R or S?

• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Stealth can be summed up in five smilies. And that's including one for both before and after. So it does three smilies worth of ride. Four at a push with the airtimeless hill. That's nothing. Rita would have launch, first turn, hill, turn, hill, turn, hill and pop into brakes. So... 8? 8 is more then 3 :p.

By using that rather unconventional rating method id say Rita has 1 smilie:Launch :D which was great and then that was it. Id say Stealth would have 2-3 smilies: aunch :D on top of the tophat :D , and the drop :D. Maybe even four if their was some airtime before the brakes.

In my opinion Rita: 1 Stealth: 3

3 is bigger than 1, Stealth wins.

Ben

CF Legend
Did you read what I wrote?

Launch.
First Turn.
First actually-with-airtime Hill.
Second Turn.
Second actually-with-airtime Hill.
Third Turn.
Third actually-with-airtime Hill.
Pop of Airtime into brakes.

8 > 3. Maths lesson over.

Snoo

The Legend
Well, I haven't ridden either, so just looking at what I can see... Rita wins. I've already ridden double the height and 40mph faster of Stelf.. and Rita is an imaginative use of the area, and a rather unique ride. Having ridden plenty of launchers before (not just accelerators), I'd need something a little different, not a half-pint clone. Go Rita!

And, if you don't like it... refer to Sam's reference towards Stealth for my answer ;)

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
SnooSnoo said:
and Rita is an imaginative use of the area

Rita...Imaginative ? :p Rita is just as unimaginative as Stealth but the only reason rita does not get stick is because it is not a clone. But just because its not a clone does not makes its layout or area imaginative. Ritas layout to be honest is pretty crappy, it just seems (same with stealth) that no real effort was put into it. Both Rita and Stealth are as bad as each other if you ask me and after riding them numouros times now I find them both dull.

Snoo

The Legend
Hmm.. lets compare shall we? Stealth = KK minus 200ft, Rita.... like no other layout before it, or since. Hmm.. pretty imaginative to me. Yeah, the layout might not be spectacular, but with the restraints of AT, its pretty good.

Now, don't go into thinking I think these rides will be good. I haven't ridden them and neither of them will probebly break the top 10 when I do ride them I'm just simply comparing them to EACH OTHER, like the poll was ment to. Which, again, I must say, Rita wins.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Hmm.. lets compare shall we? Stealth = KK minus 200ft, Rita.... like no other layout before it, or since. Hmm.. pretty imaginative to me. Yeah, the layout might not be spectacular, but with the restraints of AT, its pretty good.

Forget the comparing rubbish and just look at Rita, its a figure 8 layout. Does not exactly scream imagination. Stealth and Rita have the two laziest layouts in the history of UK coasters. They both should of had more thought and planning put into them. But Tussauds would never of done that as it costs money. :p

Just because a ride is not a clone does not make it imaginative. Rita could well of been an off the shelf design (which I beleive it might of been) so that would make it just as bad as Stealth. If you was to look at Rita and not compare it to Stealth its a pretty poor coaster and the same goes for Stealth.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm still stuck on this one.

After riding Stealth a few times on Sunday, I've gotten kind of fond of it, even though I really don't want to.

I actually got airtime on the top hat in the front seat, and for the first time I got airtime on the airtime hill, in the back seat.

Stealth really is a buzz, but it lacks imagination, but I think its Stealth's speed which makes it really good, if it had the same launch speed as Rita and the tophat was smaller etc, Rita would definetly win, but Stealth is so fast.

Rita isn't a buzz, although her trains are uber sexy;), the ride is all about speed, although its not as fast as Stealth, its still a fast paced ride which is what I normally judge coasters on, speed, not airtime like everyone else seems to do.

I've been posted a few times in this topic, but I still haven't voted, I really can't decide.

Ben

CF Legend
Stealth = KK minus 200ft

Minus 250 actually :p.

Stealth is the least imaginitive coaster ever built, Rita's not the most imaginative coaster, but what coasters are there that you can't say "Seen that, that, that, that, that, that and THAT".

Snoo

The Legend
Forget the comparing rubbish and just look at Rita, its a figure 8 layout. Does not exactly scream imagination. Stealth and Rita have the two laziest layouts in the history of UK coasters. They both should of had more thought and planning put into them. But Tussauds would never of done that as it costs money.

Just because a ride is not a clone does not make it imaginative. Rita could well of been an off the shelf design (which I beleive it might of been) so that would make it just as bad as Stealth. If you was to look at Rita and not compare it to Stealth its a pretty poor coaster and the same goes for Stealth.

When looking in terms of layout, for an accelerator, its imaginative. Yeah, hundreds of coasters have had Figure-8 layouts... its not something new, but when you put it into the compact, speed layout of Rita, it does infact make it unique IMO. Considering the restrictions once again... at AT, there isn't much you can do, and I think they made what they could, with what they could work with.. and what you said, what Tussauds is willing to pay for.

And.. if it is an 'off the shelf design' as you said, how come we haven't seen a clone of Rita? Fact of the matter is, Rita is the one, the only design of that type.. and might just be the only design of that type ever.

And again, I'm not saying they are good rides, more so because I have a.. how should I say.. "bigger" ride selection (not in count, in height.. speed.. length.. ect.).. so naturally i'm going to think they aren't going to be TOO good... but once again, i'm just comparing the two.

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
And.. if it is an 'off the shelf design' as you said, how come we haven't seen a clone of Rita? Fact of the matter is, Rita is the one, the only design of that type.. and might just be the only design of that type ever.

SnooSnoo, we haven't seen another Rita because it is crap and other parks think actually think about their acclerators layout and do not waste their money on a below average ride. And anyway about the fact it is compact adding to the ride, the first turn is so long that it extinguishes speed and g forces.

joe

Mega Poster
Rich Bacon said:
SnooSnoo, we haven't seen another Rita because it is crap and other parks think actually think about their acclerators layout and do not waste their money on a below average ride.
Ahhh not true!

There is a rumour that Heide Park were looking at a Rita clone. This is a good move. Desert Race will be the only Accelerator in Germany, and thats good for pulling in the GP. The GP will think 'Ahh! A launch coaster, lets ride it!', so what if the layout isn't as good as others, it has a launch and the ride keeps its pace (unlike Accelerators with Tophats). The launch is a good gimmick, and it will bring in the money.

Snoo

The Legend
Rich Bacon said:
Rita because it is crap and other parks think actually think about their acclerators layout

So... Thorpe must have some real thinkers when they came up with Stealth. ;)

But, the fact of the matter is.. both rides are crap, but one is less crap then the other. And, for the 3rd time in a row... Rita wins (or is less crap then Stelf :lol:

Some dude with a f-ed up name said:
Snoo there is a Rita clone planned for Heide Park....

From a parks point of view and a GP point of view the Stealth layout seems more appealing to them. Although some members of the GP may prefer the Rita layout.

Wasn't aware of that, thanks tho. I guess Rita isn't so bad if they copied it ;)

And you have to remember... we aren't the general public, we are the messed up crazy bastards who pay for a pass to get in 400 times a season (which would include me) so our opinions will differ immensely.

Another thing too... this poll is personal opinion, not what a bunch of tourists think.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
I would just like to point this out, people say Stealth copied KK etc but the truth is Stealth was put into planning before they even knew about KK and Intamin cannot give out information on other coasters they are building for parks.

So thorpe had no idea Zaturn or KK where ever going to be built so they did not know Stealth was going to be a clone and I dont think they really care much anyway.

So dont think Thorpe just went "Oh look KK lets shrink it down and build that" they researched into it and picked a layout and it was just unlucky other rides were planned with the same layout.

Also Snoo there is a Rita clone planned for 2007....

PS: Both rides are rubbish but I think the choice of building Stealth was a good one for Thorpe (even though the ride is crap) and Rita was a wrong decision, Rita just does not fit in at AT same as SW.

Edit: Snoo I love my name on your quote.... :p

Leighton

Mega Poster
dc006f5086 said:
Stealth's layout
:lol:

I have to agree with Snoo, they are both boring rides, but Rita does have a slight edge over stealth, as it has a bit more too it.

Stealth is unimaginative from the launch to the brakes, the top hat is pointless and boring, the 'airtime' hill on stealth has no airtime, should I continue.........?

Snoo

The Legend
dc006f5086 said:
I would just like to point this out, people say Stealth copied KK etc but the truth is Stealth was put into planning before they even knew about KK and Intamin cannot give out information on other coasters they are building for parks.

So thorpe had no idea Zaturn or KK where ever going to be built so they did not know Stealth was going to be a clone and I dont think they really care much anyway.

So dont think Thorpe just went "Oh look KK lets shrink it down and build that" they researched into it and picked a layout and it was just unlucky other rides were planned with the same layout.

Also Snoo there is a Rita clone planned for 2007....

Ahh.. very true.. but 2 key things are missing..

1: TTD was already built, which is the same thing, without a hill.
2: This is the same builder/designer. If 2 parks have the same thing in mind, why not just give them both the same design?

Think in the brain of a designer (Stengel)... your already sent in your plans for KK, and 2 parks are asking for something like TTD, but smaller... so why not just make KK.. smaller? Ahh, saves time doesnt it??

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Ahh.. very true.. but 2 key things are missing..

1: TTD was already built, which is the same thing, without a hill.
2: This is the same builder/designer. If 2 parks have the same thing in mind, why not just give them both the same design?

Think in the brain of a designer (Stengel)... your already sent in your plans for KK, and 2 parks are asking for something like TTD, but smaller... so why not just make KK.. smaller? Ahh, saves time doesnt it??

But thats not Thorpes decision, sure Stengal knew about KK and thought let me make it smaller but I dont think Thorpe knew KK was being built and when Stengal showed them the plans to Stealth they obviously agreed to it not knowing about KK although Stengal did.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ok whats with all this Rita clone talk, according to RCBD its 6ft smaller than RQoS, 1mph faster than RQoS, but the big fact is its twice the duration, its nearlly 50 seconds, that doesn't sound like a clone to me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just a quick reminder that this topic was put up to compare Rita and Stealth, not Stealth, TTD, KK and Zaturn. Those topics exist and have been posted to death already.

I haven't ridden either, but have to say I would prefer to ride Rita if given the choice. It just seems to have more interaction with its surroundings, which always interests me more than a coaster just "plonked" in any available space.