What's new

Room 101

nadroJ

CF Legend
^urgh, people fidgeting like that are the worst <//3 I was trying to write an essay earlier and the guy at the table next to me was shaking the table the whole damn time, like please can you not?

Speaking of public transport, people who put their bags on seats, especially during rush hour. Are you retarded? Move your stuff you selfish morons!

Lottie.

Mega Poster
People who sit on a table seat on the train, and have all their **** on the table. So annoying when you want to use that space to get your laptop out and do some work!

Oh and customers (or people in general) who do not have basic manners - it's not hard to say 'Hi' or 'Thanks' just as an acknowledgement. I don't want a full blown conversation as I know some people don't want that, but I think it's way too rude to not acknowledge a cashier who is serving you :/

Smithy

Strata Poster
You're an attractive female. That probably works in your favour.

And god yes manners (or a lack of) is something that bugs me; just because I work in a supermarket does not mean you can click your fingers at me and expect a response.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pedestrians (usually mothers with toddlers or prams) constantly on mobile phones.

Now, I'm fully aware of how dangerous it is to drive while using a phone, if the police catch me doing it then it's three points and a large fine - knock somebody over and probably prison.

Yet it's perfectly fine for pedestrians to be so involved in their conversations, texting, checking BitchBook or whatever; that they can walk out into the road without checking first to see if there are any cars. It's just as bad if you're walking too, people on their phones don't get out of the way (or because they're one handed can't handle a pram), or walk slowly and don't realise there's a line of 200 people behind them.

Though they're not as bad as people at the supermarket who block entire aisles with their trolleys and family. Usually trolley in the middle of "loving couple" and a brat on one side of them - all walking so slowly they're close to going backwards. Put yourselves in a **** line one in front of the other and leave space for important and busy people to get past - those who still have the ability to understand there is a limited number of breaths each person has and wish to make the most of them by getting on with life and away from the chores like shopping and pretending that just because you walk side by side, you're a happy couple :p

And rude people too. I'm very polite and smiley to staff (though I never tip :p ) and acknowledge them, even the very special people Asda seem to employ on their tills ;)

Smithy

Strata Poster
I do get unecessarily annoyed at people who walk slow for no apparent reason. Like, I've got a life to live and I don't plan on wasting actual MINUTES of my day stuck behind you.

Some people.

Srs though it does bug me way more than it should but it's such a mundane and petty thing that even I laugh at myself for it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I know exactly what you mean, but I never could understand how people can comfortably walk that slow? Like, it takes actually effort for me to reduce my speed down to that.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It tends to be worse for me, because I have long legs. It's physically uncomfortable for me to maintain any kind of low speed walk. I have to kind of shuffle. Momentum means it's better for me to stride.

I did read somewhere once about how it requires more energy to walk under your natural pace than it does to "trot" and keep up. Slowies, you're hurting us fasties!

Nic

Strata Poster
furie said:
Yet it's perfectly fine for pedestrians to be so involved in their conversations, texting, checking BitchBook or whatever; that they can walk out into the road without checking first to see if there are any cars.
OMG YES! The amount of near misses I've had pulling into the end of my road where people just cross without so much as flinching to look. They're either too engrossed reading their phone screen and/or have massive headphones on so are in a little world of their own. It really doesn't take much to just look both ways before crossing the bloody road! ARGH!

On the same bit of road, it's one way, with parking spaces either side so as to make it single lane. There is a cycle path on the pavement (which is bright red and REALLY **** obvious) to allow cyclists to safely pass the wrong way through here onto the main road. Why, then, do they all seem to feel the need to cycle down the middle of the road THE WRONG WAY? Eugh! Basically, that junction is a death trap, but only because of the idiots that use it.

Oh, oh! Also, coming out of the main entrance at work. I tend to park in a different car park, which involves driving down a side road past the main entrance to get out. People driving out of the main entrance have to give way to cars on the side street. The amount of times I've been driving along there, someone coming out has had to stop to let me past, then flashed/beeped at me as if I'm in the wrong! Errr, NO! Those double dashed white lines you've just driven over are there for a reason, ****.

I also agree with the whole thing about people walking too slowly too, especially when they insist on all standing in a line so as to block the entire pavement too. Trying to get along Kensington Gardens in Brighton on a Saturday is the ultimate worst <///3 All the foreign students and tourists with their massive rucksacks! I'm a local don't you know, get out of my **** way! Morons!

</transport rant>

nadroJ

CF Legend
People who insist on pressing buttons when they've clearly already been pushed. I'm talking waiting for lifts or road crossings. IT'S LIT UP THAT MEANS IT ALREADY KNOWS SOMEBODY WANTS IT WHAT ARE YOU DOING WBrhqwrhq

Also, people who get in lifts to go up one floor. To get to work I have to go from the bottom to the top (5 levels) and it is INFURIATING when the lift stops at EVERY floor because some fatty can't be bothered to walk.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I know how much people get annoyed at pressing lifts in buttons....I often take it one step further and press a button and don't get out...People never say anything but you can feel the hatred build up in the lift which is beautiful <3.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
It's when you get into a lift and someone else already in the lift says "what floor do you want?" and they press the button for you taking away the satisfaction of pressing the button yourself, then it's like who put you in charge of the lift!? Those people should go into room 101.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^If I'm getting out of a lift and there's nobody else in it, I take great delight in pressing all the buttons for its return journey.

Another one about kids in public places: cinemas.

There's nothing wrong with taking kids to the cinema, especially for a family film, but you need to keep the little bastards quiet when they're there. You can probably switch off from the constant talking and asking stupid questions since you live with the little **** ers and do that every day while you're watching Jeremy Kyle, but the rest of us in there can't do that. Oh, and don't go giving evils if a total stranger tells your kids to shut up; it's your fault that they've had to do it in the first place because you're an awful **** ing parent.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
caffeine_demon said:
gavin said:
^^If I'm getting out of a lift and there's nobody else in it, I take great delight in pressing all the buttons for its return journey.

I've been known to do that one too! :D

I have never done this before but I think I shall. The film 'Elf' comes to mind here where he presses all the buttons in the Empire State Building because it looks 'pretty'. Suck larks.

Attachments

• elf_elevator11.jpg
    elf_elevator11.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 30

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It was always best getting back into work from a lunch break, knowing I was going to be just on time, seeing my bitch of a coworker running for the lift, pretending to not see her, closing the door, traveling up to the 15th floor and then hitting all the buttons as I got out.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
gavin said:
^It was always best getting back into work from a lunch break, knowing I was going to be just on time, seeing my bitch of a coworker running for the lift, pretending to not see her, closing the door, traveling up to the 15th floor and then hitting all the buttons as I got out.

You evil, but genius man XD