What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Nic

Strata Poster
Sorry to spam. There was a programme on several years ago which followed the building of 3 wooden coasters (I think it was The Voyage, Kentucky Rumbler and El Toro). Can anyone remember what it was called, or better still, find a link? I think it might've been from the series "Big, Bigger, Biggest", but I'm not sure, and google is failing me. (Yes, I've just re-read this whole topic and couldn't see a mention of it. Unless I'm being a total 'tard and missed it?)

walker1104

Mega Poster
Smithy said:
That worlds fastest Ferarri rollercoaster program.

Wednesday 6 April at 9:00PM - National Geographic Channel
Thursday 7 April at 12:00AM - National Geographic Channel
Friday 8 April at 3:00PM - National Geographic Channel

Bummer, I missed them. Don't suppose anyone happened to record them or anything did they?

EDIT: I've just discovered, its on again on Sunday 10th at 11:00AM.

sheepboy

Roller Poster
walker1104 said:
Smithy said:
That worlds fastest Ferarri rollercoaster program.

Wednesday 6 April at 9:00PM - National Geographic Channel
Thursday 7 April at 12:00AM - National Geographic Channel
Friday 8 April at 3:00PM - National Geographic Channel

Bummer, I missed them. Don't suppose anyone happened to record them or anything did they?

EDIT: I've just discovered, its on again on Sunday 10th at 11:00AM.

I missed that one, for anyone else that has missed it, it is being repeated Saturday 23rd April at 7:00PM (UK Time) on the National Geographic Channel.
:--D

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Nothing yet. Did I miss it already?
Don't really like watchdog. Makes me feel like I'm a 4 year old in the special class! If I ever meet those two cringeworthy blokes I'm gonna push that bloody bike over!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Ahh it was only on for a second. Not to bring it all up again, but I have more of a problem with the way they messed around with the ap charges than simply the fact that they just started changing. That wasn't mentioned at all. Ho hum...

pothuthic

Roller Poster
Scream if you know the Answer is so dodgy lol, Duncan is a crap host and The Format I dont like really.

But If they like it thats all that counts :p

Coaster_Dude

Roller Poster
I actually think Scream if You Know the Answer is a pretty good format. Nice and varied games, good pace and a half decent endgame. I am sick of that balloon popping game though.

jamesc

Roller Poster
Inside Universal Studios - Japan.

Tonight on Travel Channel - Sky Number 251. 9pm

Universal Studios in Osaka is a genuine American movie experience - Japanese style.

This one-hour special explores the park and all its attractions.

If I was too late posting this in time for you to Watch it, there is always Travel Channel +1 - Sky Number 252. 10pm

Enjoy!

jamesc

Roller Poster
Travel Channel - Tonight 9pm - Sky Channel Number 251.

Inside Walt Disney Studios - Paris.

Next door to Euro Disney in Paris there's a brand new theme park, Walt Disney Studios, which takes visitors back to the glory days of hollywood.

Sounds interesting for anyone who wishes to watch it.

Set your recorders even.

mouse

Giga Poster
pothuthic said:
Scream if you know the Answer is so dodgy lol, Duncan is a crap host and The Format I dont like really.

But If they like it thats all that counts :p
The new series is ten times better, what with all the new challenges, but the format for the first series seemed a bit pointless.

RCF

Strata Poster
Scream If You Know The Answer is making its way over to the USA hosted by Bert Kreischer from Bert the Conqueror. I'm actually kind of excited. Bert's an awesome host, very funny, very charismatic, so I think it'll be interesting to watch him seeing as he always acts terrified on coasters anyway

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19pXHN7oxw4&feature=feedlik[/youtube]

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
That looks like a decent show. Not to long ago Cartoon network had a show like that all in knotts berry farm.

davidm

Strata Poster
BBC4 right now (but might get a repeat or on iplayer) a history of fairgrounds. 19th/20th century etc.

iblamefish

Roller Poster
Just watched an hour long documentary on the making of Kentucky Rumbler, El Toro and The Voyage on Quest - might be repeated, look out for it. It was part of a series called 'Building the biggest'. This episode was predictably called 'rollercoasters'. I was made back in 2005 so it's a little out-of-date, and it is annoyingly inaccurate in places, but good fun and provides a good insight into how different the working styles of GCI, The Gravity Group and Intamin and their philosophies of wooden coasters.