What's new

Rita's Launch Cable Snaps

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
furie said:
It's a mess in Dark Forest now. Blue fencing all around the area and to get the 13 they're directing you through the arcade.

It's stupid, it really is. Everyone knows that the cables snap. Everyone knows that when they nap, they really go. They've obviously just realised a picnic area and path under the launch run is a bad idea. Surely it was always a bad idea? As an enthusiast, you kind of always think "they must have thought of this and the channel is capable of holding a snapped cable".

So, I can see some major changes to Dark Forest coming in the off season.
All the blue fencing has gone now though, as the ride is back open.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No. All the blue fencing is still in place and you cannot walk under Rita. To get on the rides, you have to go through the arcade, unless it has changed since 5:00 p.m. yesterday.

Hence why I posted what I did, but I'm happy for an update today.

bmac

Giga Poster
I think Alton can get away with keeping the walkway under Rita if they just make a giant concrete tunnel like what Top Thrill has:
TTDsign.gif

Martyn B

CF Legend
The cable didn't fall through the track, it went up, out and all over the place, so a concrete tunnel isn't going to cure much really.

Jake

Strata Poster
Pierre said:
They were holding people back and sending groups of people through in between launches.

They've always done this though?

The fast track queue merges with the main queue just before the queue goes under the launch track, so they take it in turns between letting groups of the normal queue through and fast track people.

Or do you mean further back in the queue? I haven't been for AGES btw.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, they're been doing that for a few years Jake, but it wasn't massively busy when Pierre went, so I don't know if they were doing it a little more extremely?

owenrita121 said:
You can just use the back way round where you end up by both enterance's.

Do you mean go right around the wall? If you're in Dark Forest and just come off Rita, the best way to get through to Thirteen's entrance is through the arcade of woe.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Well I thought it was for fastrack but nobody cut in there when I queued they came in the exit gate...

They were doing it to the point that when they let you through you were already on the stairs to the station... Don't know if they have normally done this past few years? They certainly didn't when I went last year?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I can't remember them doing it to that extent Pierre, I think there was still always a queue by the side.

Brookes

Giga Poster
It was definitely more extreme than normal; once we were let through we basically walked straight through to the station. It has never been like that before.

We found it quicker to go through where the old Ug Land entrance was if you aren't already in Dark Forest (turning left before you reach the arch).

Brookes

Giga Poster
Double post but kind of significant to the topic I guess. There is now a tunnel under the launch which you can walk through with vines on the walls. Only picture I've seen is on The Alton Towers Guide Facebook page, though I'm trying to find one to link to.