What's new

RCT3|portemine's Basic Coaster Contest - results ! (21 Oct)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: portemine's Basic Coaster Contest !

I too made a Wing Coaster and you can check out my creations thread for reference :)

BBH

Giga Poster

Either a hyper-twister or a floorless, then. :lol:

scw55

Hyper Poster

I just need to have a window of time and a window of patience to record a PoV.
And screenshots.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Hey port, how do you make an overbanked turn with the Arrow set I showed you? I don't see a logical way to do it with the given pieces.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Got my POV recorded and now going through the tedious process of publishing and uploading, so it will be posted tomorrow.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I hope you'll appreciate my creative use of supports :S
I think it shows how much I hate custom supports :>

BBH

Giga Poster

Will begin designing this morning, building and recording this afternoon, editing tomorrow, so we should expect a video up by Wednesday from me.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Introducing Stinger

Shot0097.jpg

Shot0096.jpg

This Vekoma SLC Custom Layout, is constructed in my project park Pentney Lakes, standing at 91ft tall, with 5 inversions, a vertical loop, cobra roll, corkscrew and an inline twist.
This generic ride offers a compact layout with tight high speed transitions resulting in a tense ride experience.

Shot0079.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76Q1SgBSKA[/youtube]

Please not I messed up the POV slightly I allowed my comp to go to sleep mode whilst recording and hence there's one or two small jolty points, I intend to re-do it at some point, but I`ll do it sooner if it will effect my score.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Can I ask about the No Terraforming rule?

Is it fine that the ride is built somewhere that happened to have been terra-formed into a landscape without any consideration of a Coaster being there and:
Is it fine that I terraformed because the Coaster Cars kept submerging themselves through the ground due to clipping issues?

And No Scenery covers plants?

BBH

Giga Poster

No terraforming? Then this will look fuuuuugly, but, coming soon,

HhijI.png

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I think that clipping would be an excuse to terraform. No scenery, IMO, means no themeing.

BBH

Giga Poster

gopats1479 said:
I think that clipping would be an excuse to terraform. No scenery, IMO, means no themeing.
Thanks for bringing this up.

First off, does the No Terraforming rule mean no texturing? Because that's kind of my forte.

Second of all, you say that no CS is allowed, yet you bring us to a link with a station full of it. Is it allowed for the station?

Lastly, my coaster will have zero theme aside from some trees, is this OK?

gopats1479

Mega Poster

I have had to scrap my old layout for a new one because I like making Arrow coasters with overbanked turns, which is something that my Arrow CS pack cannot support. The new layout is better and more visually pleasing, and it only took me five minutes to make. Just have to import into the game and support. Oh, and figure out a name...

BBH

Giga Poster

I'll be doing some tree, queue and station work, the queue and station stuff is new to me, though, I usually do terraforming instead.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Sorry port, but I'm afraid I'll have to drop out of this. I have gotten swamped with schoolwork for this weekend and haven't been able to get far enough along in the coaster to be able to film it tomorrow. Plus, we have a school dance tomorrow night that I am going to. Long story short, I'm disappointed to not be able to do this. I'm looking forward to the remaining entries. Until next time.

BBH

Giga Poster

Had to redo my design so I went from a B&M Giga to an Intamin Mega-Lite.

Hopefully will be posted within the hour.

BBH

Giga Poster

Also, keep in mind this is my first coaster contest and thus the first time I've used Steelworx on a large scale, so I decided not to do a legit uber-realistic station, instead to throw something together using the Colored Walls set, which looks very nice in my opinion. My other stations, when terraforming is allowed, will be much more elaborate and placed so that the entrance and exit are at the most realistic points possible.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Glad to see people beginning to show their entries.

scw55 Well, is there any way to fix your terraforming issue ? I'd maybe count a small penalty for a small terraforming.