Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
jokerman said:
Joey said:
jokerman said:
I like the idea of a pit of needles, like the one in Saw 2.
No.

How can you possibly respond "no" to that. All I said was that I liked the idea. You can tell me why you think it is a bad idea, but simply saying no just makes no sense.

You know what? I think the pit of needles would be a great thing to have underneath the roll in the building! Wouldn't that be great? :p

Anyway, forgive me for being stupid, but what is this picture of?
jan09-5.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
So that's where the £12 mill are going. Plumberwork!

Well, I think this ride will be one massive letdown for some, and almost a "temple" for those who pretend they like gorey films, but never saw an entire SAW movie. It's still sort of unique, as it combines a walkthrough with a ghost train, then turns into a coaster.

I think it will be decent. Not anything mind-blowing, but not bad for a UK coaster.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Jools said:
oo :lol:

YAY! more themeing :--D

It's Thorpe. They buy some plastic pipes from poundland, stick them together and create theming :lol:

Thats what it looks like to me :?

They use posters saying "Colossus or Nemesis Inferno" to steal used chewing gum and use it as theming...

It's Thorpe :lol:

I'm actually looking forward to Saw! Great layout. Nice gory theming around (for once), sexy drop. All seems fine to me :--D

neo

Mega Poster
Oh and for those who don’t already know, Saw: The Ride is costing £13.5million.

And when converted into dollars £13.5million equals just over $20million.

That’s right, $2.5million more than Mystery Mines expense and $1million less than Tatsu’s investment.

Jools

Giga Poster
But I thought that in the US 100,000 was a million, but to us in the UK that is a hundred thousand :?

What am I thinking of here?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^......... Seriously... What.... The..... ****?!

One million = 1'000'000

And it still doesn't answer much questions on where the theming budget is being spent tbh... As those new photos prove once again...

Jools

Giga Poster
Im sorry :oops:

And anyway, I was think of billion, we say 100 millins, americans say that's a billion I believe :p

spicy

Giga Poster
neo said:
Oh and for those who don’t already know, Saw: The Ride is costing £13.5million.

And when converted into dollars £13.5million equals just over $20million.

That’s right, $2.5million more than Mystery Mines expense and $1million less than Tatsu’s investment.

spicy said:
Stone Cold said:
Firstly, the £12,000,000 that has been thrown at this project. I know that Merlin can spend the cash on whatever they like, but equally, I'm entitled to point out that smaller (and better) parks don't throw that much cash around and they produce decent rides, thus by investing £12m, I expect Thorpe to be able to better these other park's efforts. You can buy a lot of poster paint with £12,000,000 and I want to see that reflected in the effort made with this ride.

Thats a very good point, if you gave £12 million to a park like, Paultons say. They would make a very worthwhile investment. Merlin don't seem to get that much for their money, I mean I still can't believe that Charlie and the Chocolate factory at Alton cost £6 million, where the hell did all that money go?

Just goes to prove the point.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Jools said:
But I thought that in the US 100,000 was a million, but to us in the UK that is a hundred thousand :?

In America, 1000 million is a billion. Officially in Britain, 1 billion is a million millions, but since a long time ago, we started using the American way, partly because it is easier, and partly because the BBC decided to start using it.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Jools said:

Billions.

A british billion is 1 million million

an american billion is 100,000 million.

EDIT: ignore, been beaten to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.