What's new

Ride Related Dreams You've Had

TheKoasterKing

Roller Poster
I had a dream where Stealth at Thorpe Park had been blown over in a storm and coaster enthusiasts were allowed to inspect the site to take any old bits off the coaster they wanted that Merlin didn't want anymore (to keep as memories of the ride). I took the headlights off the front of the train and kept them xD My friend took some of the launching system under the tracks, but it didn't fit in the car so we had to leave it behind. :)

TheKoasterKing

Roller Poster
I also had a dream where a new coaster had opened at Blackpool PB to replace 'The Big One' and was a lucky winner of some competition to get a ticket to be the first of the public to ride the new ride - just me on my own. I traveled there on the Pleasure Beach Express. I got on the new ride but it stopped at the top of the chain lift, and I was sat their for minutes wondering what was going on. I was cold with all the wind up that high and it started snowing, and then I woke up lol

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I had one last night where Icon at BPB was built by Maurer and it only had 8 riders per train, each with 2 cars arranged in 2 rows of 2. And I dreamt Amanda Thompson was my Grandma. Very strange.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Quite a while ago, I had a dream where I was going to get on Twisted Colussus (Except not) but instead I flew to an empty seat on the blue (?) side and it was weird. I was obsessed with TC then for some reason.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
A couple recently.

Thorpe Park had a 300 foot drop water ride. It was literally a rubber dinghy that was shoved onto a near-vertical water slide and landed in a pool at the bottom.

Llandudno Pier had an Arrow/Vekoma style looper/corkscrew winding around and under the whole thing.

I might start a Change.org petition to get them built.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
I dreamed the other night that I was going on The Smiler, but the queue was like the weird 3D colourful dark ride at Hard Rock Park where you wear those glasses in the queue (not sure what it was called, but I remember reading about it in a Theme Park University series about Hard Rock Park. Yeah, so then after the queue, I was allocated the back row. Then, the ride was dispatched, and that's where I woke up.

Another dream I once had is that I was in a theme park with a Chinese-themed rapids ride. I don't know which one, but it was definitely a theme park. So, we were stood by this Chinese rapids ride and my Dad suddenly said to me "Let's see if you can fly, Matt." So he then proceeded to chuck me over the ride area fence to see if I could fly. Alas, I couldn't fly, and as I was about to land in some water, I woke up.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I had a very vivid one last night and I thought it would be worth sharing on here.

There was a huge theme park under construction, somewhere near Chester, England. I think it was intended to be one of the best theme parks in the world. I distinctly remember 5 coasters, 4 B&Ms and a GG woodie. The B&Ms were a front gate wing, a flyer, hyper and giga, all of which would be the best ever built. The weird thing I remember is that the hyper coaster had a drop that looked exactly like what you would have on a B&M giga, and the actual giga coaster had a drop that looked very similar in shape to Nitro at Adlabs Imagica. The GG woodie was on a scale very similar to Mine Blower, but it contained a vertical loop, with an L-shaped layout. The park was also being built next to an enormous lake that most definitely doesn't exist in real life. The park was also fairly compact, with the rides close together, but the park was huge. Think Cedar Point combined with Thorpe Park.

Such a totally random dream but it was awesome.

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I had a very vivid one last night and I thought it would be worth sharing on here.

There was a huge theme park under construction, somewhere near Chester, England. I think it was intended to be one of the best theme parks in the world. I distinctly remember 5 coasters, 4 B&Ms and a GG woodie. The B&Ms were a front gate wing, a flyer, hyper and giga, all of which would be the best ever built. The weird thing I remember is that the hyper coaster had a drop that looked exactly like what you would have on a B&M giga, and the actual giga coaster had a drop that looked very similar in shape to Nitro at Adlabs Imagica. The GG woodie was on a scale very similar to Mine Blower, but it contained a vertical loop, with an L-shaped layout. The park was also being built next to an enormous lake that most definitely doesn't exist in real life. The park was also fairly compact, with the rides close together, but the park was huge. Think Cedar Point combined with Thorpe Park.

Such a totally random dream but it was awesome.

If only that were true. All that within an hour of my house!

Dreamt the other night I was at Towers and they'd taken the chance during lockdown to "complete" the theming around Wickerman. Rather than more of the current theming style, they'd added a lot more greenery and natural rockwork, leaving the ride with a similar aesthetic as Wildfire at Kolmarden. After my ride, I noted Mine Train and the rapids had both been rethemed to this new area including Wickerman. After shortcutting across a non-existant field to the rapids, the station had turned into a massive castle facade. Never got to enter to see indoor theming (or Mine trains new theme) before I woke...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I had a dream a couple of nights ago that Phantasialand had pushed back their opening from 29th May to 31st May, and everyone was livid. Like absolute universal uproar across social media and all the forums.

My dreams clearly aren't that exciting...

toofpikk

Mega Poster
used to have horrible half consciousness moments throughout my sleep during my first couple seasons as an attendant - would dream there was a queue of people going through my bedroom from my door to round past my head on my bed, and I would be checking bars from laying in my bed. Distinctly remember the frustration and confusion of this line of people staring at me in my bed as I continuously rapidly did my checks. Very odd.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I reckon posting in this thread yesterday must have planted a seed or something cos last night I dreamt I was back at school, most of you guys were there, but for some reason I was wearing a dressing gown and slippers from the Europa Park spa. My reason being... get this... was that my Glenwood Caverns T shirt was in the wash and this was the only decent merch I had available.

Go ahead... analyse that! ?

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's not uncommon I have the good ol' theme park dream. Most of the time it's just a typical visit and riding some stuff, but there are two dreams that have stood out:

I had a pretty wild dream over a decade ago (yes, I remember it very well) where I was loading onto an S&S shot tower. However, they sent it off before I even sat down, but I had grabbed ahold of the restraint so I was yanked upward, dangling from the ride. I lost my grip at the top, but the momentum I gained from the ride kept skyrocketing me upwards. Eventually I started to plummet to the ground, but the freaky thing was that the entire time I was viewing myself in the third person, so I watched myself go splat!

Another one I had more recently involved CP's solution to fixing Dragster (as you know had lots of downtime last year). So they ended up sending you through the layout in the opposite direction (so you go up the 270 vertical roll). The brake run we all know was replaced by an LSM launch, and the hydraulic launch section already had the magnetic brakes anyway, so boom, problem solved lol.