What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

Jussunen

Roller Poster
Testing video!

Video by HuvipuistoKupla.
You were faster than me with my own video! ?

I went to take some testing footage in the weekend as the park opened then. They still haven't told the name or any other information about the coaster. I really hate the way PowerPark markets even the bigger rides and don't tell any information about new rides and coasters until a few weeks before opening.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You were faster than me with my own video! ?

I went to take some testing footage in the weekend as the park opened then. They still haven't told the name or any other information about the coaster. I really hate the way PowerPark markets even the bigger rides and don't tell any information about new rides and coasters until a few weeks before opening.
Oh damn, I totally forgot you had a CF account, I apologise for that!

On another note, how many cars did you see it running? :)

Jussunen

Roller Poster
Oh, I forgot to tell about the trains. They tested with two trains and one was in a maintenance shed next to the station. So the coaster has three trains which is surprising because Junker has also three trains but they run most of the time only one on it. I thought they learned something about Junker's three trains which is way too much...

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This coaster is bizarre in many ways:

- From a marketing perspective, it looks too similar to Junker, which happens to be next door. Some non-enthusiasts could even mistake both coaster for one long coaster. Even the colour scheme is misleading. Unless PowerPark is trying to go for a brand colour scheme (a bit like Heide Park does with their white coasters with green suports) I just don't get it.
- Even the coaster type is weird. This looks quite inferior to Junker. I know it has no inversions (which helps to class this as a family thrill coaster), as it's more focused on airtimes, but I feel that they could have gone for another product. Even a spinning coaster would have not been out of place...

Last edited:

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Not totally understanding the apparent distaste for this ride. From an advertising standpoint, it sure is a head scratcher, but at a coaster it looks like a great addition that will make for an awesome trio of coasters at PowerPark. The signature element doesn't appear like it will do too much but it seems like there will be some good airtime throughout the course.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
As the great @Hixee said in what may be my new favorite expression, this thing looks "a bit pants". It's just so much... bleh. I get that it's still in initial testing but even the dummy-weighted trains barely clear the course. A baffling addition to say the least.

If it was just a liiiitttle faster it’d probably be great. I say they add 25 feet in height to the lift hill before it opens, test it that way, and call it good*

*only 80% kidding about this

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think I'm gonna have to join everyone on this one. It's just not a ride that is targeted at us.

We're all bored of eurofighters (I know this is an Infinity, but it defo is on the more eurofighter side of design), and if you're gonna do a non-inverting hyper style coaster there are far better options out there. But also... Junker has some really interesting elements! This one kinda shuffles along in empty space, it's just a weird weird choice of coaster and layout.