What's new

SFMM | Unknown | RMC Raptor | 2022?

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
I'm thinking 60% chance Mack Power Splash, 40% raptor. As we have seen in the past, Six Flags doesn't always replace water rides with water rides, so the fact that Tidal Wave is being removed doesn't swing the pendulum towards a Mack for me. What does is it being SFMM's 50th anniversary and them always wanting the first of its kind etc; Though I'm wondering about the cost, doesn't seem like frugal investment compared to a raptor.
 

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm thinking 60% chance Mack Power Splash, 40% raptor. As we have seen in the past, Six Flags doesn't always replace water rides with water rides, so the fact that Tidal Wave is being removed doesn't swing the pendulum towards a Mack for me. What does is it being SFMM's 50th anniversary and them always wanting the first of its kind etc; Though I'm wondering about the cost, doesn't seem like frugal investment compared to a raptor.
Coming in 2021! The World's Only looping water coaster!


See. There's your first.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
 

i305_zack

Mega Poster
I don’t want this to be fake as this would be an amazing addition for the park. The problem that I have with this is that why would they start making the animation already when it is April and they will probably announce this in September?? Really hoping this will happen though because it would be an amazing addition for the park like I said!! ??
 
I don’t want this to be fake as this would be an amazing addition for the park. The problem that I have with this is that why would they start making the animation already when it is April and they will probably announce this in September?? Really hoping this will happen though because it would be an amazing addition for the park like I said!! ??
Maybe all the things with the coronavirus pushed Six Flags to make early animations and plans for 2021? Who knows, but if this is real, I agree it'll be an enthusiasts dream coaster and a GP's heavenly ride
 

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Gut feeling says fake. Thinking it through a little more only reinforces that notion:
  • West Coast Racers opened slightly less than three months ago. Isn't it a little early to start making a big deal out of the next coaster?
  • Speaking of West Coast Racers, it was built five years after the previous new coaster at the park - which was a conversion of an existing coaster. Not counting a tiny kiddie cred, West Coast Racers was the first from-the-ground-up build at SFMM for seven years. Yet now they are somehow popping in another ride only a year after the last one? One would think they would want to get a little more mileage out of West Coast Racer now that it has finally opened.
  • The financial shape of Six Flags. 'nuff said.
  • Trivia question: not counting relocations, when was the last time a Vekoma coaster was built at a park owned (at the time) by Six Flags? Answer as far as I can tell: 2001. That was Batwing at Six Flags America, for the record. Six Flags hasn't gone to Vekoma for their new rides in a really long time, and with their newer rides being somewhat pricier than was the case in the old days, I don't really see why they would begin again now.
  • A Tilt Coaster would be a bigger coaster than anything Six Flags has built since SFGAm Goliath, with a gimmick that's certain to be on the maintenance-heavy side. It doesn't strike me as the type of coaster they'd be willing (or able) to shell out for, given their recent strategy of making their coasters compact and inexpensive.
  • With a coaster that big, the IP doesn't really seem to match its scale. I've never heard about the Martian Manhunter before. Six Flags has the theme park rights to a whole host of comics characters, and they're supposedly blowing the biggest wad in years on this schmuck?
  • The cars in the render look all kinds of funky, the style is not consistent between cars. The first car seems to be lifted directly out of any of the three existing Tilt coasters, the next four seem to be lifted directly out of Rollercoaster Tycoon. Also a minor point: all current Tilt coasters run six cars per train, this one has five (although it has been almost two decades since Vekoma last built one, so I presume they would have revised the design since then).
  • As mentioned above, the time of year seems to be all wrong for the graphics package to be ready. Six Flags does its announcements in late summer/early autumn, why would they have put text to the images and got the logo ready as early as April? Having ready-to-present graphics of a new coaster already would count as preparedness, I guess, but this seems to be stretching the limit of what's reasonable. Meanwhile, it's April Fools' season, there are tons of enthusiasts locked up in their own homes and a wide audience starved for good news from their favourite parks. It's the perfect storm for fake news.
So yeah, there are quite a few aspects of this that point towards it not being legit. I guess it could be real, but it'd be a departure from what we've seen from Six Flags in the past decade and a half, coming right after another big investment at the park, at a time where conditions are ripe for abundant fakery. In short, it's not looking good.
 

Matt N

Strata Poster
Another thing to keep in mind; could the parks possibly be wanting to evaluate the economic impact of coronavirus before committing to any 2021 investments? Or would this sort of thing already be signed off?

I'm not trying to quash the chances of this happening, as I think it looks really cool and would love for it to happen! It's just something I thought would be worth bearing in mind.
 

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
Another thing to keep in mind; could the parks possibly be wanting to evaluate the economic impact of coronavirus before committing to any 2021 investments? Or would this sort of thing already be signed off?

I'm not trying to quash the chances of this happening, as I think it looks really cool and would love for it to happen! It's just something I thought would be worth bearing in mind.
Major 2021 investments will already be well beyond 'contract signing' stage at this point. Smaller stuff (maybe even some of the simpler flats) possibly, but nothing we'd really care much about.
 
Top