What's new

Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantled.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
gavin said:
^Some of them are great, namely the ones that were designed as travelling coasters. Others (sooperdooperlooper, revolution) are complete s**t.

SDL isn't THAT bad. I mean, it doesn't do much interesting, but I'd get in line for it again. Was kind of fun at night. :)

Anyways, I felt really ticked when Big Bad Wolf closed. Had I known about it sooner, I would have nagged my parents to book a trip to Busch. Looked like a pretty good Arrow suspended, maybe one of the ONLY good ones. That drop over the river looked awesome. Also, the one and old time I went to Six Flags Great Adventure when Batman and Robin the Chiller was there....it was broken. :( I wouldn't have gotten to ride it with the zero-g rolls anyways, though, so it doesn't matter. Bat looked cool too.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Big Bad Wolf and Hypersonic XLC are the gutting ones.

And whilst Son of Beast isn't technically dismantled yet, that too.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
^Didn't that not used to pull really high G's when it was wet?
Yep, and even when it wasnt wet it did. Its built very similar to Mindbender at Galaxiland.
Alot of the traveling Schwarzkopf loopers pulled high g's. That's the wonder of Schwarzkopf.

cp23

Mega Poster
Space Invader 2 at Blackpool. Only made it to the Pleasure Beach for the first time this year so never got to go on this, and seeing the building still there at the park just added insult to injury.

The Gebirgsbahn at Phantasialand. Really regret not going on this the first time I went to Phantasialand, as it caught fire in 2001 and had to be removed. Not sure how good the ride itself was, but the theming looked amazing.

Thunder Looper at Alton Towers. It took me a while to conquer my fear of being turned upside down on a ride, and unfortunately when I finally did Thunder Looper had already left the park :-(

(And I know it's not a coaster, but I also regret never riding the Wicked Witch's Haunt at Thorpe)

cp23

Mega Poster
Inverse said:
cp23 said:
Space Invader 2 at Blackpool.

Should be up and running next season at Brean Leisure Park.

Yeah I read that, but it probably won't be enclosed, will it? It was the enclosed aspect of Space Invader that appealed to me the most.

A

Anonymous

jayjay said:
Not all of these were dismantled, but they were at least removed from the park.

Magnum Force and Bullet from Flamingoland
Black Hole from Alton Towers.

I came to post Bullet from Flamingoland.

The only time I ever went, and the ride was broken down. It was just as I was getting into roller coasters as well :(

Magnum force was great though.

Jer

Strata Poster
I cannot believe I forgot it after all this time, the Batman side of chiller, I mean it's been in my sig since they took it down, I'm really depressed I never got on the batman side :(

Brad said:
Jer said:
only Laser at Dorney
To be fair it's still running as a travelling Coaster and it's great

http://www.ridesdb.com/db/ride.php?ride_id=3951

5600_243068350318_752170318_8182737_838415_n.jpg

I knew that, but I'll never be able to get to Germany.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Cyclone looks insane! I so would though.

After hearing all the stories about Cyclone at Southport, I feel cheated that it was taken away in its prime. Wish I'd had the chance to try that, its not like the UK is bursting with woodies.

As for Margate's Scenic Railway...fingers crossed for next year!!!!!!!!

The coaster I really wish I'd got to ride though was Big Bad Wolf. Maybe it wasn't the most exhilarating ride but it was Vampire's big brother (and it was born in the same year as me so I feel a connection) :(

cp23

Mega Poster
Sue Shaw said:
C
As for Margate's Scenic Railway...fingers crossed for next year!!!!!!!!

Scenic Railway is great! Really quite excited about the plans for the Dreamland heritage park, hope it actually happens :) Will it be as early as next year, though?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Well according to the website:

'Works begin January 2010, due for completion Spring/Summer 2011' including the following plan to
'Rebuild Scenic Railway and build world’s first heritage amusement park, utilising rides already rescued from across the UK'

Maybe someone else knows if it's running to schedule. They were doing an open day last Friday, I don't know if anyone went along.

For more info visit:

http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailw ... ntpark.htm

http://www.savedreamland.co.uk/

Waffleman

Mega Poster
High roller at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.

Went when it was open but the ride was closed because of "technical problems" :( , it was what i was looking forward to more than anything else when we went, too. But oh well.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I was pissed that I missed that when I went. It was the only coaster in the park with full lines, so my uncle and aunt decided we should skip it. :(

mouse

Giga Poster
Son of beast with loop
corkscrew (alton towers)
Black hole
Thunder looper
BBW
Drachen fire