What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

iblamefish

Roller Poster
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

tucoaster said:
3.png

Is it just me or do they seem to be getting wide as they get further away - kind of like what you'd expect from a lift hill with bunny hops coming back next to it?

The only thing is they're quite close together, so maybe not... Thoughts?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Josh73 said:
I don't think because in the first picture, the holes look like they go on for a long time. I think the station would be massive if Hixee's prediction is correct.
My issue with it being for the track is that they're too close together. It'd have to be gaining a massive amount of height very quickly to have supports that close together and of that size. Looking at Leviathan, there aren't footers anywhere near that big.

I don't think it necessarily means the station would be that big. It's hypothesising, but duel loading with some decent theming might get a station towards that kinda of size. I guess the best bet is to just wait and see what they put in there! :p

Ben

CF Legend

The land there's quite sandy, maybe whatever there is there needs deeper foundations.

A few parks have coasters that have deeper foundations than most. Can't think of any. Thorpe? It's quite common in engineering things like this though. I know things around here (as in, where I live) need deeper foundations than normal because of the land we're on, it's the same for coasters.

That's sometimes an explanation. A dull one, that doesn't include it being 500ft, but, you know.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I know when Tatsu was being built, a lot of those footers were dug very deep, but that was in part, I think, to the terrain, California earthquake standards for building, and the forces that spot faces, but there were some massive footers, seemingly similar to this size.

If rumors are true though, we only have to wait a few more hours.

D1993

Hyper Poster

DarrenBloomfield said:
Should we expect to see the plans and/or the no limits mockup of this ride on friday?

I would suspect so!
Does anyone know what the park did with this concerning Furius Baco and Dragon Khan?
After all this time, there better be an awesome detailed animation!

Shubinine

Mega Poster

Well first of all they got Khan when they opened for the first time back in 95, so I doubt anything to be out there for khan...

About Baco I did not see anything on the net either, but things may change for this ride.

I want that announcement NOW...

Lofty

CF Legend

Baco did have an announcement before it was built, I don't know how far in advance, but I remember seeing the CGI video of it. It was a video showing exactly what the ride would do, with the additional theming that it was originally meant to have..

Lofty

CF Legend

^ From a source, I'm sure was Oriol.. Lol. It was meant to be some kind of village theming, nearer to that concrete box you zip through, which is actually part of the said village.

tucoaster

Roller Poster

The official announcement is today (it's happening now).

Confirmed:
Hypercoaster
134km/h
cost: 25 million €
Name: Shambhala, Expedición al Himalaya (Expedition Himalaya)
Color: Blue and Orange

Logo and name
shambhala.jpg

Kebab

Giga Poster

^Himalaya? Wow, I can't wait to see how they do the station and the surrounding scenery, clever thinking being the backdrop of China too! I really can't wait! It's just too exciting, I actually think it's going to make the view of Khan from the entrance to a whole new level.

Shambhala, is a debatable name, it'll most likely grow on me though. Very much like Furius Baco and Sheikra did.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Ooooh. I like the blue and irange. It will look great and it will really fit the atmosphere of PA.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Shambhala?
What a weird name!
I think I like it though? It is chinese or another language for something???

Im trying to find more info on this (apparently its being announced now??), but everything is just spanish spanish and not all websites have that translate thingy.
Grrr. I want to see a layout!
According to this website:

http://en.tucoaster.com/coaster/view/sh ... alaya.html

The coaster will be 76 metres tall (249 feet) and have a 78 metre drop (256 feet). You already know what the top speed will be, but in miles its 83mph. Well that sounds absolutely freaking awesome.

Does anyone have any information concerning the layout?!? ..........

tucoaster: is the announcement thing happening now featuring a video of the layout?
Want to see sooooooo bad.

Ben

CF Legend

My Spanish seems to have stayed good enough for me to get the gist of what the forums are saying.

Five camlebacks is being thrown around, which sounds about right.

No sign of any photos though.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Im gonna have to whip out my Iphone and use itranslate. lol.
5 camelbacks sounds reallllly nice!!

As tucoaster reported that the ride will cost 25 million euros. Not sure if thats right?
I also jumped onto google to find out the exchange rate. (correct me anybody if this is wrong), but apparently one Euro is equal to 1.3798 US dollars.

So therefore Shambhala will cost approximately 34.5 million USD. HOLY CRAP.
If thats right, thats ALOT of money. Like alot. Leviathan is 28 million, so if this is 34.5 I cant wait to see what the layout will be.
So (again correct my calculations if im wrong)

Ben

CF Legend
Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

^Or, it's just that rides cost loads more in Europe than in Canada?

Don't get too excited by direct comparisons of the cost. They're different countries. Things are more expensive in Europe.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Everything that's said so far is really exciting. Great potential theme, european records broken, new school B&M hyper.

Considering some of the positive responses from Diamondback/Behemoth/Intimidator I'm really considering a nice little trip to spain next year! Is there any information on the train types in the announcement? (staggered or leviathan-y?)

Smithy

Strata Poster

Theme sounds great, stats sound great, give ME PICTURES

D1993

Hyper Poster

Ben said:
^Or, it's just that rides cost loads more in Europe than in Canada?

Don't get too excited by direct comparisons of the cost. They're different countries. Things are more expensive in Europe.

Yeah I actually did more snooping on the ride is just about over 5000 feet in length.
Thats not really extraordinary. I mean thats a good long coaster, like Diamondback, but not what I thought 34.5 million dollars was going to get.

Sucks that things are expensive there.

Ive given up trying to find photos or videos. Will just wait until tomorrow to see what the park says and if the release and videos/advertisements etc

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Will it introduce any new features or elements? B&M is going over 300ft with Leviathan, it would be amazing if they added something new with this coaster as well.