What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

MakoMania

Mega Poster
If this is the first B&M surf coaster and the project codename is "Project Penguin," penguins swim and slide laying down on their stomachs. Just a thought.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yes, because a lay down B&M in a park that already has a lay down B&M makes sense.

Also, where did this project penguin name come from? That doesn't make sense considering they already have Antarctica, Empire of the Penguin ...on the complete opposite side of the park, form this new construction. (unless they just want a cheap out and reuse the emperor name)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
200.gif

^Dat gif tho.... ??

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The lying down coaster is when you think about it an unworkable idea anyway. no ones going to want to lie down completely flat with legs out, so you would have your legs crooked like on a B&M Flyer. (Needed for some kind of boarding procedure anyway), At that point you are essentially in the same position as someone leaning forwards on a motorbike coaster anyway so why bother.

And as a concept it would be god awful for anyone not in the front row anyway.

To be honest the concept could be anything but if I had to hazard a guess i'd say something along the lines of Pulsar. Not a shuttle but a proper coaster with a proper water splash as a main feature somewhere in a traditional sitdown arrangement.

DanielHopper

Roller Poster
I know I’m late to the party with this, but I wondered if anyone maybe knew any more on this new coaster?
Apparently it’s going to Sea World in Orlando. I’ve seen a few theories suggesting a sideways stand-up coaster or a stand-up wing coaster? At one point there were rumours that SW were looking at getting a wing coaster.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I know I’m late to the party with this, but I wondered if anyone maybe knew any more on this new coaster?
Apparently it’s going to Sea World in Orlando. I’ve seen a few theories suggesting a sideways stand-up coaster or a stand-up wing coaster? At one point there were rumours that SW were looking at getting a wing coaster.
We've been discussing it over in this thread: