What's new

Rank the RMCs

Edward M

Strata Poster
Edward M said:
Hoping to get 2 more this year (Lighning Rod and Wicked Cyclone), but it feels like it is time for an update.

1. Wildfire
2. Medusa
3. Outlaw Run
4. Lightning Rod
5. Goliath
6. Wicked Cyclone
7. Joker
8. Iron Rattler
9. Storm Chaser
10. New Texas Giant
11. Twisted Colossus

Ridden in bold

1. Lightning Rod
2. Medusa
3. Outlaw Run
4. Wildfire
5. Goliath
6. Wicked Cyclone
7. Storm Chaser
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. Twisted Colossus
11. New Texas Giant

zombieface

Roller Poster
1. Wicked Cyclone
2. Wildfire
3. Twisted Colossus (ridden)
4. Lightning Rod
5-10 could go any way really, I'd say these are all pretty much equal
5. Iron Rattler
6. Storm Chaser
7. Medusa
8. Joker (ridden)
9. Outlaw Run
10. New Texas Giant
11. Goliath

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Outlaw Run
Twisted Colossus
New Texas Giant

Will be adding Joker in next couple months, but Outlaw Run at night in 40 degrees is something that can't be explained. Zero light besides the camera flash and blind you until you hit the breaks. That wave turn should be illegal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Sorry for the bump, but as I've been reading this page for awhile, what it is about Twisted Colossus that ranks it at the bottom of everyone's lists?

BTW, I'll FINALLY be adding a second RMC to my rankings in a week from now!! (You'll see what it is soon)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Sorry for the bump, but as I've been reading this page for awhile, what it is about Twisted Colossus that ranks it at the bottom of everyone's lists?

BTW, I'll FINALLY be adding a second RMC to my rankings in a week from now!! (You'll see what it is soon)
It doesn't feel complete. The second lift kills it, majorly. Right as it gets going, you hit the brakes on both sides. If it had another half lap before the second lift, it would be much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edward M

Strata Poster
^ya that. It's more like you're riding half of a coaster twice than a full coaster for me. Twisted Colossus added and placed accordingly. Hoping Wicked Cyclone and Goliath this year.
Ridden in bold

1. Lightning Rod
2. Medusa
3. Outlaw Run
4. Wildfire
5. Goliath
6. Wicked Cyclone
7. Storm Chaser
8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant
11. Twisted Colossus

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
I've finally ridden another RMC. Now I can stop whoring this thread.

1. Lightning Rod
11. Goliath

Don't get me wrong. Goliath is still a great ride, but I rode Lightning Rod twice today... Back row is literally my heaven on earth, as you can tell by my signature. Full trip report coming soon

Last edited:

gad198

Roller Poster
I've rank the RMCs I've ridden as follows:
  1. Lightning Rod
  2. Wicked Cyclone
  3. New Texas Giant
  4. Storm Chaser
  5. Outlaw Run
  6. Iron Rattler
  7. Goliath
Lightning Rod is definitely the best of the RMC bunch, but the rest of them all kind of blend together as far as the experiences. They're all really fun coasters.

Snoo

The Legend
I've finally ridden another RMC. Now I can stop whoring this thread.

1. Lightning Rod
11. Goliath

Don't get me wrong. Goliath is still a great ride, but I rode Lightning Rod twice today... Back row is literally my heaven on earth, as you can tell by my signature. Full trip report coming soon
My man :)

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Here, I'll do a list to include what I haven't ridden (ridden on bold) (italicized what I'll ride later this year)

1. Lightning Rod

2. Wildfire
3. Medusa Steel Coaster
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Outlaw Run
6. Storm Chaser
7. Iron Rattler
8. Goliath
9. Joker
10. Twisted Colossus
11. New Texas Giant

Last edited:

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Literally so ****ing pumped for Lightning Rod this summer. Visiting Dollywood for the first time this summer, and with Lightning Rod running consistently since the parks opening this season, I am so ****ing pumped. Seeing another user opinion's about it just makes me more excited.

I visited SDC this past week and got a good amount of rides on Outlaw Run (10 to be exact, 3 front row, rest back or 2nd to back) and it's still phenomenal. It has a bit of a jolt and rattle too it more so than the last time I visited, but nothing unbearable, and besides I don't mind rattly coasters really, I don't find it uncomfortable.
Only riding one new RMC this summer because it is literally the nearest one that I haven't done, and it's still 14 hours away driving distance from me.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Finally rode The Joker last week and I've ridden Goliath a few more times since my last post, so time for another update:
1, Medusa Steel Coaster
2, The Joker
3, Outlaw Run
4, Goliath
5, Storm Chaser
6, Wicked Cyclone
7, Iron Rattler
8, New Texas Giant
9, Twisted Colossus

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Finally rode The Joker last week and I've ridden Goliath a few more times since my last post, so time for another update:
1, Medusa Steel Coaster
2, The Joker
3, Outlaw Run
4, Goliath
5, Wicked Cyclone
6, Iron Rattler
7, New Texas Giant
8, Twisted Colossus

Where's Storm Chaser?

BTW, what's bad about Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant? Those too look great (What's so good about Joker, too?)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I accidentally copied and pasted an older post rather than my last one. It's fixed now.

There's absolutely nothing bad about Iron Rattler or New Texas Giant and they both are great as well, but my list is based on which one I would like to re-ride the most.
I think The Joker is a really fun ride with some nice inversions and lots of pops of airtime, plus the double dip under the Zero-G stall <3. I guess it's the layout and pacing that really does it for me. Even the little bunny hills out of the station leading up to the lift hill are much better than the ones on Twisted Colossus.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Literally so :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing pumped for Lightning Rod this summer. Visiting Dollywood for the first time this summer, and with Lightning Rod running consistently since the parks opening this season, I am so :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing pumped. Seeing another user opinion's about it just makes me more excited.

Same here. I'm currently making plans for a Carowinds/Dollywood trip at the end of the summer and the thought of it is driving me round the bend.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Still only been on one, hoping to add Joker and Twisted Colossus to the list this year.
Can't rank em, except to say Wicked Cyclone dethroned MForce as my #1 of 14 years so that says something, and I don't see why I should rank my interest but will say Lightning Rod has me temped to drive the 8 hours to Dollywood right now just to ride it. That thing looks utterly ridiculous, it almost feels like we're pushing things too far now lol

DelPiero

Strata Poster
1 - Lightning Rod
2 - Wildfire
3 - Wicked Cyclone
3 very different rides, Medusa, Outlaw and Storm Chaser look to be the best of the rest.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
1. Lightning Rod- New #1 as of November, RMC finally did it! This RMC takes their existing technology and applies it perfectly to my type of coaster! Relentless unwavering speed, every kind of crazy ejector in the book, beautiful terrain, and the strongest ending of any RMC by far. I wasn't really feeling the god awful fifties theme when it was announced but the ride itself has a queue themed more to an automotive shop than the fifties, and the engineer in me ate that right up, even though the car theme has been done to death this coaster nails it. Riding at night and then shooting over that hill into the quad down and seeing the darkness turn into the entire park brightly illuminated with every color of Christmas light imaginable was also the most magical moment I've ever experienced on a coaster. This thing is wonderful in every sense of the word, and it certainly is the best coaster in the US at the moment.
2. Wicked Cyclone- Smooth as glass, packed with airtime, relentless almost all the way to the brakes, and some of the best rhythm I've ever experienced on a coaster. Not to mention some cool (albeit cheap) theming. This RMC has it all, and that's what won it over for me and nearly took out my number one.
3. Outlaw Run- I consider it on the more aggressive side but it's too short and doesn't have as much airtime as Cyclone. Still a really awesome ride, though. Just wish it was a bit longer. Best location of the three, though, and cresting the lift and seeing Table Rock Lake down below the Ozarks has to be one of the best views from a coaster out there.
4. Storm Chaser- Really like this coaster too. It just doesn't go through a single element without insane ejector, some really weird inversion, or some other kind of sensation. Too short and dies a little at the end, though. If it's running nylon wheels like it was in August (as opposed to the poly it had in May) you'll get a significantly improved ride on it.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
It's rather exciting to see the majority of people rank Lightning Rod, Wicked Cyclone and Storm Chaser in their top 5 when I'm going to be riding all three of those in about 6 weeks! Not a bad trio for my first RMCs... :D