What's new

Pleasurewood Hills new coaster?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Martyn, please get the message that small parks like Pleasurewood Hills are aimed mainly at families with a SMALL selection of thrill rides.

You want a Euro Fighter, Gyro Swing, Top Scan, spinning coaster and a Drop Tower? Jesus.

What about Pleasure Island?

Firstly Spinning Coasters are family coasters, and even Euro Fighters have a low height restriction, so again, can be aimed at Families, and secondly, they only currently have 2 thrill rides, everything else is for families with a low height restriction.

They need something for everyone in the family to do, and there just isn't enough at PWH for anyone to do, let alone teenagers.

Jools

Giga Poster
I agree, a new coaster or ride all together is needed, plus this rumour is sort of getting more likely, especially now the park say thay might move Mellow Yellow, it's been dismantled so who knows, I still believe if it is moved that Pleasurewood Hills would put a coaster on that spot, it's big enough and seems the right place, If I was manager, I would move the Log Flume next to the Rattlesnake where the Dinosaur picnic area use to be and put Whirlwind where Mellow Yellow (or Timber Falls) was. Plus it would fit in with the Maritime and Katanga Canyony theme well too.

Makes sense to me anyway.

The ride list at Pleasurewood Hills is in need of a boost, let me see my usual:
-Shiver'm'timbers (Pirate Ship)
-Enigma (Jumbo V)
-Thunderstruck (CRAP TRISTAR)
-Mellow Yellow (Log Flume)
-Whizzy Dizzy (KMG Afterburner)
-Le Mans (Go Karts)
-Kite Flyer (Laydown roundabout thing from Zamperla)
-Wavebreaker (Waterslide)
-Wipeout (Boomerang)
-Snake In The Grass (Zierrer Figure 8)
-Dodgy Dodgems (speaks for its self)
-What ever I want to go on again.

A bit lame, but add Whirlwind (Spinning Coaster) where Log Flume was it would look like this:
-Shiver'm'timbers
-Enigma
-Thunderstruck
-Whirlwind
-Whizzy Dizzy
-Le Mans
-Kite Flyer
-Wavebreaker
-Wipeout
-Timber Falls (Mellow Yellow)
-Rattlesnake
-Dodgy Dodgems
-What ever I want to go on again

Better in my eyes

:p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Moving the Log Flume is pointless, and costly, so they wont do that.

They need to use up the empty space, so if this rumour becomes true, I think it should be placed where the Waveswinger is.

A

Anonymous

luke8 said:
Martyn, please get the message that small parks like Pleasurewood Hills are aimed mainly at families with a SMALL selection of thrill rides.

You want a Euro Fighter, Gyro Swing, Top Scan, spinning coaster and a Drop Tower? Jesus.

It gets a bit annoying hearing things like whats written in wikipedia about the proximatey of PWH. look at oakwood. If you get a decent ride that is unique to the uk or just a bit better than the norm, people will come from far. The rides need to be permanent,not fairground rides. Wipeout was a good addition that will bring in the locals, but to get others you need something like a mega-lite. maybe that might be expensive, so they could try something from mack like blue fire. Or even a woodie. Their are deals to be made out there.....please!!!!

Jools

Giga Poster
Actually this topic was made before that was written in wikipedia, so don't jump to conclusions.

A

Anonymous

Jools said:
Actually this topic was made before that was written in wikipedia, so don't jump to conclusions.

I think think you'll find that its been written there since last year, so don't write things unless you know they are fact.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It gets a bit annoying hearing things like whats written in wikipedia about the proximatey of PWH. look at oakwood. If you get a decent ride that is unique to the uk or just a bit better than the norm, people will come from far. The rides need to be permanent,not fairground rides. Wipeout was a good addition that will bring in the locals, but to get others you need something like a mega-lite. maybe that might be expensive, so they could try something from mack like blue fire. Or even a woodie. Their are deals to be made out there.....please!!!!

Whilst I do understand what you're saying, my my idea's that I planned above are, should we call it 'a srvivial package'. They are just idea's to get the park going. If all my ideas were put in place, and the park became very popular etc, they could then start doing bigger and better things, like re-placing Rattlesnake with a Bobsled coaster, or an SLC where the Go-Karts.

I too hate the sight of travelling/portable rides, that Is why I wrote 'permanent' next to the rides that could be bought as portable.

As it stands, this coaster for Pleasurewood would be a good idea at this time.

The main problem is, too many people think through there 'coaster entusiast' brain, people keep saying things like a Woodie or now a Mega Lite. The park needs a sensible plan (like what I've planned) to sort themelves out and make the park more enjoyable with more things to do.

luke8

Mega Poster
Please, explain to me how your 'plans' are in the slightest bit feasible and sensible Martyn?

You want a Rapids Ride, Space Shot Tower, Top Scan, Spinning Coaster, Euro Fighter, Ferris Wheel and a Gyro swing within a few years? No park in the world, ever would build such things in a short space of time. It just isn't viable.

Your posts really are very contradictory, too.

In your first post, where you announced your 'plans', the frost line stated the fact you are annoyed that bigger attractions aren't getting built because you know they are rich and have good backing.

3 lines down, you say you'd rather them buy second hand Whirlwind, rather than a new coaster because of money issues and the credit crunch/the 'world as it is right now'.

What happened to the good investment potential from Walibi and the great financial backing?

Then, in that same post you say how you'd love Whilrwind to come in. Your next post, you say how you absolutely HATE travelling rides. Erm, ever rode Whirlwind, or even read about it? It's mounted on a trailer and on a steal frame base. It'd cost millions to take it off that, so yeah, I thought you hated travelling rides?

Basically, it's clear Pleasurewood want some thrill rides, but mainly focusing on the Family market, as they know there never going to compete with other 'thrill' parks in the country.

If they wanted to build such radically big thrill rides like you've suggested, they would have done so by now.

Chances are, they will add some thrills like Wipeout on a regular basis, and Whirlwind may indeed be the next.

but trust me, they'll NEVER even consider such a plan, mate.

Dave

CF Legend
Moving Whirlwind to PWH is a rubbish idea!

I know where to send it, to HELL! ;)

I hate that ride so much, it should be melted down, ive never been so much pain.

A

Anonymous

Whilst I do understand what you're saying, my my idea's that I planned above are, should we call it 'a srvivial package'. They are just idea's to get the park going. If all my ideas were put in place, and the park became very popular etc, they could then start doing bigger and better things, like re-placing Rattlesnake with a Bobsled coaster, or an SLC where the Go-Karts.

I too hate the sight of travelling/portable rides, that Is why I wrote 'permanent' next to the rides that could be bought as portable.

As it stands, this coaster for Pleasurewood would be a good idea at this time.

The main problem is, too many people think through there 'coaster entusiast' brain, people keep saying things like a Woodie or now a Mega Lite. The park needs a sensible plan (like what I've planned) to sort themelves out and make the park more enjoyable with more things to do.

When I say woodie, I'm not thinking as an enthusiast!! This a realistic target for a aprk like PWH. I mean look at oakwood with megaphobia.. you don't think people come from all over the country to look at the sheep, do you? No they go there because its the only park in the country with a decent woodie not to mention the fact it is highly rated worldwide. Holiday Park does'nt hardly have anything there apart from........Expedition GeForce!!! Thats why people visit that.

Now the GP are not gonna come from all over for an SLC....!!!! Come on...!! But something unique like say a Mack hyper or a Giovanola Flyer...I know they don't exist but they could and PWH could be the first to have one.. a prototype which they could possibly do a DEAL for like what Oakwood did all those years ago....

I'm not expecting the owners to start spending loads of money on PWH..lets face it walibi world does'nt seem to get updated very often, likewise with Parc Asterix, but I just think that PWH is a new park for them and maybe they see potential that others have'nt. Even if they got the park up to a similar standard as Walibi then that would'nt be too bad....Goliath, Robin Hood and then a bunch of crap to fill in the spaces...that would be alright.

With regards to whirlwind, its not the way forward...throughout PWH's time they have had old fair rides....If you want to become a "THEME" park you have to have permanent rides that are....."THEMED". A better idea would be to get permanent flat ride like a fabbri drop, something cheap but something to thrill. Then talk with some people and get something cheap but cheerful....after seeing Blue Fire I'd love to see a mack hyper....oo a mack mega lite :lol:

Anyways I just wanted to add my 50 cents.

A

Anonymous

^One thing you don't seem to realise is that the GP don't really care about the manurfactorer of the ride itself. You also under estimate why people travel to parks in the first place. The park needs a good lineup/atmosphere for people to visit there. You can't just plonk a massive ride there and hope people will come from miles around.

Its perfectly feasable in my opinion for people to travel large distances for a SLC. I mean look at the likes of Infusion, Kumili or oddessy. People travel distances for those.

Also just because a manufactures not a leader in the buisness, dosnt mean thier rides are so much cheaper. I mean, mack arnt cheap, blue fire must have cost a hell of alot of money.

As for the whirlwind, i think it'd be a good adittion for PWH, if they overhauled it abit etc, it'd be perfect.

Ollie

CF Legend
Dave said:
Moving Whirlwind to PWH is a rubbish idea!

I know where to send it, to HELL! ;)

I hate that ride so much, it should be melted down, ive never been so much pain.
I rode the clone of it at the German fair last year and it wasn't bad at all. It certainly isn't the best spinning coaster out there, but it's hardly rubbish or painful.

Ben

CF Legend
^You may have ridden a clone, but that doesn't tell you how much Whirlwind SUCKED

Hell, I've been on four versions of it now, three of them were GREAT. Whirlwind, however, was terrible.

So, yes, Whilrwind was rubbish and painful. And riding a clone doesn't mean you know what Whirlwind was like :p.

A

Anonymous

I bet Mack are a hell of a lot cheaper than intamin and B&M!! And the people who go and visit kumali from a far are enthusiasts, the same people that would visit PWH for a unique coaster. Another thing, I'm sure people don't go to oakwood for the atmosphere....coz there isn't any!!!
But thanks for your opinion. Thats what this forums for......whirlwind sucks!:-D

tks

Strata Poster
jayron7 said:
When I say woodie, I'm not thinking as an enthusiast!! This a realistic target for a aprk like PWH. I mean look at oakwood with megaphobia.. you don't think people come from all over the country to look at the sheep, do you? No they go there because its the only park in the country with a decent woodie

Have you heard of Blackpool?

A

Anonymous

tks said:
jayron7 said:
When I say woodie, I'm not thinking as an enthusiast!! This a realistic target for a aprk like PWH. I mean look at oakwood with megaphobia.. you don't think people come from all over the country to look at the sheep, do you? No they go there because its the only park in the country with a decent woodie

Have you heard of Blackpool?

No, sorry, I live out in the sticks where we don't get out much...............

I said DECENT woodie............

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Oakwood with no atmosphere? Someone needs to open their eyes...

I would rather have a ride put into Pleasurewood instead of nothing. So I would be grateful if Whirlwind does crop up in Pleasurewood.

A

Anonymous

10WaTT said:
Oakwood with no atmosphere? Someone needs to open their eyes...

I would rather have a ride put into Pleasurewood instead of nothing. So I would be grateful if Whirlwind does crop up in Pleasurewood.

Ok, maybe I was a bit hasty with no atmosphere at Oakwood thing, but you get the picture. I'd rather go to park with a decent ride than one with a good atmosphere. I still think Whirlwind is not the way forward though....

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
^Don't worry I completely understood what you mean when it comes down to the nitty gritty, but even my bedroom has atmosphere so I had to say something.

I would say 80 (perhaps higher) percentage of people living in East Anglia haven't even heard of Camelot, so if word gets out that Pleasurewood Hills are getting a new coaster its already good advertisement for the park and will get people intruiged. Wipeout did good things for Pleasurewood, so if Wipeout can do it I believe Whirlwind can too. :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
You want a Rapids Ride, Space Shot Tower, Top Scan, Spinning Coaster, Euro Fighter, Ferris Wheel and a Gyro swing within a few years?

So you think a few flat rides and a couple of cheap coasters in a 3-5 year perisod isn't viable? Then you are just a moron and should be quiet.

3 lines down, you say you'd rather them buy second hand Whirlwind, rather than a new coaster because of money issues and the credit crunch/the 'world as it is right now'.

I wouldn't rather they bought a new model, but getting a secondhand cheper model would be the most sensible thing to do, surely? Why buy a brand new spinning coaster, when a cheaper second hand one will do the same thing.

Then, in that same post you say how you'd love Whilrwind to come in. Your next post, you say how you absolutely HATE travelling rides.

I do hate travelling rides, but coasters aren't so bad as you can cover it up easily, and like I said, Whirlind would just be a 'survival' coaster, the park needs more attractions, and this would suit it fine.

Basically, it's clear Pleasurewood want some thrill rides, but mainly focusing on the Family market

Thats the thing, they're not focusing on anything, as they're not bloody adding anything. Wipeout was new for 2007, and before then, Thunderstruck, possibly the worst, most boring flat ride in existance was added in 2005, and that was just to replace the Mega Drop <3

If they wanted to build such radically big thrill rides like you've suggested, they would have done so by now.

LOL, name one please, which was so radically big?

Now the GP are not gonna come from all over for an SLC....!!!!

More chance of them coming from 'all over' for just an SLC as appose to a Woodie, SLC's will be more appealing to the GP than just a wooden coaster.

And Oakwood is alot bigger than PWH, I dont think you realise how small PWH is.