What's new

SF New England 6/5/15

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
So I don't like to go crazy with these things, and these rides are already well photographed, so here is my brief and not too intense trip report!

Started the day off with 5 straight rides on Wicked Cyclone, each was a walk on. It took me longer to walk all the way around back to the entrance than the actual wait! This ride is my new #1 coaster. It has everything: ejector airtime, some "throw you around" moments, smooth, great pace (not super fast but it doesn't feel like to slows up too much/is going slow). It has more moments of airtime, again all ejector, than Toro or Skyrush, and while it has good intensity it's not I305 levels and it's of course super smooth. The way I see it, while it may not have the extreme moments of other coasters, that is what makes it so ridable! No bruises, thigh soreness, graying out or roughness. Also it has more moments of airtime than any coaster I've been on except Phoenix, but this one is of course much more intense airtime.

WC has it all, and a perfect layout. The momentum is never killed, there are no "weird" moments, no track is wasted and it moves well from element to element, it does so in a logical manner but isn't simply a pattern. The first roll element throws you around a good bit, but not violently and the hang time on the other rolls is epic.

WP_20150605_10_43_06_Pro_zpsfh7xsurl.jpg

WP_20150605_10_43_09_Pro%201_zps1pay1pix.jpg

WP_20150605_11_32_36_Pro%201_zpsilmg8qiz.jpg

WP_20150605_10_59_50_Pro_zpsdyxzwgzj.jpg

WP_20150605_11_34_11_Pro%201_zps01asdfmu.jpg

Taking advantage of the non existent lines I ran to Bizarro, nabbed two rides both front row and each was a 20 minute wait, though one became 45 due to a sickness incident. There was tons of stacking, I think it would've been a few minutes without the constant stacking.
Anyway, Bizarro is a great ride and still a top 10 but I do think it suffers a bit from newer more intense/extreme airtime rides like Toro, Skyrush and I305. The airtime was good, but not as much as Rush or Toro, it had some good force (I even got the weird eye feeling, like the fringes of a grey out coming) but it's not an extremely forceful/intense ride. The restraints were a bit sucky as well but we all know that. Great ride nonetheless.

WP_20150605_12_07_25_Pro_zpsq3lithxm.jpg

WP_20150605_13_18_16_Pro_zpseclj6hyz.jpg

These were the highlights, I got a 10 minute wait for Goliath thanks to single rider line. I like the ride, I do, but it is like being in a car crash, exhilarating and intense but...violently :lol: and after I had a bit of a headache and misaligned spine. Ironically had almost no side to side headthrashing, but worse...the front to back head bashing, and general feeling of impending death.

I nabbed 3 more rides on WC, for 8 in total and another on Bizarro, as well as Thunderbolt and New England Sky Screamer which was simply too short. Had to bail early due to plans later that day, but I achieved what I wanted, and if I chose to keep whoring WC I could've done 15+ rides easily. I will probably go again later this year, and WC is indeed my new #1 coaster, finally toppling MForce the mantle holder since 2001.
I'm quite tired, and figured no need to post pics of the stuff we already know so well. So yeah, a pretty good day, and one helluva new coaster!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yay for WC whoring! :p
Nice you go to visit the park on such a slow day, yet beautiful weather. Every time I've been there when it's slow, it's also been overcast.
Also glad you like Wicked Cyclone, but then what's not to like. :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
Had similar weather to when we visited a few weeks ago. I REALLY don't think WC will ever have a queue and if they knew how to run it properly, it would be walk on all the time.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
^Was it that bad with loading and dispatching?

I was hoping the issue with running it was just a media day thing with all different people filming, people setting up, and tons of random crap going on around the coaster. My first ride on media day I was in my restraints ready to go for about 10 minutes. Enough time for the guy behind me to troll Alan Schilke asking him if he built Steel Dragon 2000 and other awful questions. They were really slow then I was hoping that would of smoothed itself out.

Snoo

The Legend
They had 2 trains running but the speed was a lot less then desired. We could probably attribute that to Six Flags more then anything else.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
SFNE looks great, glad you enjoyed Cyclone! I'd kill to keep walking on it. :p Great report!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
So I was there today and the park was absolutely dead. The line for Wicked Cyclone was tiny. I got 6 rides on it with front row being the best IMO. I also rode all over the middle and back. As far as the operations go it was better than media day but still could use some improvement. They ran the two trains as well.

Bizarro was a really awful wait as usually since they only were running one train.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Wicked Cyclone looks absolutely insane. Want to ride it soooo bad, but probably won't be able to for quite a while since I'm nowhere near the East coast.