• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
The only sole purpose of Stealth is for a thrill ride, many teenagers in London couldn't give a if it's themed of not.

Exactly.

Its the same for all the other people who arent enthuiasts. They havent gone to complain about the theme, they've gone to ride Stealth and enjoyed it.

So... Thorpe are allowed to not theme something atall, but Alton aren't allowed to revitalise a dying area, nomatter how clashy the theme is?

That makes sense, doesn't it...

kir

Hyper Poster
You're right Jake. From that point of view you could also say that Rita is a great coaster, the GP love it, AT were clever to cram it in where they couldn't fit much else, it's not themed but that doesn't matter according to some because all that matters is the GP love it.

Yeah that's right, think from the GP's point of view, and we'll all be sorted for life.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I was basically saying other than enthuiasts I dont see anyone giving a **** about Stealth's theme, same with Rita's.

No need to be a dick and slate me for having an opinion. Oh dear, I just remebered, with Kir, Jake & Ben around your not allowed an opinion.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Alton towers has to account for the family. Alton towers must account for the children who the whole UG land theme is based on. Before Rita it had a lot of attractions for the family, so the Family needs to be entertained one way or another, otherwise the area would not appeal.

Alton towers has accounted for the family, Rita has it's own personality of UG land, and UG land has a nice family personality. It all matches in a ultimate feel. Who cares if it doesnt have matching theme, if it work it works. And that's why the GP love it.

Thorpe park is more flexible, teens can get there on there own by bus, and ride Stealth and the thrilling rides, and theming isn't essential. So the family aren't attracted to the area and go to another park like Chessington where theming is necessary. It's a obvious cheap short cut for Tussuad's.

I hope you catch what I mean.

kir

Hyper Poster
Oh dear Bicko, I have to totally disagree.

rita04_park.jpg

rita-queen-of-speed15.jpg

There we go, we have a coaster that obviously doesn't go above the treeline more than few feet. It fits snugly in that corner.

Considering Ugland is full of chalky and earthy colours, well I'm afraid the colour of Rita's track and supports also fit in again.

Now let's consider Stealth.

stealth29.jpg

Hmm... I wouldn't exactly call that inconspicuous and "fitting in".

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Exactly Stealth is meant to stand out. It is the ultimate beast of the theme park, Teen's love it, because it works for them, if it stands out as a tall fast thrilling ride then it would add to there experience of thrill.

Alton towers can not make it stand out too much or it will make the area less appealing to the family.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Rita doesnt fit into Ugland surroundings. What on earth does a racing themed coaster have to do with Ugland? Nothing at all.

Stealth looks better in its location than what Rita does IMO.

I am not going to argue about it all night, I've got my opinion and you disagree, neither of us are going to change our opinions because of what were both posting.

So I'll leave you to continue bashing Stealth for the sake of it, cant be bothered to keep saying the same things over and over.

Ben

CF Legend
What does a race have to do with a Tidal Wave every minute?

Launch coasters can not be themed well, look at Velocity Stealth TTD. But Alton had the chance of landscaping it and used it very well.

Then you look at Mummy, Hulk, Rock N Rollercoaster, IJST....

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
So I'll leave you to continue bashing Stealth for the sake of it, cant be bothered to keep saying the same things over and over

Oh, and you'd never dream of bashing Rita for the sake of it, that would be preposterous...

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Jake

Strata Poster
Funny that, I recall you doing so at every possible oppertunity.

Not that it directly bothers me, it just irritates me when people are hypocritical.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Why am I being hypocritical? Yes I'll admit to the fact I'll complain about Rita's crapness, but its not over the top like your Stealth bashing.

Ben

CF Legend
You go on about how crap Rita is in this topic as much as we go on about how bad Stealth is.

You then bash us for it.

You are therefore a hypocrite.

V No, I slate Stealth because it's a god awful hunk of crap. If I was so in love with Rita would there be coasters I prefer to her? Didn't think so...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Jake said:
Not that it directly bothers me, it just irritates me when people are hypocritical.

Same here, its annoying that Ben feels the need to slate Stealth to death because he's in love with Rita and its also happening with Bicko-Rita.

There is a reason that the poll is very close, they're both average rides, neither of them are bad, but then neither of them are 'spectacular'.

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
Why am I being hypocritical?

We bash Stealth just like you bash Rita, thats what your brain can't seem to grasp.

You're being hypocritical for moaning about our Stealth bashing, when you do the exact same to Rita.

Visit www.dictionary.com for more fabulous information...

Scott88

Hyper Poster
You're being hypocritical for moaning about my Stealth bashing, when you do the exact same to Rita.

As stated I'll bash Rita, mainly because I think its crap. I dont go on about it all the time though like yourself with Stealth.

kir

Hyper Poster
I actually see you moaning about Rita whenever the chance arises.

Sixth Can'tspell said:
Alton towers can not make it stand out too much or it will make the area less appealing to the family.

Oh really? So the fact that they can't build above tree height didn't come into it?

Both Stealth and Rita have nothing to do with the lands they were placed in. A racing ride placed in a tidal wave hit town, and a racing ride placed in a prehistoric land.

At least Rita - Queen of Speed connotes what the ride is about. Stealth certainly isn't stealth, nothing about the ride or it's atmosphere or it's soundtrack or it's layout suggests anything to do with Stealth. It's just there.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
But the GP see these two rides as Spectacular.

- England's 2nd tallest and fastest roller coaster (remembering that most of the south have no knowledge what-so-ever about Blackpool)

- A great launch into the woods with an excellent terrain use. It raps around the path very well.

Oh really? So the fact that they can't build above tree height didn't come into it?

I can certainly say there is a wider variety of people who ride Rita than stealth, this is because it is less ferocious, Rita, could easily be a extreme ride and have big underground dips and bigger launches.

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
You're being hypocritical for moaning about my Stealth bashing, when you do the exact same to Rita.

As stated I'll bash Rita, mainly because I think its crap. I dont go on about it all the time though like yourself with Stealth.

Thats a pathetic argument.

It's about on par with "he started it!" and "but you did more than me, therefore I didn't do it atall!"