What's new

Rank the travelling coasters you've done

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I've decided to not include travelling coasters I've only done at permanent parks so you won't be seeing any Fantasy Island or Botton's Pleasure Beach and the like here. Just funfairs. You can if you want to in your own list, but I've decided not to!

1) Olympia Looping - While it's prime days are behind us, it still pulls frankly ridiculous positives in its inversions with a killer turn into the second and third loops. Made me swear on it.
2) Wilde Maus XXL - Trimless Wild Mouse is something else. Get ready for that onslaught of hills and turns taken at frankly unholy speeds.
3) Ice Mountain 2016 - Untrimmed spinning mouse. It span, so much. I had to have a good sit down after it. I loved it.
4) Ice Mountain 2021 - Spin unlocker misfired. Did the entire second half facing straight. Walked off very disappointed, this is the best mouse model on the circuit right now I believe. Shame, however it's high up because what they did with the indoor bit is really cool.
5) Heidi the Coaster - The sped up lift hill is a fantastic meme and the earlier spin unlocking is a welcome change, but span notably less and removed the double up. Sad. Has on board audio though, ride saved.
6) Wild Mouse - Got a decent spin.
7) Spinning Coaster (Brent Cross) - Got a decent spin, nothing life changing.
8) Spinning Coaster (Hyde Park) - Got almost zero spin.
9) Alpine Thriller - Overhated from my experience though I was pretty small when I did it. Rode it more than once voluntarily so it must have been good, surely?
10) Euro Coaster - Biggest restraint gap of my life, on a SUSPENDED coaster. Layout did nothing. I felt no peril. Walked away sad.

I'll speed through the kiddies.

11) Runaway Train, 12) Crazy Caterpillar, 13) Crazy Clown, 14) Santa Coaster, 15) Runaway Train, 16) Family Coaster, 17) unknown wacky worm, 18) Dragon, 19) Mine Train, 20) Shrek, 21) Runaway Train, 22) Racing Coaster, 23) Crazy Caterpillar, 24) Santa's Runaway Train, 25) Go Gator

26) Blizzard - Merciless life-ending pinball from start to finish. Has shoulder restraints, horrific profiling, the most aggressive headbanging I've ever experienced and went around twice.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
1. Olympia Looping.
2. Wilde Maus XXL.

Here endeth my experience of travelling coasters. Some might argue that I'm not taking this hobby seriously enough. Or maybe it's too seriously, I dunno? 🤔 🤷‍♂️

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Tough one when the lines blur as to what's travelling at the time and what isn't, so I'll play it lazy for a change.

The notables
1. Hollenblitz (Safari Blitz at the time)
2. Olympia Looping (Munchen Looping at the time)
3. Jet Star
4. Jumbo Jet
5. Wild Mouse XXL
6. Le King
7. Cars

The rest
Pommes, Dragons, Mice and Runaway Trains x70-odd

The worst
Le petit train de la mine - that French one that cut me up pretty badly. Funny though.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Ask me to rank anything and I'll do it. It's my kryptonite.
  1. Olympia Looping, Winter Wonderland - Some will say it's overrated. Others will say that they are wrong.
  2. Wild Maus XXL, Winter Wonderland - Shockingly fun
  3. Spinning Racer, Schueberfouer - Standard Maurer SC2000. Good fun
  4. Crazy Mouse, Indiana State Fair - Reverchon spinner
  5. Euro Coaster, Winter Wonderland - I actually found it to be way more enjoyable than it honestly probably is. I was just enthralled by the fact that I was riding an inverted Reverchon wild mouse and was surely to get destroyed at some point in the journey. I didn't, but it was bizarre and I enjoyed it to a degree.
  6. Wacky Cowboy, Utah State Fair - Wacky worm with a silly name
  7. Wacky Worm, Indiana State Fair - Wacky worm with a wacky worm name
  8. Orient Express, Boone County Fair (Kentucky) - I have never felt sluttier