What's new

SeaWorld Orlando Possible 2021 Coaster

Pear

SeaWorld Orlando has filed plans for a new 2021 project that will take up 3.6 acres of land near the front entrance of the park. The project is codenamed "Penguin" and there are rumors that it could be a wing coaster.

1579192916830.png

1579192926125.png

1579192934382.png

1579192952037.png

Seems that SEAS shows no signs of slowing down on investments in 2021.

Thanks to CoasterKings for the pictures!

SeaWorld Orlando has filed plans for a new 2021 project that will take up 3.6 acres of land near the front entrance of the park. The project is codenamed "Penguin" and there are rumors that it could be a wing coaster.

View attachment 7636

View attachment 7637

View attachment 7638

View attachment 7639

Seems that SEAS shows no signs of slowing down on investments in 2021.

Thanks to CoasterKings for the pictures!
Seaworld are absolutely killing it! If this is a wing coaster, then it will be like Gatekeeper in my opinion, cause they can do a nice updated entrance just like Cedar Point

Matt N

This should be a phenomenal addition to an already phenomenal coaster selection! Manta was already very prominent at SeaWorld Orlando's front entrance as it was, so I'd imagine that this will have even more of a dominating presence! Is it known whether the two rides might interact at all?

As for it being a wing coaster; The Swarm is a fantastic ride, so this should be too, in my opinion! B&M's recent wing coasters have also been looking better than the earlier ones, in my opinion, so I'm optimistic for the ride experience of this one! If it turns out to be a wing coaster, of course!

So overall, a great addition, and it will certainly give SWO a smashing top 4 (or top 5 if you like Manta more than I do!).

Kozmo

I've got my fingers crossed for a winged coaster because I've not yet had a chance to ride one and SeaWorld/Busch gardens are close to home for me that I visit regularly and have annual passes for. It's pretty difficult as a parent to travel out of state to other theme parks like cedar point to enjoy "new rides" so I'm loving this whole new ride every year thing SeaWorld parks have going on 😁

Jackson

@GAcoaster over on the insideuniversal forums (one of the original sources for the rumor, you can see them quoted in the article in the OP) posted this recently:

"I talked to the person who initially told me about the new coaster plans and it may truly be a "first of it's kind" B&M coaster coming in, and not just a wing coaster.

Some time ago they trademarked a "Surf Coaster" design (B&M Trademarks New Coaster Type: "Surf Coaster"), and the new rumor is that it may be the new coaster coming to SeaWorld.

This would make a lot of sense with 2021 being so competitive for the Orlando market. While SeaWorld isn't in the same league and challenging Disney and Universal, they are focused on the annual pass/local market and need to do something big to keep them coming. With the Jurassic Coaster, Tron Coaster, and Guardians coaster all offering big new thrills, they feel they need to do something I'm sure. A first of it's kind coaster would certainly make a splash even in the big pond of Orlando.

Perhaps this is a variation on the Wing Coaster design and that caused the confusion? "

If true, this really sounds like a 4D coaster.