What's new

Sex education for 5 year olds

Sex Education for 5 Year olds, should it be taught to them?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Tell me more about sex

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Lmao, Joey where'd you find that? Literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. The anger is her voice <3

LMAO at that video. What an idiot! And I thought I had no common sense! Has she never heard of the prism effect when light strikes water? Oh my god haha.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Surely that's not real? No-one could be that ****ing stupid.

I'd love to show her a magnet...

jokerman

Giga Poster
I suppose if it's up to the parents then fine, let them teach what they want to their kids.

I question, however, whether it's suitable to teach 7 year olds about prostitution.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't believe that parents should be aloud to teach their kids what they like. That leads to home schooling and religious indoctrination.

No individual knows everything, and to place a child's entire development on the luck of the draw of parent isn't morally right.

More children should be encouraged to simply think. The problem with school systems accross the world is they they teach kids methodology and tick boxing, and don't allow them to develop or think outside of those boxes.

That video has been around for a long time. I recon it's real. And it demonstrates the black and white mindset of people the world over. MOST people think like this (maybe not this extreme, but).

kir

Hyper Poster
I knew about sex when I was 4, before I'd even started playschool. Seriously. I religiously "read" anything I could get my hands on, and being mischievous I decided to root through a ton of medical books my parents had stacked away in a cupboard. It took my mum a few seconds to figure out what had happened when I pointed at my neighbours kissing across the road and exclaimed "they're going to go inside and rub bellies and have babies!". She had to sit me down and tell me not to talk about it with my brother (who was 6 at the time) as it was something very special and secret that only adults did with each other.

I (admittedly vaguely) remember taking it as fact and just another thing that happened in life. I had a harder time digesting the outrageous news that certain seasonal characters I admired did not exist.

I don't believe it makes a difference what age children learn about sex. Some will be ready for it, some won't. I say if a child makes statements and asks questions it is up to the guardians to either correct them or inform them. Not only does it mean they become more knowledgable and perceptive at a younger age, it also teaches them valuable lessons about life that will stick with them indefinitely, preferably before they make blundering mistakes or talk about the wrong things with the wrong people.