What's new

RCT3 Competition 1: B&M

kimahri

CF Legend
Sax Man said:
Unfortunately, I must respectfully decline.
I still have a lot going on, and between several hard drive crashes and getting a new computer, its been a while since I actually did something with RCT3. Sad Times.
But, I am attempting to post a little more. I am also working on getting involved with a different aspect of CF, so, we'll see how that goes :p. I still have much love for the RCT3 crowd.

Tis a shame but fair enough. Nice to see your back though.

nealbie

CF Legend
Very almost finished with the post - actually shocked how long it takes to do properly!

Have a white rabbit...
Picture1.gif

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ohhh Neal, why did you have that rabbit? It results in the ability to link itself to the character's lateness as well as yours...

Poor show ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
Much much later than expected, the entries! Problematic times pissed me off no end, but no matter - I have bipassed them like a heart surgeon! :p

So here's how it will work peoples... In alphabetical order will be the entries (by member), along with submitted ride stories and names.

The next post will consist of the system which you need to follow in order to vote. The person with the most points wins when all of the votes have been cast.

Feel free to discuss the entries in here, but please PM with your votes. I can guarentee that they wont take as long to publish as the entries *waves fist* "BARROWMAN!" :lol:

Ciallkennett - Demonise (B&M Flyer)

SPONTANEOUS COASTER ERECTS IN FIELD!

Residents were baffled today when a roller-coaster was spontaneously erected in a field in Nealbie.

al5bps.jpg

Residents, who have unofficially named the coaster "Spontaneous Erectos", appeared overnight in a field which was due to submit planning permission for a new theme park. In a bizarre twist, the coaster came complete with planning permission.

2n8tx8j.jpg

Goon Entertainment, which as due to start construction on the £40,000,000 theme park in early July, was baffled at the magnificent coaster. "It really did go up quickly!...I was informed by the surprise ride early this morning by an excited resident"

vgtsfo.jpg

The ride, officially named 'Demonise' reaching speeds of almost 50mph, dominates the skyline around the field, and has already attracted mass media and public attention. However, not all residents are in favour of the attraction. Local Resident Neal Riley said 'I do not want to ride the Demon...ise!"

2mxq5wn.jpg

This is not a first for B&M, the manufacturer of Demonise, who has see a large number of it's Flyer and Inverted coasters spring up overnight in recent weeks. B&M refused to comment on individual cases of, what enthusiasts call, "Quick Credits", but did release a statement: "It has been reported to B&M that there have been numerous spontaneous coasters popping up around the globe...B&M has no further comment to make at this stage..."

6qwvi9.jpg

Goon Entertainments are still expected to start construction on the theme park in a few months, and the coaster will remain open for the foreseeable future.

103hrow.jpg

divvie_dave - Blizzard (B&M Invert)

Set in an beautiful and peaceful town, surrounded by mountains, a Blizzard chooses those who will perish, and those who will survive.

Houses can be seen destroyed, whereas others have luckily escaped the devastation of the "Blizzard".

shot0006jt.jpg

shot0007w.jpg

shot0008y.jpg

shot0009g.jpg

shot0010qt.jpg

shot0011s.jpg

shot0011hn.jpg

Neal - The Locker (B&M Invert)

"Tell me lad. Do you fear death?"

Embark on your final voyage from Shipwreck Cove over the edge of the World itself and into The Locker!

Will you escape with your life? And if so, at what cost? Join Davy Jones for a swashbuckling adventure that's to die for...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Nemesis Inferno - Black Diamond (B&M Invert)

Deep in the Alps, there is a lot of competition between ski resorts in order to get more and more customers, and for a few years the many smaller ski resorts have been unable to keep going and have since shut down...

However, in the north of Italy, a small resort have thought of a new direction in order to bring in new guests, and instead of just having ski slopes, they've opened a new way to enjoy the thrill of skiing...

BLACK DIAMOND

This inverted coaster is named after the most challenging of ski courses, and involves 5 extreme inversions whilst flying down the mountain and through the surrounding terrain at speeds of up to 60mph with forces of around 5G, this intense experience will make riding the slopes a totally different experience!

Ride Images

Firstly, we have an overview of the attraction...
1zoc7bt.jpg

Looking up at the lift hill and first drop of 110ft, the lift hill is based off traditional ski lifts, taking you to the drop of the mountain...
y8nm.jpg

After a 100ft loop and a zero-g, this 60ft Immelmann narrowly avoids a building, producing even more thrills for the rider...
23iymud.jpg

This sharp helix is right in front of the public pathway's, and is above a small lake...
2wdbssh.jpg

Looking towards to entrance area, where the pathways go either side of the loop we see here...
23wrz1u.jpg

After a stall turn and another helix, this corkscrew right next to the queue of the ride is the final inversion...
nb1wx.jpg

Finally, a night overview...
mh8r48.jpg

NickkyG - Leviathan (B&M Flyer)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

overview1.jpg

overview2.jpg

silenthillXD - Danse Macabre (B&M Flyer)

Many peple have disapeared around harbour lake. 13 people have dissapeared in total. Rumours say it started 13 centuries ago when two graverobbers raided the graveyard at Harbour Lake. A storm appeared in the middle of the night nd they were stranded by the lake. They stumled upon a mysterius tower and decided to stay there for the night. Whe the ancient clock struck midnight haunting melody hung in the air. According to legend the two raverobbers were flung around the mountains and fell to their demise into a pit of flames. Cloaked skeletal figures have ben seen ever since dancing around the towers ever since. Now it is your turn to uncover the mystery!

Well I like them, and it's clear that people put a lot of effort into them (well those that bothered), what do you guys think? :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Marking Rules etc.

For all 12 people that entered (yes, even those who couldn't complete a submission), this is what you need to do...

Give each submission (except for your own) a mark out of 5 for the following:-
  • - layout
    - realism
    - theming
    - story (based on how good it is AND how closely it links to the coaster)
    - landscaping
    - originality

Total that up to get their initial score of 30.

THEN!

Rank them from 1st to last in the order of which you would most like to ride them. (ie- your favourite 1st, least 6th)

Awarding points from 6 down to 1. (If you have entered, you MUST give your own coaster 6th place)

Add those to the initial score to get a total.

Finally PM me your votes, written long hand please, so we know where people are getting points and losing them.

May the best person win!

kimahri

CF Legend
I know this is in the middle of grading one but in the next comp can we dump the story part and have a poll?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I'm going to get 0 points for story even though i submitted one and it was lost? That seems unfair for everyone who had to resubmit their entry after it was lost by the organiser.

I'll grade them tomorrow evening.

nealbie

CF Legend
I didn't lose them - CF ****ed up.

You said you didn't have the time to rewrite it. It's been a couple of months :lol:

I know you sent one originally, but it never reappeared - send one in now? :p

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Well i was under the impression that i had a day or two to resubmit my entry before missing the deadline - not 2 months!

I'm not blaming you, i just think its unfair that i lose out on points because of this, i'm not trying to act like a sore loser! :)

I'll see if i can make time to write one this afternoon.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Cos I'm sure Nickky posted a story when it was put up on the foums separately... :lol:

I've defo seen the track before on here... So it must have been based on that...

nealbie

CF Legend
NickkyG's story......

100 years ago the leviathan destroyed all the battleships in the Kings navy. Legend has it that the beast still haunts the sunken wrecks of the ships to this day.