What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ As was mentioned before, chances are it could be there as a precaution. Simliar thing happened with Air and its trims.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, that is the normal use of trims. I was meaning that they could use it to ensure each train hits the bit of track with the effects on at the same speed. In a similar way to the trims on Maverick (after the second launch) slow each train to the same speed for the water cannon turn. Or like on Manta with the MCBR just before the water-splash.

Part of me thinks they're just going to use this like a normal trim (or a 'just-in-case' one like on Air), but I could see how using a trim in that position would reduce the complexity of the timing required for the effects. It was only a thought.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Another test video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hBjxt4ZFA[/youtube]

the inversion over the pathway looks spectacular up close imo.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ The banking transitions may be drawn out to reduce any lateral rotational force which gives the impression of being slower. But I think it's got a decent pace up to the last corner there, but thats where they've decided to add all the head/foot choppers. It's very graceful.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why does this ride have to be fast to be good?! I really don't understand it. I think it looks much more graceful and swooping instead of really punchy and sharp. I think it looks great.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
So you'd like Oblivions drop to be full of trims?
Thought not.

This thing just dies towards the end. Quite severely too.

But this is hardly Oblivion, now is it...

Nice and quiet, and smooth sounding.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I realise this, but it's just not what I look for in a coaster so I commented on how slow it goes. Besides, Sheikra sounds nice n smooth, but it isn't so that wipes your comment out.

Its say the difference from going on a Jr coaster to a big coaster. It's more fun because its faster. Right? Exactly, and we all complain about how slow some coasters go through certain inversions such as Colossus. If everyone can say this about Colossus, then I'm entitled to say it about Raptor too.

I haven't been on it yet, no, but to me, its slower than your average 'big ride'. And if you notice, it loses a LOT of momentum than most other 'big rides'.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
B & M have taken coaster design into the realm of art.
This ride truly is a work of art as the trains travel through, like an eagle in the sky.
:crazy:
Sorry about that, I go a little wacko sometimes.
Serriously, it looks fun because of the motions it performs, not it's total insane speed.
:roll:

Xpress

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
I realise this, but it's just not what I look for in a coaster so I commented on how slow it goes. Besides, Sheikra sounds nice n smooth, but it isn't so that wipes your comment out.

Its say the difference from going on a Jr coaster to a big coaster. It's more fun because its faster. Right? Exactly, and we all complain about how slow some coasters go through certain inversions such as Colossus. If everyone can say this about Colossus, then I'm entitled to say it about Raptor too.

I haven't been on it yet, no, but to me, its slower than your average 'big ride'. And if you notice, it loses a LOT of momentum than most other 'big rides'.

It's like good sex, doesn't matter if it's fast or slow, it's still good ;)

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
I don't think it looks too bad, the speed I mean.

Look at how slow X2 at SFMM looks compared to how it feels when you ride.

This new ride obviously doesn't really compare in height or have the rotating seats but it could be an optical illusion & feel much faster than it looks.

Having said that Air doesn't look or feel fast & I don't much care for the ride myself but plenty of other people do.

I imagine the thrllls will come from riding the outer seats to get the max impact from each element & transition to the next.

I'm curious enough to make a trip.

Hope itscworth it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Screaming Coasters said:
So you'd like Oblivions drop to be full of trims?
Thought not.

This thing just dies towards the end. Quite severely too.
You're not really comparing the same sort of ride experience though. Oblivion is meant to be a short-sharp-hit, fast, punchy etc, and it does that very well.

I don't think B&M really ever intended this to be an intense coaster, much the same way as Air was clearly never meant to be an intense coaster. I think it was more about the feeling of it gliding and flowing. I'm not saying this ride will be good or bad, I have no idea (even if it does look awesome), but my point is that I don't understand why every 'adult' coaster has to be mega-fast.

Xpress said:
Screaming Coasters said:

It's like good sex, doesn't matter if it's fast or slow, it's still good ;)
Ha, sex advice from Xpress... :roll:

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm confused now. The first video of testing had hints of a proper "B&M roar". That excited me. This video didn't. That upset me. Really hoping its just the sound quality on the video.

Looks awesome though. Can't wait for all the rest of the surrounding theming and that to be in (waterfall?! yay!). Can't wait to ride it. More importantly, can't wait to get one of these bad boys closer to home (even if it is at Thorpe! haha)

msep003

Roller Poster
Remember that it is only a prototype and the one at Thorpe Park will receive the corrections from that one .

Me too i can't wait to ride it sometime this year .

Trico

Roller Poster
Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20175930.jpg

Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20175951.jpg

Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20180037.jpg

Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20180046.jpg

Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20180100.jpg

Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20180119.jpg

Acquisizione%20a%20schermo%20intero%2016032011%20180129.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great artwork! I like. :--D
The vertical fly-through of the tree & tower might be repetitive, but awesome!