What's new

"Shuckin' Escapade" | USA CF-Live | Trip Reports

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well this is my last installment, which covers the last three parks of the trip. It starts out with Cedar Point. Most of the photos are of the people, and nothing more.

The Brits were going nuts. They couldn't get over the fact that they were at CP.

ShuckinEscapade291.jpg

We did Maverick first, followed by Millennium Force, and then Dragster.

ShuckinEscapade298.jpg

Everybody but me decided to wait for the front. I was able to get some nice photos.

ShuckinEscapade299.jpg

ShuckinEscapade300.jpg

ShuckinEscapade301.jpg

Here's Taylor's anxious look before the launch:

ShuckinEscapade302.jpg

And her scream of terror afterward:

ShuckinEscapade303.jpg

Brad loved it:

ShuckinEscapade304.jpg

And so did Matt, even though he's not showing it:

ShuckinEscapade305.jpg

We continued riding the other creds and we met up with the other Matt again.

ShuckinEscapade309.jpg

We even got a train cred and Matt got a boob cred!

ShuckinEscapade312.jpg

We all took a turn on Wildcat.

ShuckinEscapade316.jpg

ShuckinEscapade317.jpg

Everybody was enjoying their day at America's Roller Coast.

ShuckinEscapade318.jpg

We ended up riding pretty much everything and we enjoyed the park.

ShuckinEscapade325.jpg

Our day even ended with credit whoring!

ShuckinEscapade330.jpg

ShuckinEscapade333.jpg

On the way out, I took some night shots as well:

ShuckinEscapade336.jpg

ShuckinEscapade337.jpg

ShuckinEscapade339.jpg

ShuckinEscapade340.jpg

We got to our hotel late. We were really starting to feel drained, especially with a 18 hour day at the Point. We got as much sleep as we could and headed to Kennywood for the final day.

ShuckinEscapade345.jpg

The morning started with sliding down the bannister:

ShuckinEscapade350.jpg

The park had a nice selection of rides, including Swing Shot:

ShuckinEscapade355.jpg

Pitfall:

ShuckinEscapade380.jpg

Kangaroo:

ShuckinEscapade374.jpg

Aero 360, Ghostwood Estates, and a few other sweet rides. They had the famous Phantom's Revenge:

ShuckinEscapade358.jpg

With its awesome second drop:

ShuckinEscapade359.jpg

The ride has great forces, both positive and negative.

ShuckinEscapade379.jpg

ShuckinEscapade366.jpg

The park is also home to three classic wooden coasters, including Thunderbolt:

ShuckinEscapade361.jpg

I absolutely love the look of the Century Flyers:

ShuckinEscapade362.jpg

I'll throw in a lovely photo of Jerry and Aidan:

ShuckinEscapade365.jpg

The park is also home to Racer, which is fun, but not the best racing coaster out there:

ShuckinEscapade369.jpg

And Jack Rabbit, a fun little woodie:

ShuckinEscapade373.jpg

Kennywood is a bit quirky, which can be seen at some of the drinking fountains:

ShuckinEscapade367.jpg

They have some interesting food too, like fried Oreos:

ShuckinEscapade381.jpg

Even though Kennywood is a classic park with 20's era architecture and atmosphere, they brought a bit of modern day to the park with Sky Rocket.

ShuckinEscapade382.jpg

Overall, the ride isn't anything special, but it is a very fun coaster. It actually produces airtime when you're upside down.

ShuckinEscapade383.jpg

We had to get going to get to our last park, but we stopped at Primonti Bro's for some sandwiches. They were some big sandwiches! We hit the road, and after a nap, we were in Erie to visit Waldameer, and more importantly, Ravine Flyer II.

ShuckinEscapade400.jpg

You don't expect a little ride like this to pack such a punch. The ride throws you around on a flight of joy.

ShuckinEscapade389.jpg

We do have to give love to the park's other wooden coaster, Comet, which has a beautiful location in the trees:

ShuckinEscapade388.jpg

It was getting dark, and that meant the bugs came out. While waiting for Ravine Flyer II, I counted 42 of these guys:

ShuckinEscapade404.jpg

And they were all big! We could tell they were smart, because they built their webs around all the lights so the bugs would fly right into them. The spiders were having a feast.

After about five rides on the lovely Ravine Flyer II, it was time to head out, but not before some night photos:

ShuckinEscapade405.jpg

ShuckinEscapade406.jpg

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat to finish off the trip. After eating some delicious wings, we had to say good bye. Eight days together brought us all closer together, and we were all sad to leave. We couldn't believe how much fun we just had and all the memories that will last for our entire lives. Some people do these trips for the coasters, but most of us do it for the people, which is really what it's all about.

We headed back to Youngstown after parting ways and stayed the night at Marcus' house. I was finally home after a six hour bus ride back to Detroit. I was exhausted and a bit depressed, and the past few days have been lonely, but every time I think back, I can't help but smile at all the fun we had.

I hope you enjoyed reading.

I was finally home after a six hour bus ride back to Detroit. I was exhausted and a bit depressed, and the past few days have been lonely, but every time I think back, I can't help but smile at all the fun we had.

<3

Since I didn't do a trip report tonight, I uploaded these randoms instead.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoVXXgmUxFQ[/youtube]

My anus is bleeding!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZexWRhSmEs[/youtube]

Flappy lips!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLO6fLHh0r8[/youtube]

Brad didn't sing the cred song for me!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just popping in here quickly to say thanks to everyone for making the Live (and the whole trip) incredible.

I will try to get a few pictures together and knock up an excuse for a trip report in the next few days.

Once again, thanks to all for the hilarious memories!

Snoo

The Legend
It was fantastic meeting you Matt. I hope to see you again soon.. hopefully you'll be able to speak. ;)

^ HEY don't make fun.

Matty it was so fabulous that you could join us! You were a lot different than I expected, but in a good way of course :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great to have you join us Matt, my most rides partner. I'm expecting you to post more than a few pictures since you took so many. Hope to be able to spend some time with you again soon.
PS. You need to update that cc under your sigi. :wink:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Great vid Snoo! Looking forward to the rest! It sounds as if Brad is putting on his accent, what with all your strong American (and Canadian) accents. But I know that he isn't really.

Makes him sound sexier...and that really is a compliment seeming as though he has an awful Essex accent *shudders*

I walked into the dollar store today, and California Girls was on the radio.

I laughed.

My trip report is coming soon so expect a double post hehe.

Day 3- Holiday World

I was looking forward to this day very much, considering the park is home to my favourite coaster, which I’m sure as you have worked out, is Voyage! We got up pretty early which was a trend for the majority of the trip, and hit the road for Holiday World! Although it doesn’t have a very nice skyline, there’s still a lot of excitement when you see Voyage and Pilgrim’s Plunge from the road, two dominating structures! We got to the park shortly after it opened.

GEDC0716.jpg

GEDC0717.jpg
GEDC0719.jpg

Some shots going into the park, now here we are waiting to get in!

GEDC0720.jpg

GEDC0721.jpg

GEDC0722.jpg

GEDC0723.jpg

GEDC0724.jpg

GEDC0725.jpg

GEDC0726.jpg

Finally we got in, and made our way to Voyage!

GEDC0728.jpg

GEDC0729.jpg

I called dibs on sitting with Brad because I thought he would love it. Shame I was wrong.

GEDC0730.jpg

My wittle Aidypoo had to ride aloney.

GEDC0736.jpg

The ride itself is still as awesome as ever. There’s no denying that it beats you up, but the airtime and the out of control feeling is exactly what a coaster should be. It would have been interesting to try the Timberliners, but oh well, cest la vie. Everyone else thought it was a good coaster, and I believe it made most people’s top tens.

We went over to Legend next, which I remember being a crappy coaster, but I really enjoyed it this time despite the intense laterals. There isn’t much in the way of airtime, but it has a decent layout and it is kind of fun.
We got the rest of the credz including Raven, which I honestly don’t understand why it is rated so highly because it lasts for about three and a half seconds, and Howler, which I rode despite already having the cred.

GEDC0718.jpg

Raven.. If they had made it a minute longer it would be so much better.

After riding their mediocre flyers (which were still fun), we went back to the Thanksgiving side of the park because we noticed Pilgrim’s Plunge was working. We rode that, which was still fairly scary, and Gobbler’s Getaway, a shooter which I happened to lose (definitely a fluke).

GEDC0731.jpg

GEDC0732.jpg

(Granny Hart- Ha ha ha, I love her really)

GEDC0734.jpg

The boys went topless on Pilgrim’s Plunge, and I noticed Marc’s nipple-fro.
GEDC0735.jpg

All wet, but it felt good because it was pretty hot out.
We got some din dins at this one place, which had amazing food you’d find at like, a Thanksgiving dinner. I absolutely loved it, and it was probably one of my favourite meals of the trip.

After getting in some rerides and everything, we hit the road because I believe it was like, almost a five hour drive to the next hotel, which was in Boonville, Missouri. Before we got there though, we stopped at a grocery store to get some snacks. Swedish fish and Swiss Miss <3

The hotel was absolutely loaded with kids because of some baseball game thing, and since Jerry had some problems with the room earlier on in the day, the lady gave us an hour ERT in the pool, woo!

Stay tuned for Day 4- Worlds of Fun!

Ben

CF Legend
I dunno, from what people say about Voyage it sounds VERY me. When people say "it hurts but the airtime is worth it", I get a little excited...