What's new

Pleasurewood Hills Log Flume Makeover

Jools

Giga Poster
It has been confirmed that Pleasurewood Hills' Mellow Yellow Log Flume attraction will have a makeover and new name of "Timber Falls".
The ride has been dismantled, and put in the carpark, maybe they will move the Log Flume and place a coaster in it's place as there seems to be alot of talk about Whirlwind coming to Pleasurewood.

Link: http://www.unofficialpleasurewood.co.uk/

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The name of the link tells us a lot about the reliability of this site, but nonetheless, there are pictures :p

Where Mellow Yellow currently resides would be ideal for Whirlwind, if the rumours of it's move are true, and a new make-over should make it look less 'plasticy' and temporary.

I do hope they don't rid of Mellow Yellow as it is a very good log flume.

Looks like PWH is moving on up.

Jools

Giga Poster
But it's not freewebs, plus the guy who runs that site works for pleasurewood I think.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well the name is a massive improvement, so good start.

But I cant help but think its a bit pointless doing this, it is an old Log Flume, though it is good, but a new attraction, like the rapids that LWV are getting, would be a better thing for money to be spent on IMO.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I disagree. Lightwater's "new" ride is a quick-fix, temporary, rented attraction that will only be there for a season or two.

A decent retheme on a popular ride and freeing up space for a possible coaster, even if it is just Whirlwind, is a much better move in the long run.

Nic

Strata Poster
as long as you can still watch people getting soaked on the 1st corner, its good.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I disagree. Lightwater's "new" ride is a quick-fix, temporary, rented attraction that will only be there for a season or two.

A decent retheme on a popular ride and freeing up space for a possible coaster, even if it is just Whirlwind, is a much better move in the long run.

It not freeing up any space though as its not beign moved. And the Rapids at WMSP look very good IMO and I'd like to see some of them at Pleasurewood, there is a major lack of attractions and they would fill a gap. They're good fun, and dont look so tacky when they're themed.

Mike

Giga Poster
The log flume has been in that same location for years and years, and no matter how many times they change it's name, or give it a "theme", it's always going to be that same old crappy travelling flume. :p

Jools

Giga Poster
Mike said:
The log flume has been in that same location for years and years, and no matter how many times they change it's name, or give it a "theme", it's always going to be that same old crappy travelling flume. :p

Is there any clones of PWHs flume in the UK?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^I dont think so. Well I haven't come across any.

I've always like the Log Flume at Pleasurewood, dont no why really, probably because I used to go on it when I was a wee baby! It gives you a nice soaking as well.

luke8

Mega Poster
Theres a clone on the European Fair Circuit, which Im sure has visited some fairs in the UK two or three times. I've seen photos of it.

But yeah, still a crappy travelling model, as Mike said :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Are you sure you're not thinking of them Wild River flumes that keep popping up everywhere?

(Bottons, WMSP, Paultons)

Jools

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
^ Are you sure you're not thinking of them Wild River flumes that keep popping up everywhere?

(Bottons, WMSP, Paultons)

And Brean, and what Lightwater Valley use to have before Grizzly...

I aswell like the Pleasurewood log flume, cuts out a lot of the slow crap that you find on Flumes such as Alton's and Blackpools had a lot of it too, decent height and gets you nice and wet, not inuendo :wink:.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Does anybody know when they expect to re-open it as 'Timber Falls'?

Will it be 2010 or will it be sometime this season?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Does anybody know when they expect to re-open it as 'Timber Falls'?

Will it be 2010 or will it be sometime this season?

Sometime this year, its not open yet though. Theres lots of ground work being done around the ride. It also had lots of sections of trough replaced, its looks almost like a brand new attraction:

pleasurewood_hills_timber_april_1.jpg

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ I saw when I went a few weeks back. It looks nasty in my opinion, much prefer the old colours even if they look tacky and plastic.

Nevertheless...

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
It would be good to put a rollercoaster in the place where mellow yellow was because then they can make another big ride in that park like the boomerang [cant remember the name] and put the log flume somewhere else