What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

No footers yet. Seems like they wil begin to put the footers at the end of next week

oriolat2

Giga Poster

According to zyucoaster2012, from PA-Community, who works at the park, 80% of the footers are done and we should start seeing vertical construction on Wednesday. I don't think we are going to have photos of supports until Saturday 19th since the park is only open on weekends.

For those going to PA, Khan is closing on November 20th. So, get your last rides of the season and admire the park's skyline as it was for more than 15 years....

D1993

Hyper Poster

80 Percent?!
2 weeks ago we had nothing, and now they are nearly done?
I hope thats true because thats really fast!
It is just footers though I guess.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Since the assembly of The Swarm has finished, RCS GmbH, the construction crew, has moved to PortAventura to start with Shambhala. Vertical construction should start very soon.

So far, in 2011 these people have put together Parc Asterix' new inverted coaster, Thorpe's winged coaster and now PA's hypercoaster. Sure they know how to build rides fast!

Bentleya

Mega Poster

I would assume RCS GmbH would have more than one team. A quote from they website - http://www.rcsgmbh.eu/en.html.

Bentleya said:
In all these years the RCS has built a comprehensive experience in many fields. Our team of up to 50 foremen and technicians is the most experienced and biggest one in the industry and it does not install one, but many roller coasters and other attractions in the course of a year.

RCS GmbH on RCDB > http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?order=-10&ot=2&co=9220&page=1

tucoaster

Roller Poster

th720_DSCN0284_1321752806.JPG

th720_DSCN0225_1321752730.JPG

ry1996

Mega Poster

That looks like framework for the Maintenance garage, Why are the footers so massive ?
And yeah RCS build lots of coasters at the same time, so the people that built The swarm won't be the same here.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I assume that the wrapped piece must be the motor for the lift hill.

Nice to see some steel coming to the park, even if it's just the transfer track or any minor equipment.

Nic

Strata Poster

oriolat2 said:
Not only Khan is completely dwarfed, but it seems non-existant unless you pay attention to it. I really think it's sad to see such a good coaster visually smashed by a steel monster like Shambhala. Don't get me wrong; PA is stepping in the right direction adding a much needed and supposedly good ride to their line-up but, seriously, next to Khan? :(
This is exactly how I feel, and has been since I first heard the rumours about this and its positioning. I am excited that they're getting a new ride (and a B&M at that!), but couldn't they have put it somewhere else? Khan is such an iconic shape on the skyline, both in the park and the surrounding area (you can clearly see it from Tarragona - and probably even further afield than that). Khan's silhouette on the horizon has become the park's signature, and it seems really daft to mess with that.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

I've got to hand it to the Spanish coaster communities, their on-ride photography skills are great. They should get an award or something for dedication to the art.

I can see where Nic, and others, are coming from. But just think that this will be a bigger, more dramatic, skyline that we'll come to love pretty quickly!

tucoaster

Roller Poster

New photos from last weekend
th720_Port_Aventura_217_1321829749.JPG

th720_Port_Aventura_218_1321829797.JPG

Port Aventura is opening only friday and saturday, so we have to expect new photos only on weekends :(

About the theming, there are some rumors that point that the station and cues will be a camp / something like that, related with himalaya.

The track will have some theming also. There are some rumours about a small mountain, and rocks on the floor.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Does anyone know how steep the first drop will be?
Hopefully it will be 80 degrees like Leviathan.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Siki, a trusted user from PA-Community who happens to work at the park, has confirmed that the first pieces of track have arrived at the park today. The color of the track is turquoise blue.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

oriolat2 said:
Siki, a trusted user from PA-Community who happens to work at the park, has confirmed that the first pieces of track have arrived at the park today. The color of the track is turquoise blue.
Leviathan much?

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Hixee said:
oriolat2 said:
Leviathan much?

I guess CF had some extra paint and made a deal with PA :--D But turquoise blue is certainly going to stand out against Khan.

Lofty

CF Legend

That's fantastic. I wish someone would take a photo of it. I'm probably one of the only people who loves the colour of Leviathan's track.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Vertical construction has officially started. Jivo, from Bloggercoaster.com, has been next to the construction site and has spotted different track pieces and supports. Plus there were many cranes and people everywhere.

Pics (red arrows are pointing at supports and track):

241120111.jpg

241120113.jpg

241120114.jpg

241120115.jpg

241120116.jpg

241120117.jpg

Source: Bloggercoaster.com

I know the pics might not be the best but bear in mind that the park is closed and it is extremely difficult to have quality pictures. I am sure next weekend we will have a bunch of better photos.

BTW, Khan is getting a paint job. So far, there are people inspecting the track and after that it will be painted.

Ben

CF Legend

Is that gonna be... different coloured spine and track?

Urgh.

That's FOUL.