Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: SFGAm- VR coming to Raging Bull

Make it go away... :(

TilenB

Strata Poster

Why don't they put it on something crappy like Skull Mountain? I don't think a B&M Hyper really needs a VR on it...

DelPiero

Strata Poster

The people who come up with these ideas are seriously wrong in the head. How can a massive company like six flags employ such utter retards?

First Bizarro, Now Nitro... Just wait, every six flags park will have his soon and it'll be on the best 1 or 2 rides at each park.

Total and utter ****.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

SFMM will put them on X2 with all the "success" of this. Because all coasters need **** VR...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^It seems not, but it will still drastically affect queuing times regardless of whether you choose it or not. One, because anything sold as "new" will get longer lines anyway, and two, because the loading and unloading will take longer. I'll be going to two SF Parks this summer and will have to ride the VR coasters at least twice (once with and once+ without the VR) since I'll want to compare the overall experience, though I'm 99% sure which I'll prefer.

As DelPiero said, it's utterly stupid to put it on coasters which are already very popular. Putting it on massive Intamin and B&M hypers is f**kwittery at its finest when there are countless other rides at these parks which could actually benefit from it.

Your park's best rides don't need the added boost when all you're selling is the VR experience. Put it on a crap coaster and you still have the same marketing potential (NEW VIRTUAL REALITY COASTER!!!!!!), give an unloved/unpopular coaster some attention, and leave your signature rides the f**k alone.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

FFS, this is so unnecessary and stupid. Why Nitro? Why Bull? Why Superman NE? Ridiculous. Let's just hope they never put VR on our wonderful and blissful RMC sex machines.....

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

So all forms of Raging Bull VR advertisments and info have been removed from the website and App. A recent newsletter is saying that VR will be coming to SFGAm, but never said Bull. Many people on the SFGAmWorld forum are saying that they might've changed the coaster to Demon, which is a MUCH better fit.

All we know is that VR is still happening before the summer ends, but it won't be on Raging Bull.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

^Thank god. VR would turn Raging Bull, a capacity machine, into a capacity nightmare. All of my visits I've had at GAm Bull has had outstanding operations with very quick dispatches. VR would completely screw that up.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

GuyWithAStick said:
So all forms of Raging Bull VR advertisments and info have been removed from the website and App. A recent newsletter is saying that VR will be coming to SFGAm, but never said Bull. Many people on the SFGAmWorld forum are saying that they might've changed the coaster to Demon, which is a MUCH better fit.

All we know is that VR is still happening before the summer ends, but it won't be on Raging Bull.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
This is good news. Maybe they've heard warnings from other parks how cumbersome and crap VR on good creds is.

By all means chuck it on dull creds to give them a second wind, but not on decent ones. Putting VR on Raging a Bull would be like smearing dog turd on an Aston Martin.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Off topic: Raging Bull is f**king s**t. That's all.

davidm

Strata Poster

Demon then;

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/status/761500234056818688[/tweet]

and good god, that CGI-VR looks awful in that clip.
Please stop this now. :(

--

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/a ... ws-release
At Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, riders will battle demonic creatures in Rage of the Gargoyles, the world’s first fully-integrated Virtual Reality (VR) gaming coaster experience featuring Samsung Gear headsets powered by Oculus. This highly-anticipated, completely interactive adventure will debut on the Demon roller coaster beginning August 13 with an exclusive preview to Six Flags Season Pass holders and Samsung phone owners on August 12.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: SFGAm- VR coming to Demon

Media preview is Thursday, with the opportunity for park guests who purchase a special Rage of the Gargoyles t-shirt to ride it that afternoon. It will open to season pass holders next Friday and the public next Saturday.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Re: SFGAm- VR coming to Demon

Good that it's on some average cred as opposed to a B&M.

Are they seriously making VR T-shirts now for the ride??

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: VR for SFGAm's Demon & SFDK's Kong

The same Rage of the Gargoyles VR experience is coming to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and will be on their Kong SLC starting September 24th, just in time for Fright Fest. I thought Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis was a bad choice, but this should be even worse. :roll:

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Re: VR for SFGAm's Demon & SFDK's Kong

ExpqmVN.gif