEDC0779.jpg

GEDC0780.jpg

GEDC0781.jpg

Hi, we’re cute!

GEDC0782.jpg

GEDC0783.jpg

GEDC0784.jpg

GEDC0785.jpg

The coaster was one of the biggest surprises of the trip. We rode in the front, didn’t wait long at all, the location is amazing, it has some good elements, and is basically all around awesome. Not a top twenty, but still, up there!

I didn’t get many other coaster pictures considering they are not in view throughout most of the park, but it wasn’t a coaster we rode next, it was a picnic table. We sat there for a little while having some drinks and looking at the pretty waterfall which Matt and Brad took about eight million and sixty four photos of!
GEDC0786.jpg

GEDC0787.jpg

Powder Keg was next, a coaster I have always thought was interesting looking, but never knew much about. I had no idea it had a lift hill or anything, so that came as a surprise.

GEDC0788.jpg

Playing the slapping game in line!

GEDC0789.jpg

Awesome ride operator!

GEDC0790.jpg

GEDC0791.jpg

GEDC0794.jpg

We got the rest of our creds, which was just Fire in the Hole. For some reason, I really like this and Blazing Fury!

GEDC0792.jpg

Besides, we saw green shirt girl in line, which nobody could complain about!

It was time for some food, and I think this could have been some of the worst food I have ever had in a park, ever! The restaurant had a queue, and was decently themed, until you get in there, when you realize, as Gavin put it, that it’s like a prison. The food was crap, our table was right next to the buffet area, and I didn’t go up for seconds, which NEVER happens at a buffet for me.

We got some rerides on Wildfire and Powder Keg, both awesome as usual, before heading out to St. Louis. Gavin went out to party, me, Snoo, and Brad went out to Steak and Shake, then we just chilled and slept for the fun day ahead!

Stay tuned for day 6- Six Flags St. Louis (probably will come after I get back from Vegas!)

^ Hey, nice report except for the last line. I wouldn't shut up? I wonder why.. Maybe because everyone made me concerned that Hixee was DEAF so I was stressing out. Not to mention we had to get up at 3:45 in the morning, which was whack.

Love it though! :D

RCF

Strata Poster
^Sweet. Seems like forever since the last video. Maybe cuz I'm actually having a life right now :p

Snoo

The Legend
That and I'm doing the same. Plus.. my laptop is back home.. and I'm not home.. but I will be home tonight.. ect ect.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This is probably the best so far. It could have used some coaster footage, but it's long and funny, so that makes up for no coasters. I can't wait for the next one.

The people footage is far more awesome than the coaster footage. You can watch coaster footage anytime on Youtube, but the people footage is stuff between us that you can't get anywhere else. :queen:

Snoo

The Legend
Quick question.. what was everyone favorite ride of the trip.. whether it be a single ride or a group CF ride. I'm curious. :)

For me.. that last night ride on RFII. Epic way to finish off an amazing trip. <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Night on RFII was best..until two nights later on Boulder Dash, which was EPIC!