What's new

Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantled.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Re: Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantl

I'd have loved to have gone on Windjammer at Knott's simply because of how terrible everyone says it is.

madhjsp

Giga Poster

Like many have said so far, I'd really like to have ridden Drachen Fire before it was torn down. It was operating on the day of my first-ever trip to Busch Gardens (also my first trip to any amusement park), but I was too scared to ride it after Loch Ness Monster terrified me that morning. When my family went back the next year, it was down for the day, and the next year was when they decided to close it for good. So by the time I'd worked up the heart to ride it, it was too late. I felt like I was being mocked as it just stood there for a couple more years before it was taken down entirely. :roll:

It's a shame, really, because I think that layout had real potential if B&M had been able to build it.

Error

Strata Poster

Dracen Fire, Big Bad Wolf, a few beatiful-in-their-prime coasters. I wish the little park near my town didnt burn down and sink into the lake.

Sent while out and about

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Son of Beast (with loop)

Batman & Robin @ SFGAdv

Hercules @ Dorney

Hypersonic XLC @ Kings Dominion

Sierra Tonante @ Mirabilandia

Josh73

Giga Poster

Viper at SFGA. I want it in my life <3

A101

Mega Poster

Son of Beast, with or without loop. Would've been nice to see Drachen Fire, not sure if I would want to ride it though...

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

Batman and Robin: The Chiller at SFGA

Twister Zone

Roller Poster

Jungle Coaster at Legoland Windsor. When i was there the first day it was broken down & the second day it was running on half capacity & i kinda ran out of time to go on it but i see it at Legoland Florida now so if i ever go there....

Saw The Bullet come up here a few times, that was a pretty cool ride, don't know why they took it out???

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster

HangOver (Liseberg)
Thriller (Gröna Lund)
Z-Force (Six Flags Great America)
Eagle Fortress (Everland)
Big Bad Wolf (Busch Gardens Williamsburg)
Drachen Fire (Busch Gardens Williamsburg)
Batman: The Chiller (Six Flags Great Adventure)
Robin: The Chiller (- || - - || - - || - )
Batman Knight Flight (Six Flags Worlds of Adventure)
BMRX (Kobe Portopialand)
Shockwave (Six Flags Great America)
Great American Scream Machine (Six Flags Great Adventure)
Vertigo (Walibi Belgium)

aliman

Mega Poster

I always wanted to ride Son of beast.

Luxornv

Mega Poster

Son of Beast would be probably the most notable. I'm going to Kings Island for the first time next week, and it will be tough to see it there, but unable to ride it.

Another one would be the Bobs from Riverview in Chicago. I'm not sure if this one counts since it was dismantled about 22 years before I was even born.

Shockwave from SFGAm as well; I visited the park several times while it was there, but I was too young at the time to ride it. I will always remember how the first drop of the ride seemed to be looming right over the midway.

I can't really think of any more.

Snoo

The Legend

Son of Beast.. it was ok. ;)

I'd say Eagle Fortress. Looks boss.

BBH

Giga Poster

Iron Wolf at SFGAm.

No, I don't care if it hurts my, well, guys, you know. I've been in 3 Whirlyball crashes, and that's about as much damage as your **** can take.

Luxornv

Mega Poster

BBH said:
Iron Wolf at SFGAm.

No, I don't care if it hurts my, well, guys, you know. I've been in 3 Whirlyball crashes, and that's about as much damage as your **** can take.

Go to Six Flags America then. Even though it's the first B&M, it's really not a great ride. You didn't miss much with it.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

Texas Cyclone, it looks so epic and then Astroworld had to go and get bulldozed.