What's new

Rides considered good that you don’t like

Alex B

Mega Poster
Whether your hopes were to high or it was just way overrated some rides just don’t live up to the hype tell us some in the comments

Alex B

Mega Poster
Sucks that six flags changed it and it was world class as bizzaro but now it’s cheeks and u may as well marathon wicked cyclone

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd definitely nominate Manta at SeaWorld Orlando for this category. I don't dislike it; it's a good ride, but I can't seem to muster up as much love for it as some simply because the layout seemed less interesting than Galactica's, I wasn't a fan of the pretzel loop and I oddly found it quite rattly.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The wooden coasters at Kennywood are the main ones that stick out for me. Sure they have unique layouts, and Jack Rabbit has that one incredible airtime pop, but they're just so bland, forceless, and poorly-paced that I don't see anything special about them. Doesn't help that they're always taking forever on dispatches, usually with one train.

James F

Hyper Poster
Not so much didn't like, but I thought Balder was really overrated and not very intense or thrilling, the night ride at the front definitely improved my view of it though.

Was disappointed in Expedition Everest, but I think that was my fault for over hyping it in my head.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

WillsThrills

Roller Poster
The Smiler.
All of my friends and a lot of other enthusiasts I speak to love it. I think it's rough and jolty, and I've yet to have a smooth ride on it. I just find it a bit, meh. Even on a quiet day with a walk on queue I'll tend to skip it

Pear

Strata Poster
Definitely not a big fan of Maverick at CP. It's a very fun and unique ride but it just doesn't do much for me. Every time after I get off I just think "meh". I really don't know what others see in this ride to rank it so highly (some even over SV!)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Superman @ SFNE - Expected world class, got big purple monorail.
Balder - Didn't get the hype at all.
Banshee - Not a fan, very positive heavy, although the front was slightly better.
Shambhala - Was running really slowly when we visited, not at all what everyone crows about.
Troy - Decent but near the bottom of my GCI list, some rank it top.

Might be scraping the barrel with the last one :oops:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Superman @ SFNE - Expected world class, got big purple monorail.
Shambhala - Was running really slowly when we visited, not at all what everyone crows about.
Ah yes, these two for sure.

I'd like to try both again, really, as the former was ridden when I was still fairly new to this (2010, just over 100 creds), and the latter was in terrible conditions for a B&M (****ing freezing), but they were both extremely disappointing compared to what I was expecting/hoping.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ah yes, these two for sure.

I'd like to try both again, really, as the former was ridden when I was still fairly new to this (2010, just over 100 creds), and the latter was in terrible conditions for a B&M :)emoji_zipper_mouth:ing freezing), but they were both extremely disappointing compared to what I was expecting/hoping.
Funny thing is I know that both would run better in the summer, for sure.

I'm reminded of our ride on Baco now, that was absolutely disgusting, why did I do that? What a knob.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Maverick didn't really pump my nads to be fair. It kinda reminded me of a glorified Rita. In fact, if I was to rank the Cedar Point coasters alone, Maverick would probably come in 6th or 7th. Meh.
Blackpool's Wild Mouse. Hated the bloody thing. Don't miss it one little bit. And while we're at it, I wouldn't shed a tear if Nash and Dipper went the same way.
Oziris. Generally quite highly rated, but... meh.
Karnan. Well loved among CFers, but waaaaay too much faff for my liking. Got bored on the lift hill. Lost interest.
I305. Expected so much more from this bad boy but... meh.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Unfortunately, Magnum XL-200 slumped into this category and beyond for me. It’s my 2nd least favorite coaster, whereas I expected this coaster to be genuinely good (or even great) with an anticipation of some painful transitions (but nothing as painful as to what I actually experienced). As Magnum XL-200 was the first full-circuit hyper coaster, I wish I could praise it in more ways than just the great setting; what I found to be the only positive aspect of this otherwise abysmal ride.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
First few I can think of:

Superman The Ride, SFNE - Bring back T-bar trains and I'll bring my arse back to SFNE.
Phantom's Revenge - The yawn I expected it to be. Couple good pops of airtime but it's whatever.
Iron Rattler - Average at best. How some people view this as a top RMC is beyond me.
Boulder Dash - Just don't get the hype for it. Pretty fast and long but not a lot of memorable airtime.
Balder - Good/great airtime, but those slow turns every 8 seconds just murder that ride IMO. Just a bit faster and I wouldn't mind it as much.