What's new

S&S launched coaster for Happy Valley Beijing

Lofty

CF Legend
This actually looks pretty promising. It seems like these NEW S&S launch coasters are becoming a LOT more popular than their old Launched coasters. They're branding them as 'Thrill Coasters' though instead of 'Launch Coasters'. Am I being really silly or does it have some kind of different launch mechanism rather than air?!

Martyn B

CF Legend
I actually think its a shame that you go up that twisty hill, but its something different I suppose.

andrus

Giga Poster
I like my hills straight as well! And that weird looking hill it launches up to looks cool, just hope it works out well in reality!

A

Anonymous

EGF is a prime example why twisty drops are crap :)

I really love this coaster, S&S really know how to make them look great, but I have my doubts about the hill shown to the right on the second pic Roomrider posted above, it just looks so wrong.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Are you being sarcastic? :wink: That first drop is awesome, that's actually the only part of EGF I really like!

A

Anonymous

^ Nope, to me it's one of the worst parts of the ride, and it's the least enjoyable drop of any Intamin Mega I have ridden...

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, EGF's drop is like, the only good part of the ride...

I'd take it over the "oh look, I'm hanging out the train" overbanks especially.

Tony

Hyper Poster
RCDB has posted some new pictures and it looks pretty awesome!

p28051.jpg

p28050.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/9140.htm?p=0

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Want. Want. Want. Want.

That looks absolutely incredible. I wonder how fast it runs though the circuit...

andrus

Giga Poster
The climb after the launch looks immense! If it doesn't kill people I believe it'll be awesome :p There should be some pretty strong airtime on the hills as well, especially on the closest one on those pics :--D

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
That 90 degree banked turn is just...odd looking...
I hope it works well since the rest of the ride looks great. I would imagine some of the airtime is going to be incredible, especially on those last few hills. I just hope it rides decently well... I'm never really sure what to expect from S&S. I wonder how the other Happy Valley one is coming along?

Snoo

The Legend
I was gonna say.. that whole ride just looks.. horribly designed. Bad ass tho.. :lol:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
p28050.jpg

Thats worse than Speeds banked turn!

From the loooks of it.. and from messing around in No Limits and more specifically, Newton 2, it looks to be that the top section of the turn will be 0Gs.. that'll be why its so bizarre looking. You can see the transition from 0 to positive G's towards the far side of the turn.