What's new

SFMM | Wonder Woman Flight of Courage | RMC Raptor | 2022

Pear

Strata Poster
Surveying has begun in the area around Tidal Wave and the former Green Lantern at SFMM. There are rumors circulating that the end for Tidal Wave will be soon and it makes sense since Six Flags has been removing their splash boat rides in recent years. It seems the park might be trying to get a replacement for Green Lantern sooner rather than later. Perhaps we'll see something in 2021.

As of now I don't really buy the rumor of a PowerSplash for 2021, but if it were to happen I think it would be a good addition to the park...as long as they get the turntable version.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Seems teasing might be starting

http://instagr.am/p/B8AF1w4F2VA/
Some correlations I've drawn from the column that 2021 is in on this wheel:
- In 2009, Apocalypse: The Ride opened (GCI Wooden coaster)
- In 1998, Riddler's Revenge opened (B&M Stand-Up coaster)
- In 1986, Shockwave opened (Intamin Stand-Up coaster) - this area is now occupied by Apocalypse: The Ride.
- In 1974, Back Street was opened - the remaining rides (Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth and The Flash: Speed Force) are currently located in DC Universe.

All of these rides are/were located at the back half of Six Flags Magic Mountain, with a notable cluster being Riddler's Revenge, Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth and The Flash: Speed Force surrounding Green Lantern's former location. Perhaps I'm looking into this a bit too much, but this information might be useful later down the line?

TilenB

Strata Poster
I can't quite work this graphic out, is it showing what SFMM considers its biggest / best investments from the years in that section? If so its suggesting that the 2021 addition will be bigger than Superman escape from Krypton which opened in 1997. Interesting.
It's a bit odd really. Superman: Escape from Krypton is listed as a 2011 attraction, since it got refurbished (with the cars being turned around) in that year. The only other notable ride from the years listed next to 2021 is Apocalypse, which wasn't nearly as massive as Superman, but still a decent ride to beat with the new addition.

2021 is also the park's 50th anniversary and while it might mean nothing, I do remember them making quite a fuss about their 40th anniversary (with the additions of Green Lantern, Road Runner coaster and SEFK's refurb) in 2011.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It's going to be a Mack power loop or power splash. There is no hope for a raptor.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Jersey Devil and Aquaman: Power Wave seem to both take up a very long but narrow footprint. I think that a Jersey Devil clone would make more sense for Six Flags Magic Mountain, as it would presumably have higher capacity than a PowerSplash (even with the turntable, it's 950 riders per hour). It could also be marketed as the tallest, fastest, and longest single rail coaster in California, and in my eyes a very suitable addition for Six Flags Magic Mountain's long history of record-breaking and first-of-its-kind attractions.