What's new

Relocated London Dungeons at County Hall

Ethan

Strata Poster
In that video at 2:38 it sounds like The Swarm sound effect played at the park!!

And yeah that didn't look very good at all, very tacky!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I liked Vengeance! Best ride in the Dungeons IMO. It's newish as well so I don't know why they're getting rid of it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
Well, it's certainly the public at fault for not liking Sub-Terra, not the complete botch job they made of it
I didn't mean it like that at all, Hex is the same. I don't think it would matter if it was the best dark ride in the world (which it won't be), people would still be far, far less impressed than they would be with a thrill ride. And I think, since most of Thorpe's audience won't have ever ridden a decent dark ride, getting them on it to begin would be a struggle.

Okay, it came across like they had offered the public a turd sandwich and then assumed that the general public didn't like sandwiches of any kind and were idiots for not liking a filling between bits of bread :p

What you're actually saying is that nobody has had a sandwich, and that the turd sandwich hasn't made them want to try any other filling; sandwiches = turd flavoured :)

Hex always has at least a decent number on each ride. I think the ride holds 100 people and it's usually (even on quiet days) about half full. People ride it and like it - mostly. It's not for Thorpe's demographic, but meh. I think Tomb Blaster always does quite well too, and that horrid shooting thing at Legoland. Again, much younger demographic though - so I do see your point in regards to Thorpe.

Joey said:
And of course, you're point is irrelevant really, since what's the chance of a dark ride for Thorpe being of a standard above Sub Terra?

Ah, yes, erm... I'll get my coat :lol:

peep

CF Legend
OMFG. We're all clearly missing the main point here. Brian Blessed is playing King Henry VIII for the water ride attraction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This news fills me with happiness. Exited now :D

nadroJ

CF Legend
Haha I noticed that too lol! I'm really excited for this actually. I think it'll miss some of the effect of the gloomy streets of London Bridge as you go in, but once inside I think this will be better. Hope they keep it nice and dark ;]

sparky2u

Mega Poster
It's great news the Dungeon is finally moving as it was getting squashed for space under the arches at London Bridge. Can't wait for March & try out the new site.

Ollie

CF Legend
^The attraction that's under the actual bridge arches isn't the London Dungeons. It's the London Bridge Experience/London Tombs.
London Dungeons is under the train bridge.

Anyway they've posted some concept art on their Facebook page. :) Looks like the boat ride is going to be more interactive.

New entrance.
486268_523778527633802_1398833585_n.jpg

Interactive internal queue.
31006_523778464300475_1775048455_n.jpg

All new boat ride.
46402_523778427633812_1448482076_n.jpg

They've also got a new logo.
293789_523794344298887_1578024726_n.png

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiVvJLEnX38&sns=em[/youtube]

Love it, absolutely love it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Thought I'd post some of the floors plans for those who have only just heard of the move.

This is the main floor floor plan with the entrance and exit on the right hand side.
83212102.png

11768679.png

The next floor.
47857441.png

50380831.png

The final floor.
30304642.png

38836965.png

Extremis now drops the whole three floors and it looks like it'll be top loaded as well.

Lofty

CF Legend
Im rather excited for this.
I hope they use an actual scene for Guy Fawkes and not what the York Dungeons do. That scene is utter dire.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Sorry if you don't mind me asking. I know Vengance won't be relocated to the new dungeon however will the ride system remain in the Uk and be used in a park nearby or shipped off completly to another country?

Idlewild

Mega Poster
It seems like the ride has suffered major technical problems, there was a rumour that it would be relocated to Thorpe but that seems to have died.

The ride apparently had major downtime over the summer. I've heard that Merlin refuses to deal with the manufacturer anymore.

Lofty

CF Legend
Idlewild said:
The ride apparently had major downtime over the summer. I've heard that Merlin refuses to deal with the manufacturer anymore.
This isn't true. Merlin still deal with Alterface, they've not refused anything.

There's rumours that it may actually transfer to another Dungeons attraction, which makes sense. London's is actually the busiest attraction and having a section with major downtime is not good (look at boat ride too), it doesn't really affect the smaller attractions by having one section not working, but the larger ones suffer bottlenecks in other scenes if one is inactive.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I was just going to ask which dungeons don't have one yet? To me it would make sense to ship it there, space permitting obviously.

marc

CF Legend
This was a chance to start again not just move old stuff. We went 2 years ago and I thought it was worse than when I went when I was 13!

It will do even better at its new location though.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, they have an event until January 31st. So I'd actually say they're only down for Feb then they open again at the new location.