What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

spicy

Giga Poster
Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

Not only does it dwarf Khan, it looks **** awesome.

Smithy

Strata Poster

I reckon it'll actually improve Khan's image to newcomers somewhat. If this dwarves it (as it appears it will do) then Khan will pack a mighty surprise for those who don't expect much from it because of the size difference.

If they think Khan still is 'huge', then think what they might think of the new ride.

Also. Think of the views you're going to get. At night. At the front.

WANT

Shubinine

Mega Poster

Not to mention that the pic is largely offscale. It like doubles the height of Khan, when in reality it will only be 20 meters taller. Therefore I am to believe that the views will still be awesome, on both khan and this.

tks

Strata Poster

Ben said:
If they were actually ripping Khan out it'd be different. OMG, can you imagine.

It would be amazing. Khan is rubbish.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ lies. No B&M is rubbish.
Dragon khan will still remain amazing, and Shambhala will be just as good, probably better :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^You clearly have never ridden Iron Wolf or Silver Bullet then.

andrus

Giga Poster

Well at least Dragon Khan is certainly not rubbish!! It is an amazing coaster in an amazing location :--D Unfortunately the location won't be amazing anymore.. But it'll still ride good!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Spotted this on Screamscape:

67240d1319481516-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-th720_imag0758_1319400446.jpg

http://coastercommunity.altervista.org/ ... 28&p=32854

That looks quite small for the second element, so thats either going to be uber forceful, or we have trims like Thirteen....

andrus

Giga Poster

^Or it is really big? There's nothing in the picture you can compare the size to, so it's hard to get the scale. It looks like a really funky element though! :--D

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I just wanted to come in and trolololol and tell you all that Dragon Khan is rubbish.

But omg doesn't this look amazing from a visual perspective. Not convinced it will be interesting ride wise at all, but visually it's incredible. Fantastic colour and I love the location. Putting it next to Khan is a great idea, it says "YOU THOUGHT KHAN WAS BIG? WAIT TILL YOU SEE THIS LOLOLOL" and size can only ever be judged by comparison. At Cedar Point, everything feels small because of MF and TTD.

Kebab

Giga Poster

I can't wait to take this photo again...

RIMG0104.jpg

Looking at the sheer scale of Khan on this picture makes you realise how much of an eye-sore Shamby will be!

D1993

Hyper Poster

lol Shamby.
It will have quite the domineering effect on the skyline and views from around the park.
Id like to travel there one day ..... everything is just so far from Australia, so i'll take what the US can give me :)
That turn-around by the way looks REALLY fab!
Not B&M's usual work, which makes me very excited ..... because their usual work was amazing enough!
Hopefully we get a proper layout of Shambhala soon?
Anyone know if plans have been leaked? or whatever .....

Darren B

Giga Poster

The whole ride to me reminds me of Goliath SFOG, with the Helix and no MCBR and thats no bad thing! would love to see a top 10 Coaster at PA. And Bollocks to the skyline, I love everything about Khan as my profile says but i couldn't give a damn whether this dwarfs it or not. DK is still there, Its still going to ride exactly the same if not better with the ride interaction, and its even going to get some TLC in the closed season, So seriously guys....Chill!

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Martyn B said:
Spotted this on Screamscape:

67240d1319481516-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-th720_imag0758_1319400446.jpg

http://coastercommunity.altervista.org/ ... 28&p=32854

That looks quite small for the second element, so thats either going to be uber forceful, or we have trims like Thirteen....

Yep that is how I saw that element going as well. I think that is is alot larger than it looks in that drawing, keep in mind that is really the second element in the ride and it is coming off of a 100+ foot hill. I don't think it will be trimmed. Also if you look at the layout of the ride it appears that the lines that are perpendicular to the track shows the banking of the track, and this element has some pretty serious banking.

Ben

CF Legend

About trims.

Yes, it WILL have trims. And when we see them, can we please post like people with brains and not moan about them.

Trims are as much a part of B&M Hypers as lift hills now. They're NOT there to tame some designer's wild fantasies, but to make sure the ride runs as it was meant to. So there's no point moaning about them. We know they'll be there, and it'll still be awesome, just accept it. Hell, Behemoth has three and that ride's off the hook.

Dave

CF Legend

Construction only just starting and already onto trims. Most trims nowadays are magnetic so it's not as noticeable (apparently) as the older hydraulic ones.

Bad point about this ride is that it is still over the other side of the park, eurgh, burdensome journey....next to Khan.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXNqEURmKtA[/youtube]

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster

Dave said:
Construction only just starting and already onto trims. Most trims nowadays are magnetic so it's not as noticeable (apparently) as the older hydraulic ones.
<storytellermood>There is a little ride, in a little village called Alton. The ride was called Th13teen. This little ride has magnetic trims, and **** HELL they are noticeable.

andrus

Giga Poster

^The trims on Expedition GeForce are magnetic as well and very noticable! And they absolutely kill any possible airtime the last bunny hills would've had..

I'm not afraid of trims on Shambhala though, it can't possibly be worse than Silver Star! ^^