What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

Louis!

Mega Poster
danthecoasterman said:
Pineapple said:
Custom Paths?

It seems a lot of parks have custom paths now. Or is it just me being daft?

Could someone perhaps link me to them?

Yes. Its custom scenery, I use it quite alot. The set I use is something like Accena's Path something or other.

Yeah I found it. It's Aceana's something or other. They're not as good as I thought they would be so I guess my RCT3 Project will be done in RCT2 instead.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Alright, a different sort of question, more of a hardware related one.

RCT3 has installed successfully into Vista, however, the game will not boot up. What gives?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well, apparently RCT3 will work on Vista, so it's not that. Have you got all the patches installed, and what graphics card do you have?

It may also be worth dropping an email to Atari Tech Support. They'll ask for a system check off you and may be able to help.

It could be because there are driver issues or something. Vista is still a little too young to be 100% ready for everything.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Well Senor Furie, I have been buggering around Atari's forum for the Vista problem.

My thread: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=590706
The sticky at Atari's forums: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=556084

Even though my computer is an HP (and better built than a Dell :p ), I am trying the Dual Core/Runtime fix (since my processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+).
I tried the first solution, which was to rename the original RCT3.exe to RCT3.old and paste in the new RCT3.exe file. I tried the new RCT3.exe file and the game almost ran until this fine piece of Window's technology popped up:
rct3problemjv5.jpg

So, am I screwed?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
This may help
Atari Forums said:
I right clicked the original .exe and properties and checked compatibility mode and ran it under win98 and the game came right on and ran fine.

and this

Atari Forums said:
I was having this same problem. I wound up having to right click on the icon and use "Run as Administrator" in order for it to function properly.

It's certainly worth a try. I'd try putting your original file back too as I suspect that the fixed one is purely for Intel CPU's.

I'd also make sure you have all the latest drivers for your PC too. Even a brand new PC can come with drivers two or three versions out of date. Each new set of drivers will bring you closer to compatibility. This is especially important with graphics card drivers, which may explain why your XP dual boot system didn't work properly.

It's all worth a shot :)

Homer

Hyper Poster
^I tried the "Boot in Win XP-SP2" mode but not in Win98 or doing the "Run as Admin" thing.

Trying that right now!

[EDIT- Thanks Master F! Why didn't I think of "Run as Admin" before!? :D ]

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
In custom scenario mode can you cycle between night and day? i know you can in sandbox but i an't seem to do it in custom scenario mode.

Also where is the best place to get numerous different custom scenery packs.

And finally how do i put the downloaded custom scenery packs onto the game.

Thanks
UncleArly

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^
In custom scenario mode can you cycle between night and day? i know you can in sandbox but i an't seem to do it in custom scenario mode.
Same as in sandbox, click the day/night symbol

Also where is the best place to get numerous different custom scenery packs.
Atari forums... linky: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/fo ... .php?f=315

And finally how do i put the downloaded custom scenery packs onto the game.
When downloaded as the zip file, put the whole file into the C:/Program Files/Atari/RCT3/Themed/Style folder...

There we go.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
sorry for double posting but i need some more help, how do you put a downloaded park into RCT3 as i have many downloaded but do not know how to add them ito game!

Tony

Hyper Poster
I only started playing RCT3 again and the water (lakes) seem to be invisible, I know it's there because you can see some bubbles. It used to be fine. How do I get it back to be seen because it's really annoying me?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Hmm never actually had this problem, but I'm pretty sure you got to faff around on the options, in game.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
UncleArly said:
sorry for double posting but i need some more help, how do you put a downloaded park into RCT3 as i have many downloaded but do not know how to add them ito game!

Sorry for the delay :oops:

You need to copy them into the RCT3 folder in My Documents. In there, you'll see a "Start New Scenarios" folder. If you open in Scenario editor mode, then you can load the parks using the load option :)

Tony said:
I only started playing RCT3 again and the water (lakes) seem to be invisible, I know it's there because you can see some bubbles. It used to be fine. How do I get it back to be seen because it's really annoying me?

It'll be one of the view options. You need ot click the glasses on the side menu on the left and go through making sure that water is on :)

Tony

Hyper Poster
It'll be one of the view options. You need ot click the glasses on the side menu on the left and go through making sure that water is on

I tried that but there is no button for water.

Tony

Hyper Poster
It is a problem with the game, it used to work because I had Soaked before (now it does'nt work :( ), I had to install some thing from some website and now it works.

A

Anonymous

There is a glitch in rct3 i need help

ok im trying to make deja vu and after the lift when it passes the station it goes super fast and crashes why this happening? It doesnt happen with inverted impulse

A

Anonymous

Ok, I have RT3, Soaked and Wild. Everything looks great during the day, but when the scenario turns to night, the display chunks. My frame rate drops dramatically.

Anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Reduce the quality settings, or upgrade your PC I'm afraid.

It's the dynamic lighting which is causing the frame rate issues, the game has to calculate extra light sources which causes the frame rate drop.

You just have to tweak until you're happy, or not look at things in the dark :lol:

Sorry it's not much more help...

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
CoasterKing24 said:
There is a glitch in rct3 i need help

ok im trying to make deja vu and after the lift when it passes the station it goes super fast and crashes why this happening? It doesnt happen with inverted impulse

Have you set the ride to carry on through the station, or it is trying to brake in the station?

You want to check its statistics to find out.