What's new

Scariest coaster you have ever been on

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ Top Thrill Dragster.

The scariest coaster i've been on has to be Kumali at FL but just when I was young. I was only scared of it because of how imposing it looks and it was the only coaster I've ever refused to go on. When I finally did get on it, it was very fun and it was the coaster that got me into this enthusiasim.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I would say SAW:THE RIDE at Thorpe Park maily because i had never seen anything like it. That drop on it almost left me crying it was that scary.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Personally, I found queuing more scary...

I generally get scared at the top of giant lift hills or drop towers, however once you drop...it's incredibly fun and you wonder why you even got scared...

Sometimes though, I worry that I might have lost my passion for coasters...

coastergeek14

Roller Poster
Mine has to to Kraken at sea world. After the lift and as you turn into the drop, you see how big it is. I was like poo when I saw it. Great coaster though after I went oh it.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
rattler @ Six flags Fiesta Texas. Almost **** my pants on going down the first drop and hearing a loud bang and thud.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^^^Yup, Kraken sure is awesome! It's just pure fun...not scary at all! :--D Before the loop you almost bash your head though...

To be honest, the older coasters (^like steeplechase) are sometimes more scary than the newer ones!

I'd be pretty scared on a russian ice slide...

coastergeek14

Roller Poster
Re: Re: Scariest coaster you have ever been on

CoasterCrazy said:
^^^Yup, Kraken sure is awesome! It's just pure fun...not scary at all! :--D Before the loop you almost bash your head though...

Im not scared of it anymore, love it now! :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hmm, it's hard for coasters to scare me these days. Coasters I remember being scared of include Stealth (the anticipation for the launch was insane the first time round), the Big One (that lift-hill still gets me from time to time) and Irn Bru Revolution (the way it clangs and clacks and shakes the whole station).

The only that still really scare me are drop towers.

merga74

Roller Poster
Loch Ness monster when I was 8 in 1983. It was my first coaster, and I did not know that there was some play in the OTSR's. Going down the first drop it moved a bit and I turned white. In fact up untill recently, because of that experience, ive wanted the restraints as tight as possible. recently though Ive let up a click or two.
The coaster itself that actually scared me a bit was Batman:The Ride at SFGrAdv the first time I went on it. It was brand new at the time and an inverted coaster was unheard of for me. The sound of the trains going by while we were in line was enormous and intimidating. My daughter says it sounds like a "quartet of lions" Nowadays on B:TR I dont even hang on, but that first ride ever was scary.

Jake

Strata Poster
This

6dt003bldmo91nger512j4.jpg

This

303770_10150792880565054_743580053_20721461_4999156_n.jpg

303215_10150792880910054_743580053_20721465_7611927_n.jpg

310859_10150792880695054_743580053_20721463_1914565_n.jpg

306375_10150792880830054_743580053_20721464_4535262_n.jpg

...and this

mlcmo91nkel7gfg8001bnd.jpg

4sb06nerdgi3f8tag0v0g0.jpg

reddude333

Giga Poster
I guess I'd have to say when I rode Ghostrider and I swear the bolts were coming loose on the lapbars in the back seat. However, it did add to the excitement.

michaellll

Mega Poster
MilF and TTD scared the **** out of me since I was only maybe 11 or 12 at the time.

Going up the skinny little lift of MilF was crazy. I felt so exposed as I was used to B&M's at the time. After those coasters I've never been frightened again. Eventually when I get around to KD I'll probably be a little nervous on I305, but it'll only be because I won't want to black out lol.

Now flat rides...I'm not a huge fan of. Most large travelling rides are a no-go for me, and usually I have to stare at permanent flats for a while before I convince myself it's not going to throw me 100 ft into a lake.

Drop towers though are cake. No problems with those.

ambernicole92

Roller Poster
I'd probably say Flight of Fear at King's Dominion. I'm not sure why, but that coaster gives me a bad feeling every time I ride it. I'm usually really happy when that ride is over with, as apposed to any other coaster where I could ride them all day. I also usually try to avoid wild mouse coasters because I REALLY don't enjoy feeling like I'm going to fly right off the track...

aliman

Mega Poster
Griffon :0

However, if you want to count flat rides, nothing scares me more then a sky swat!!