What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Take this with a pinch of salt, but I think this is going to be an indoor coaster. This would complement the current park line-up nicely, as besides Templo del Fuego and the Sesame Street dark ride, there are no other indoor attractions.

I was hoping for an RMC at the park, too, but we can always keep our hopes for RMC Stampida, a ground-up RMC or some sort of large raptor model, like Jersey Devil.

Last edited:

richardcrete

Mega Poster
At our on-site meeting we learned from Jordi Julià, Content Manager of PortAventura Resort - Dpt. Comercial, that there are far advanced plans to present a roller coaster European novelty in 2023 or 2024. So far, this "roller coaster type" exists only once in the world.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well it's awesome that a coaster is confirmed, however this also confirms that it won't be an Axis. It also confirms it will be a Europe's first. What coaster type only has one existing model in the world (not in Europe) that would suit PA? A Hot Racer would certainly fit that bill, and would ratify some popular rumours.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well it's awesome that a coaster is confirmed, however this also confirms that it won't be an Axis. What coaster type only has one existing model in the world that would suit PA? A Hot Racer would certainly fit that bill, and would ratify some popular rumours.
The prototype exists 🤷🏻‍♂️

Though Intend to agree with you, more likely to be a hot racer.

cookie

Giga Poster
"European novelty" that there only exists one other iteration of in the world leaves only a few options I could think of:

Intamin Hot Racer (likely option)
RMC launched topper track (second time's the charm?)
B&M launched wing coaster (too similar to Furius Baco perhaps)
Vekoma Sausalito (apparently the model name for what makes up Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind)
S&S Axis if you count the prototype

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
"European novelty" that there only exists one other iteration of in the world leaves only a few options I could think of:

Intamin Hot Racer (likely option)
RMC launched topper track (second time's the charm?)
B&M launched wing coaster (too similar to Furius Baco perhaps)
Vekoma Sausalito (apparently the model name for what makes up Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind)
S&S Axis if you count the prototype
Could also be a Vekoma tilt - only currently one in the world, Energylandia hasn't built there's yet and we still don't know for sure where the 4th will be going. However I do think the Hot Racer is the most likely option.

Matt N

CF Legend
I remember there being a rumour beforehand that PA had bought an Intamin Hot Racer, and that would make sense given that that would be both a ride type where only one other exists and a ride type unique to Europe.

So my current prediction is Intamin Hot Racer.

If they went with a Hot Racer; do we think they’d make it a somewhat less extreme ride like Big Dipper, or do we think they’d try and go properly extreme, like the RMC Raptors?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I remember there being a rumour beforehand that PA had bought an Intamin Hot Racer, and that would make sense given that that would be both a ride type where only one other exists and a ride type unique to Europe.

So my current prediction is Intamin Hot Racer.

If they went with a Hot Racer; do we think they’d make it a somewhat less extreme ride like Big Dipper, or do we think they’d try and go properly extreme, like the RMC Raptors?
I think we should look at the stock layouts from Intamin and Big Dipper to answer this. All these rides have moderate thrill layouts so it could be a good bet to assume this will be moderate thrill too. However I think there's a good chance they could go all-out here. It would be the only steel thrill coaster in this section of the park and I think it could be marketed better if it's extreme, and would certainly be more popular with thrill seekers and thoosies. In other words, what I'm trying to say is I genuinely have no idea. If Stampida wasn't right next door I would say the duelling version would be excellent but alas; it is.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you expand the search to manufacturers Parques Reunidoshave worked more with in the past - Zamperla, Gerstlauer, Maurer, and the like - what comes up then?

It's taking me a long time to convince myself this won't be hauled out of some third-rate manufacturer's bargain bin. Seeing real indications that Intamin might be involved feels so surreal.
PA isn't owned by Parques Reuindos though?

Tulum

Mega Poster
I hope PA is sane enough to buy something with a decent capacity. PA is slow already and a Hot Racer with a maximum capacity of about 800 per hour would ‘cause long lines. But perhaps they see a possibility to sell more quick passes.

I am very curious, but at the same time not expecting too much.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I really think it is too early. There is not a lot of space in that area. It boarders to the Western Show which they do not seem to touch. On the other side there is the water park and the parking lot. I would guess that there are three possibilities.

1. A smaller family coaster (which is not very likely as Tomahawk is around the corner).
2. A coaster that leaves that area and goes into the direction of Hotel Gold River or the lake.
3. A coaster that goes mostly vertical like the Zamperla Double Heart Coaster.

But those are just guesses. PA has taught me to keep my expectations low.