What's new

Pleasurewood Hills Log Flume Makeover

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'll never understand the point of revamping a generic log flume anyway, and it does look awful. If the brown is meant to look wooden then they picked the wrong brown. It looks nasty.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
HarryBoyy said:
It would be good to put a rollercoaster in the place where Timber Falls is because then they can make another big ride in that park like the boomerang, Wipeout, and put the log flume somewhere else

Corrected!

After seeing some shots of it now, I'd have preferred it to still be tacky blue, and as Jordan said, what additional value will thsi bring to the park? Surely it is a waste of time, money and resources.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
Surely it is a waste of time, money and resources.

Try see it from the managers point of view.

I have no idea what kind of crowds it brings in, but I can imagine it being pretty popular. So why scrap something thats doing a good job.

Maybe they thought, it needs some new trough panels so we may aswell paint it while we have a chance and its out of action.

In my eyes and opinion, its a good thing for Pleasurewood. The ride name is a little less corny and it doesn't look like the inside of a Ryanair aeroplane (No offence Mushy) ;)

You know what they say, everything is done for a reason and I'm sure they have a good one.

Jools

Giga Poster
10WaTT said:
ciallkennett said:
Surely it is a waste of time, money and resources.

Try see it from the managers point of view.

I have no idea what kind of crowds it brings in, but I can imagine it being pretty popular. So why scrap something thats doing a good job.

Maybe they thought, it needs some new trough panels so we may aswell paint it while we have a chance and its out of action.

In my eyes and opinion, its a good thing for Pleasurewood. The ride name is a little less corny and it doesn't look like the inside of a Ryanair aeroplane (No offence Mushy) ;)

You know what they say, everything is done for a reason and I'm sure they have a good one.

Totally agree, the ride was in an appaling condition, and the water was green, and as they were doing the maintainence, they still had some paint left from Wipeout I believe and they used some on Timber Falls, so technically it's recycling and not wasting resources, I also believe they have replaced the motors on the lifts.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Ok, maybe it's been given some TLC, but I still don't see how re-theming, if you can put it at that, will help them financially. Ok, maybe in the long term with maintenance costs, but it won't exactly bring the crowds flogging to PWH. They might advertise it as a 'new ride' probably...

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I think you need to remember that Pleasurewood Hills isn't the biggest theme park in the UK.
Your making it sound like they need to add a huge attraction to bring in punters and bring in some money, but this simply isn't going to happen instantly, so a re-theme of the log flume is a nice little touch for the time being, until they can afford another nice new (or second hand) attraction in the future.

You should be happy that they actual want to make their log flume look better than what it did and I wish people would be happy with what they have got and stop wanting more just because they are greedy and want a new ride.

Nick

Mega Poster
^ I agree with 10Watt. When I last went to Pleasurewood (which was ages ago) the log flume was probably the second most popular ride in the park (after cannon ball). It's unbelievable how popular log flumes are, and the GP don't know that this is just a crappy generic design.

So really, this is one of PH major attractions, and it makes perfect sense for them to keep it good condition as long as they can. The simply can't afford, or have any reason, to get rid of functional, popular rides.

nadroJ

CF Legend
When I went Pleasurewood Hills I was really disappointed. I had higher expectations than what I was met with, it just seems to me that they could have invested in something a lot more worthwhile than a crappy old log flume.

Obviously, with the addition of Wipeout (excellently themed might I add for a boomerang) the park is on the up and with the masses of space it has tons of potential. I just don't see how re-theming a log flume is really the way to go about achieving that potential.

Jools

Giga Poster
Why is everyone going on about retheming it, the ride has been at the park since 1992 and this is the first time all of the motors have been replaced etc, I think the maintainence cost may have risen abit, and the ride has been getting stuck alot recently, so in the long run it's actually cheaper, a rename doesn't really cost the park money, the only thing it would have cost them is the name on the sign by the entrance, and I think they already had the paint anyway.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The Log flume was hardly re-themed though!?!

This is spot on:

Near enough all of the troughs had to be placed. It was very old and now looks like a brand new attraction. It doesn't look as tacky as it did, and thats one of the awful names gone as well!

The only thing I dont get is why they adjusted the queue line and exit, that seemed pretty pointless and it looks very plain. Though chances are more things could happen with at the end of the season. They were in a rush to get it back open during the holidays.

Jools

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
The Log flume was hardly re-themed though!?!

This is spot on:

Near enough all of the troughs had to be placed. It was very old and now looks like a brand new attraction. It doesn't look as tacky as it did, and thats one of the awful names gone as well!

The only thing I dont get is why they adjusted the queue line and exit, that seemed pretty pointless and it looks very plain. Though chances are more things could happen with at the end of the season. They were in a rush to get it back open during the holidays.

Couldn't have concluded up this topic better than that myself.