What's new

Ranking The MCU So Far

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Bringing the thread back in anticipation of WandaVision wrapping up! Will be absolutely interested to see how it stacks - I have loved how unique an approach they are doing with the series, which already makes it a top 10 in my mind.

I also realized I need to update my ranking from Endgame to also add in Spiderman Far From Home:
Updating for Endgame:

1. Marvel's The Avengers - I still love the hype train that built into this one. The Avengers joining for the first time, after then years of build-up. If only we really appreciated how this was the first of three phases.
2. Thor: Ragnarok - The movie Thor always deserved. I really love Ragnorak as it's the one movie that stuck closest to the comic, especially in terms of art director and cinematography. And who doesn't like Jeff Goldblum as a bad guy?
3. Captain America: Civil War - Really loved the story arc, and mini-Avengers movie they packed in. Very critical point in the Avengers story, with a fantastic rumble fight sequence.
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - This was when Captain America really became badass in my mind. Really enjoyed unpacking more of Hydra's backstory, and the downfall of SHIELD.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy - The spinoff spoof that really, really worked.
6. Black Panther - I've really loved how T'Challa has been developed into the Marvel universe, probably the strongest of "late comer" Avengers.
7. Captain Marvel - Hey! You can still do an origin story in Phase 3!
8. Avengers: Endgame - Great way to cap off the Avengers trilogy, but in a "Deathly Hallows Part 2" kind of way; best seen as part of Infinity Wars. By itself, it's an awkward narrative that has a lot of strands to follow. Again, good ending for the series, but not an amazing film by itself.
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A solid sequel, and love unpacking more of the "space" element for the Marvel universe. Also introduced us to the concept of Jump Points, which helps make the MCU far more navigable as we move from Earth to Asgard to space. There's more than one way (bifrost) to get around!
10. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
11. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
12. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
13. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
14. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
15. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
16. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
17. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
18. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
19. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
20. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
21. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
22. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

1. Marvel's The Avengers - I still love the hype train that built into this one. The Avengers joining for the first time, after then years of build-up. If only we really appreciated how this was the first of three phases.
2. Thor: Ragnarok - The movie Thor always deserved. I really love Ragnorak as it's the one movie that stuck closest to the comic, especially in terms of art director and cinematography. And who doesn't like Jeff Goldblum as a bad guy?
3. Captain America: Civil War - Really loved the story arc, and mini-Avengers movie they packed in. Very critical point in the Avengers story, with a fantastic rumble fight sequence.
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - This was when Captain America really became badass in my mind. Really enjoyed unpacking more of Hydra's backstory, and the downfall of SHIELD.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy - The spinoff spoof that really, really worked.
6. Black Panther - I've really loved how T'Challa has been developed into the Marvel universe, probably the strongest of "late comer" Avengers.
7. Captain Marvel - Hey! You can still do an origin story in Phase 3!
8. Avengers: Endgame - Great way to cap off the Avengers trilogy, but in a "Deathly Hallows Part 2" kind of way; best seen as part of Infinity Wars. By itself, it's an awkward narrative that has a lot of strands to follow. Again, good ending for the series, but not an amazing film by itself.
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A solid sequel, and love unpacking more of the "space" element for the Marvel universe. Also introduced us to the concept of Jump Points, which helps make the MCU far more navigable as we move from Earth to Asgard to space. There's more than one way (bifrost) to get around!
10. Spiderman: Far From Home - This is a movie ranking that could slip in the future as we have more Phase 4 content come out; I really appreciated the storytelling of "what happens after End Game", and as Peter Parker grapples with the loss of Tony Stark as a father figure and finding his place.
11. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
12. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
13. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
14. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
15. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
16. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
17. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
19. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
20. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
21. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
22. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
23. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Time to add in WandaVision!

2. WandaVision - Friends I don't know who needs to hear this, but talk about "something new and bold you can only do in an episodic series". Absolutely loved the approach, especially as a launch/setup to MCU Phase 4. It was a page turner that left so much mystery and intrigue answered/solved by end of the series... with room for the subsequent films!
  3. Thor: Ragnarok - The movie Thor always deserved. I really love Ragnorak as it's the one movie that stuck closest to the comic, especially in terms of art director and cinematography. And who doesn't like Jeff Goldblum as a bad guy?
  4. Captain America: Civil War - Really loved the story arc, and mini-Avengers movie they packed in. Very critical point in the Avengers story, with a fantastic rumble fight sequence.
  5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - This was when Captain America really became badass in my mind. Really enjoyed unpacking more of Hydra's backstory, and the downfall of SHIELD.
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy - The spinoff spoof that really, really worked.
  7. Black Panther - I've really loved how T'Challa has been developed into the Marvel universe, probably the strongest of "late comer" Avengers.
  8. Captain Marvel - Hey! You can still do an origin story in Phase 3!
  9. Avengers: Endgame - Great way to cap off the Avengers trilogy, but in a "Deathly Hallows Part 2" kind of way; best seen as part of Infinity Wars. By itself, it's an awkward narrative that has a lot of strands to follow. Again, good ending for the series, but not an amazing film by itself.
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A solid sequel, and love unpacking more of the "space" element for the Marvel universe. Also introduced us to the concept of Jump Points, which helps make the MCU far more navigable as we move from Earth to Asgard to space. There's more than one way (bifrost) to get around!
  11. Spiderman: Far From Home - This is a movie ranking that could slip in the future as we have more Phase 4 content come out; I really appreciated the storytelling of "what happens after End Game", and as Peter Parker grapples with the loss of Tony Stark as a father figure and finding his place.
  12. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
  13. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
  14. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
  15. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
  16. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
  17. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
  18. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
  19. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
  20. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
  21. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
  22. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
  23. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
  24. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
tagging up for Falcon and Winter Soldier:

3. WandaVision - Friends I don't know who needs to hear this, but talk about "something new and bold you can only do in an episodic series". Absolutely loved the approach, especially as a launch/setup to MCU Phase 4. It was a page turner that left so much mystery and intrigue answered/solved by end of the series... with room for the subsequent films!
  4. Captain America: Civil War - Really loved the story arc, and mini-Avengers movie they packed in. Very critical point in the Avengers story, with a fantastic rumble fight sequence.
  5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - This was when Captain America really became badass in my mind. Really enjoyed unpacking more of Hydra's backstory, and the downfall of SHIELD.
  7. Black Panther - I've really loved how T'Challa has been developed into the Marvel universe, probably the strongest of "late comer" Avengers.
  9. Avengers: Endgame - Great way to cap off the Avengers trilogy, but in a "Deathly Hallows Part 2" kind of way; best seen as part of Infinity Wars. By itself, it's an awkward narrative that has a lot of strands to follow. Again, good ending for the series, but not an amazing film by itself.
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A solid sequel, and love unpacking more of the "space" element for the Marvel universe. Also introduced us to the concept of Jump Points, which helps make the MCU far more navigable as we move from Earth to Asgard to space. There's more than one way (bifrost) to get around!
  11. Spiderman: Far From Home - This is a movie ranking that could slip in the future as we have more Phase 4 content come out; I really appreciated the storytelling of "what happens after End Game", and as Peter Parker grapples with the loss of Tony Stark as a father figure and finding his place.
  12. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
  13. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
  14. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
  15. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
  16. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
  17. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
  18. Falcon and The Winter Soldier - I enjoyed the premise and concept overall, especially as a way to continue MCU Phase 4 rolling; a meandering plot, lots of rotating cast, and heavy “you don’t need to do this” dialogue with the antagonists held the show back to some extent.
  19. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
  20. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
  21. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
  22. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
  23. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
  24. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
  25. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Adding in Black Widow and Loki:

3. WandaVision - Friends I don't know who needs to hear this, but talk about "something new and bold you can only do in an episodic series". Absolutely loved the approach, especially as a launch/setup to MCU Phase 4. It was a page turner that left so much mystery and intrigue answered/solved by end of the series... with room for the subsequent films!
  11. Loki - I really liked this concept a lot, and am grateful the story shall continue. The only gripe I'd have is we weren't able to dig as deep into the story, as we had to cover a lot of territory across 8 episodes.
  12. Spiderman: Far From Home - This is a movie ranking that could slip in the future as we have more Phase 4 content come out; I really appreciated the storytelling of "what happens after End Game", and as Peter Parker grapples with the loss of Tony Stark as a father figure and finding his place.
  13. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
  14. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
  15. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
  16. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
  17. Black Widow - Phenomenal casting and a pretty good plot. A bit less action than my taste, but solid addition.
  18. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
  19. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
  20. Falcon and The Winter Soldier - I enjoyed the premise and concept overall, especially as a way to continue MCU Phase 4 rolling; a meandering plot, lots of rotating cast, and heavy “you don’t need to do this” dialogue with the antagonists held the show back to some extent.
  21. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
  22. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
  23. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
  24. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
  25. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
  26. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
  27. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's been a while. I should probably update this...

1. Captain America: Winter Soldier - I love the fact it was more a spy thriller than a superhero film
2. Guardians of the Galaxy - charming, light, fun and just really well directed. Piss poor villain though
3. Ant-Man - see above
4. Iron Man - the one that really started it and I think it's a great introduction to the MCU. It's aged badly, but it still deserves a good place.
5. Spiderman: Homecoming - I love Spiderman and this is probably his best film outing. Swung (haha) by my love of the character
6. Doctor Strange - Sandbach Congleton is fab. Ergo, Doctor Strange is fab
7. Thor: Ragnarok - cheesy, silly, fun, death and destruction
8. Captain America: Civil War - okay, I like it. It has Spiderman so it gains a couple of places ;)
9. Avengers: Infinity War - great Thanos movie. Thanos is the best Avenger!
10. Avengers: Endgame - It was a silly plot that did a good job of finishing everything up. Can't complain.
11. Shang-Chi - Solid "fun" kind of film. Nothing outstanding.
12. Spiderman: Far from home - I loved it at the cinema. Repeat watching, not so much. I think it suffers from Marvel syndrome (see footnote).
13. Black Panther - bit of mystery thriller to break up the smashy smashy. This has dropped on subsequent watching. It doesn't hold up to repeat viewing.
14. Captain America: First Avenger - actually much better than everyone remembers it to be :)
15. Captain Marvel - I love the pretend 90's vibe. Obviously CM is overpowered and ridiculous, but it's generally a good film.
16. Antman and Wasp - not as good as the first. Not awful.
17. Thor - I like it. I don't know why. I think it's just something a bit slower paced and different. Also, soft spot for both Michael Strazynski and Kenneth Brannagh
18. Guardians 2 - no plot, poor writing, cheap laughs over any real depth of content.
19. Black Widow - deserves to be lower, but the films below are really bad
20. Iron Man 2 - it's a bit ****
21. Thor Dark World - it's a bit ****ter than Iron Man 2
22. Avengers: Assemble - no threat, just "how big can we make things blow up"
23. Avengers: Age of Ultron - more of the above only with bigger blowy ups.
24. Hulk - it's okay until the end really... Kind of... Almost... Okay, it's a big green turd.
25. Iron Man 3 - awful, awful film. I just don't understand why people like it. The plot is telegraphed from the start and it just descends into utter madness of "more is more!!!" that just doesn't work (which is why I think Ant Man and Winter Soldier do work, as they dial it all back in).

25 films. Really? That's incredible over a span of 13 years.

The biggest issue with Marvel now (and it's been a bit of an issue for a while) is that every film, TV show, end credit sequence, special, pencil case, commemorative tin, etc. is "all part of something bigger". You can't view anything as just a film now, it's all just a tease of something else to-come.

Are you watching the film you're watching, or looking out for Easter eggs, for a future plot or film, which will contain more Easter eggs for more films. It's all tease and no relief.

Oddly, Spiderman FFH is kind of the inverse of this. The bigger Marvel world impacts on the film directly - and I think negatively. The film isn't about Peter Parker/Spiderman - but the consequences of Tony Stark's actions. It's a film about Stark, not Spidey. This is my main worry about the next SM film. In the comics (and all other films, games, etc.) - Spiderman uses his own wit, intellect, luck and constant bumbling to find/make and defeat enemies - who target him specifically. He's a thorn in the side - usually by accident. It's what makes him something special. Now, we're getting villains thrown at him that he didn't make "himself" and he's using the MCU's most powerful character to help him out.

I like Tom Holland as Spiderman, and I really hope the film is more than two hours of montage of previous stuff.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
Iron Man 3 - awful, awful film. I just don't understand why people like it.
It's a bit messy, but I like it a lot. Thanks to Shane Black it has the best dialogue of any of the MCU films. And I'll watch virtually anything with Guy Pearce in.

Probably a stupid question from someone who's not completely au fait with this whole Marvel Universe thang - is there a reason nobody seems to include those Netflix shows? Are they not part of canon or something?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's a bit messy, but I like it a lot. Thanks to Shane Black it has the best dialogue of any of the MCU films. And I'll watch virtually anything with Guy Pearce in.

Probably a stupid question from someone who's not completely au fait with this whole Marvel Universe thang - is there a reason nobody seems to include those Netflix shows? Are they not part of canon or something?

I'm not going to reply about IM3, as you're clearly insane :p

Initially, the Netflix Marvel series were meant to be canon. Pretty sure the first series of at least Daredevil, if not others, mention fallout from the films. Kingpin, for instance, suddenly has large swathes of New York to invest in due to the "recent event".

I think that generally, only "pure Disney" productions are ever classed as canon (Hulk being the one semi-exception, and of course the SM films on their tenuous thread).

It's a shame if they don't use them, though, as they were really good for the most part. Second half of Luke Cage dropped off, and I think Daredevil and Punisher season 2's were the only ones vaguely worth watching as sequels. Anything with Iron Fist was pretty poor. However, I think that all have a place in the MCU and all of them are superb versions of the characters - especially Kingpin, who is awesome.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Right I’ll do a new list for new phases the way it should be done.

1. Shang Chi
2. Black Widow

TV
1. Loki
2. WandaVision
3. Falcon And The Winter Soldier

Phase 4 has started fantastically I’ve loved it so far. Shang Chi finally gives us Asian representation in Superhero form. Yes the middle was lacklustre but the beginnings end and fight scenes were fantastic and it all leads straight into the bigger universe which I for one am excited.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Catching up on new content!

8. Spiderman No Way Home - what a brilliant execution and concept! Fan service, but also smartly written and weaving of the "Spiderverse".
  9. Captain Marvel - Hey! You can still do an origin story in Phase 3!
  10. Avengers: Endgame - Great way to cap off the Avengers trilogy, but in a "Deathly Hallows Part 2" kind of way; best seen as part of Infinity Wars. By itself, it's an awkward narrative that has a lot of strands to follow. Again, good ending for the series, but not an amazing film by itself.
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A solid sequel, and love unpacking more of the "space" element for the Marvel universe. Also introduced us to the concept of Jump Points, which helps make the MCU far more navigable as we move from Earth to Asgard to space. There's more than one way (bifrost) to get around!
  12. Loki - I really liked this concept a lot, and am grateful the story shall continue. The only gripe I'd have is we weren't able to dig as deep into the story, as we had to cover a lot of territory across 8 episodes.
  13. Spiderman: Far From Home - This is a movie ranking that could slip in the future as we have more Phase 4 content come out; I really appreciated the storytelling of "what happens after End Game", and as Peter Parker grapples with the loss of Tony Stark as a father figure and finding his place.
  14. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
  15. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
  16. Hawkeye - I quite liked this TV series, moreso than majority of the other TV series runs thus far. It felt natural to Hawkeye's character, who grapples with being a superhero and father, but also love how the Phase 4 arcs met together during the show.
  17. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
  18. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
  19. Black Widow - Phenomenal casting and a pretty good plot. A bit less action than my taste, but solid addition.
  20. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Overall quite enjoyed the film; while it felt a little too close a cut to the story of Raya (also an origin story that involves finding a dragon with Aquafina as a side kick ;) ), Shang Chi might be the newest Phase 4 character I'm most interested/excited for.
  21. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
  22. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
  23. Falcon and The Winter Soldier - I enjoyed the premise and concept overall, especially as a way to continue MCU Phase 4 rolling; a meandering plot, lots of rotating cast, and heavy “you don’t need to do this” dialogue with the antagonists held the show back to some extent.
  24. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
  25. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
  26. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
  27. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
  28. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
  29. Eternals - Ugh, I wanted to like this so much. The story was extremely wide and the cast list long, meaning we had minimal character depth and engagement.
  30. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
  31. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

James F

Hyper Poster
I guess it's time for an update

I haven't seen all of them, so I am just ranking what I have seen.

Movies:
  1. Avengers: Infinity War (9/10) - Everything that you could want from a penultimate final film (the stakes were high and there were consequences)
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy (8/10) - The first Marvel movie that I came out enjoying, it feels like the most stand alone out of the bunch.
  3. Avengers: Endgame (8/10) - I appreciate the darker tone and that it took it's time to explore the characters grief
  4. Spider-Man: No Way Home (8/10) - If I was to nominate the "most fun" than this would be it and there is also a good amount of character development)
  5. Doctor Strange (8/10) - What a trip, I loved that this more like an martial arts meets Harry Potter than a superhero movie.
  6. Captain America: Civil War (7.5/10) - Almost great, I appreciated the ambition and allegory, but not a fan of it's excessive run time.
  7. Spider-Man: Far From Home (7.5/10) - It's a solid Spider-Man movie with some John Hughes thrown in.
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (7.5/10) - Good, but the twist villain wasn't much of a twist.
  9. Black Widow (7/10) - I not sure why this has been met poorly with fans, but I enjoyed the heavier themes and while the ending felt cartoonish I still got plenty of enjoyment from this.
  10. Thor: Ragnarok (7/10) - I understand some of the complaints, but Thor and Hulk make for a great duo.
  11. Iron Man (7/10) - The most straight forward of the bunch and does everything to a good standard.
  12. Spider-Man: Homecoming (7/10) A standard Spider-Man movie, Tom Holland and Michael Keaton make it more interesting.
  13. Avengers: Age of Ultron (7/10) It one of those movies where the best part is in the middle.
  14. Captain America: The Winter Solider (6.5/10) It's a bit try hard, but enjoyable enough
  15. Captain America: The First Avenger (6.5/10) ^ see above
  16. Black Panther (6/10) The world building, villain and production design are impressive, but the story felt tired.
  17. Thor (5.5/10) Not very interesting, but Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba save it from being a complete waste of time.
  18. Avengers Assemble (5/10) - agreed with @furie, nothing much interesting happens in terms of emotional storytelling.
  19. Iron Man 2 (5/10) - More of the same from the first movie, but lamer.
  20. Shang Chi Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (5/10) Better than average action set pieces, but Awkwafina was doing my head in!
  21. Ant Man (4/10) - Nothing of consequence here and the attempts of "humour" dug the nail in further.
  22. The Incredible Hulk (4/10) - Banner deserved better.
  23. Captain Marvel (3/10) - Marvel's Mary Sue.
  24. Iron Man 3 (3/10) Where do I start? Overlong, Pointless, unlikable characters, unengaging story, rubbish villain etc
TV Shows:
  1. WandaVision (8/10) - The only one I sat through and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, I loved the attention to detail to each time period and the hidden film references here and there - not to mention it was an engaging story and had interesting characters, those first two things are just a plus.
  2. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (4/10) - Stopped watching after 2 episodes. Boring.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
1. Endgame
2. Infinity War
3. Thor - Ragnorok
4. Guardians Of The Galaxy
5. Captain America - Winter Soldier
6. Spiderman - No Way Home
7. Doctor Strange
8. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2
9. Avengers Assemble
10. Shang-chi & The Legend of the Ten Rings