What's new

Rainbow Magicland looks Magical

East Coast(er) General said:
Even if it's not quite up there with Disney, it definitely is comparable with Islands Of Adventure (which is my favorite park). I will be shocked if this park isn't the highlight of the Live.
I see what you did there.

How do we know Disney are involved? I didn't know that. Maybe Disney are using it to "test" ideas for Disneylands?

STC said:
How do we know Disney are involved? I didn't know that. Maybe Disney are using it to "test" ideas for Disneylands?
I was looking at Casa dei Mostri's RCDB page where I read "The theme is based on the cartoon series "Monster Allergy", which is owned by the same people that own the park."
http://www.rcdb.com/8651.htm

I then Googled "monster allergy" read the Wiki page, which say "Monster Allergy is a comic book series of Disney Italy published by Buena Vista Comics."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Allergy

That's where I'm getting the Disney link from, although I didn't delve any further than that.

I didn't realise that Rainbow FabLand was going to look this good. Could end up being a highlight of the trip! :D

I didn't realise it had a drop after the launch and also that mini air hill between the tower and incline loop thing.

I think thats just a screw up on the recreation to be honest.

Edit: It is a screw up:

154298_1676395880655_1560218593_1645202_4739102_n.jpg

Watching that recreation has made me concerned that this'll be a bit crap. You all know how obsessed I am with Formule X, and have therefore been really looking forward to this, but I'm really not convinced by the layout. I really hope to be proved wrong.

But yes, in general, the park looks absolutely epic. The themeing is absolutely amazing. I really can't wait to see this place now! :)

Ian said:
STC said:
I was looking at Casa dei Mostri's RCDB page where I read "The theme is based on the cartoon series "Monster Allergy", which is owned by the same people that own the park."
http://www.rcdb.com/8651.htm

I then Googled "monster allergy" read the Wiki page, which say "Monster Allergy is a comic book series of Disney Italy published by Buena Vista Comics."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Allergy

That's where I'm getting the Disney link from, although I didn't delve any further than that.

Ok as far as I'm aware (consider that I have been doing a LOT of research into this park since like August last year) this is what I've found. It's owned by a company, an animation company that I think is also an Italian TV network (bit like how Plopsaland is run), called Rainbow. Some of the animations they create are broadcast around the World by Disney's channels. One of the other main shows in the park is Huntix (several of the main rides) and was shown in the UK and USA on the Disney Jetix/ Disney XD channel last year.

So I suppose Disney don't own the park, they just have an association with a lot of the characters and shows that are present in the park due to them being the distributors. I think it kinda works in a similar sense to how Disney used to be the Worldwide distributor for the epic Studio Ghibli films.

Anyways, the pictures now being released are AMAZING. The level of theming at this park is just incredible. I have high hopes for the interior of the spinning coaster building - themed to illusions, sounds epic.

^ Thanks for clearing that up, peep.

I'm thirsty for more photos now. I really hope that these areas are built so you can explore them and aren't just massive open areas with rides and theme.

Nic said:
Watching that recreation has made me concerned that this'll be a bit crap. You all know how obsessed I am with Formule X, and have therefore been really looking forward to this, but I'm really not convinced by the layout. I really hope to be proved wrong.

But yes, in general, the park looks absolutely epic. The themeing is absolutely amazing. I really can't wait to see this place now! :)

Nic I think it will be a fun ride and that loop will provide some nice G (going by the one in Orlando). I think the NL recration is rather bad just like the NL version of Rocket was, the coaster gave some nice G and nice pockets of airtime.

I'm not sure on the drop tower, doesn't seem to be much info on it. They need to get moving too as they haven't even put it up yet. It'll reach a height of 70 metres (about 220ft?) so it should be pretty impressive.

I remember reading that the park would be open by April, that does not look like it will happen unless they plan to add stuff later.

marc said:
I remember reading that the park would be open by April, that does not look like it will happen unless they plan to add stuff later.

Dates have already been announced.

30th April - 5000 locals can visit
14th May - 1500 locals can visit
25th May - Opening ceremony
26th May - Open to the public

Ah so I did read it right :)

They better get a move on lol.

I am really looking forward to going to this park.

Heres a video showing off inside the park and all the main rides:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5j_qxqd0Bc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Really loving the theming throughout the park and they sure did an awesome job covering up that huge square building where the spinning coaster is.

Thanks for the video.

The park just looks fantastic theme wise.

It is very rare that I look forward to going to a park as much as this one.

Just need to look up what it is themed on so I understand it more when there.

LMFAO at that man mincing at 1:22. Ben, you have competition ;)

In all seriousness, this park looks awesome, I think I'll have to go. By the way, where abouts is this park? When I try to find it in Google Maps, It get's so confused. Can anybody help?

Well, here goes another park I'll have to try my hardest to get to. The construction looks amazing :)

1:22 made me LOL. Hard :lol: