What's new

Popular food & drink trends you don’t get?

Will

Strata Poster
I concur. Too sweet.
658123.jpg

(This may be one reason why I'll be getting better acquainted with a dentist in the near future...)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Ooh, that looks delicious @Nicky Borrill! Were you selling that as a special in your restaurant or something?

I personally quite like Biscoff… I had a Biscoff & Caramel Blondie after going swimming this morning, and it was really nice! Although it helps that I love caramel, fudge and toffee flavours in general… those flavours are always my first choice from a box of chocolates!
Yes we were :)

We’ve done it a few times now, it is always the most popular dessert when it’s on. (Usually that accolade belongs to cookie dough, which is on the regular menu.)

Also… Blondie are amazing!!! My favourite is a white chocolate orange one we have on our menu sometimes.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I should probably elaborate 🤣. So like I don’t know anyone who goes to the biscuit aisle and willingly picks Biscoff out of all the options, they’re something you get on the side of a coffee that you eat for the sake of it. So yea I don’t get this recent obsession with making things Biscoff flavoured 😆

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I should probably elaborate 🤣. So like I don’t know anyone who goes to the biscuit aisle and willingly picks Biscoff out of all the options, they’re something you get on the side of a coffee that you eat for the sake of it. So yea I don’t get this recent obsession with making things Biscoff flavoured 😆
I agree... Nobody seems to buy Biscoff on their own. (although I have a customer who does ask me to pick him a case up every month or so from bookers!)

To answer your question though, Biscoff is best along side other things, so with a coffee, used in baking, the spread warmed and used as a dip or topper... On their own, they're basic... A bit like digestives... Except, unlike digestives, they do have a strong flavour that's really nice. (if you like that kind of flavour.)

What is your take on Oreos out of interest? That's another biscuit we seem to be turning into just about anything these days... Except with Oreo it even stretches to drinks too!!! (Oreo milkshake is delicious!)

Gazza

Giga Poster
Biscoff flavoured sweet treats
Yeah they even bought out a "non copyright infringing" version of flavoured milk in the biscoff type flavour, except all you could taste was the other spices they have in the biscuits, so it ended up literally tasting like hot dog water.
Only bought it once.
1648432751255.png