What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

emoo

Hyper Poster
This is a seasonal park, with different park managers and circumstances the ride may not have faced without the external factors - perhaps they do care a little?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Sure, that was a soft opening, but the official opening for the public wasn't until January 2020. ?‍♂️

Anyway, I'm honestly not too fussed if Jersey Devil doesn't open this year. I mean, sucks I won't get to ride it for some time, but a Raptor was the only thing that could bring me back to that awful park. If that ain't open, no need to go lol.

davidm

Strata Poster

That ^ link said:
Jersey Devil Coaster to Debut in 2021

The world’s tallest, fastest and longest single rail coaster, Jersey Devil Coaster, will not open this year. Due to the pandemic, most construction projects were delayed or halted all together. For this reason, Six Flags is making plans to debut Jersey Devil Coaster in 2021. We look forward to sharing more construction updates as we complete this record-breaking scream machine.

Matt N

CF Legend
In all honesty, I think it’s a good decision. The park won’t feel like it needs to rush the construction, and it also means that they will likely to be able to give Jersey Devil the fanfare it deserves!

Hutch

Strata Poster
While this isn't surprising, it's still a bit of a bummer to hear this officially, especially with it being one of the better looking rides to debut this year.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
lol ofc it's delayed till 2021.
Fair point....2021 leaves all year open. Watch it be like...Sept 2021 haha

Welp, not going to SF this year. Not paying and dealing the bleh for El Toro and Nitro and possibly 1 ride on KK. Hate to say. Guess there's next year. Looked sick too.

Does that mean they are aiming for 2021 or are they going to pull a SFOT and hold this coaster until 2022?
This will be a 2021 edition personally. SFOT will probably be adding that turntable and a second train which will be an extra year of work. Jersey Devil Coaster is like 50% done on track nearly so it'll take till January/February 2021 then testing till the summer of 2021

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
This will be a 2021 edition personally. SFOT will probably be adding that turntable and a second train which will be an extra year of work. Jersey Devil Coaster is like 50% done on track nearly so it'll take till January/February 2021 then testing till the summer of 2021
So SFOT were too cheap to add a turntable and second train before corona damaged their finances but you seriously believe an unfounded claim online that they now will retrospectively add those to an already built ride? Sorry if I strongly doubt that...

Shadow17

Roller Poster
So SFOT were too cheap to add a turntable and second train before corona damaged their finances but you seriously believe an unfounded claim online that they now will retrospectively add those to an already built ride? Sorry if I strongly doubt that...
It's possible that instead of a previously planned larger capital investment, they instead decided to go with this as their investment for the year. Would definitely be less money than a whole new ride

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Presumably the station has been designed with no turntable in mind, meaning that if they were to add a turntable, it would involve redesigning the station, and inclusion of a maintenance bay and many other things.

Realistically no park would do those things retrospectively, let alone a park that cheaped out on adding them in the first.