What's new

Pleasurewood Hills 2016

Martyn B

CF Legend
The guys at Pleasurewood have recently put up a teaser on Facebook:

Accompanied by "Biggest crane we've ever seen at PWH, early Christmas present maybe? ;) "

Something worth keeping an eye on (although the teasers for 2015 ended up being Dodgems...)

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I'm going to take a wild guess now and see how close I am later: a medium sized drop tower like Detonator. (Unless they have one already? I don't really know the parks line up all that well)

Realistic thing I would like it to be: GG family woodie. They may suprise us!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^They do have a Fabbri drop tower called the Jolly Roger.

I'm thinking another type of taller ride. Possibly a Funtime Starflyer?

Martyn B

CF Legend
A Star Flyer would make sense for park like PWH.

Go back 5 years, and the thought of someone suggesting a Woodie at PWH would be ridiculous, but with how the current owners are pumping money into the place, I genuinely think it could be a possibility in a few more years.

Lofty

CF Legend
It seems that things are gonna look up for the park in the coming year or two, in many different ways...

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Surely a Roar o Saurus clone wouldn't break the bank? Are PWH too poor to afford something like that?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^The fact that they can afford "The biggest crane PWH has ever seen", I'm fairly certain they can afford a small GG woodie. Not to mention that large scale woodies tend to be around $7,000,000, I'm sure Roar-o-Saurus would be at most $2,000,000. However, with the biggest crane they've ever seen, and the fact that they have a Boomerang has me doubting a small 40 foot woodie.

If they have a crane that size, it's either for something tall, or something that's wide. Roar o Saurus isn't either of those. But I can see a small woodie(hopefully GG) coming in the next few years.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Pleased to see this! Staying positive so far. If I remember from last year they're quite good with teaser updates so it shouldn't be long before we have some more info.

They also confirmed that the drop tower isn't going (as they have photos of it being dismantled for winter) so it is reasonable to suggest that this the new ride isn't a taller drop tower replacement.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If they really do only cost £2m, I'd say the parent company can afford it. But the park isn't making enough money at the moment to warrant spending that much (that's my guess).

Lofty

CF Legend
The parent company doesn't want to invest heavily in the park though, this is the issue. Their idea of investing in the park was adding new signage and a second hand mouse.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
The parent company doesn't want to invest heavily in the park though, this is the issue. Their idea of investing in the park was adding new signage and a second hand mouse.

It sounds like this parent company need to stop being pussies and have some ambition! If I was in charge, instead of adding crappy little **** every year I would have some restraint and patience to save up for bigger investments. It wouldn't surprise me if this teaser ends up being some sh it like a kids 4D cinema smh but overall I'm optimistic it'll be something cool, it is the biggest crane they've ever needed after all.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Well, nobody said Six Flags would be getting any B&Ms after the '08/'09 economy crash, now SFGAm has X-Flight. If Six Flags is willing to buy something worthwhile, then I'm sure these people can.

Also, I was saying $2,000,000 USD. In British Pound, that's about £1,300,000. I'm very certain they can afford one. Maybe they won't get one this year, but they can definitely get one.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I know this is your typical "someone told me" post but I have reason to believe it could be Twist n Shout from Loudoun.

Lofty

CF Legend
GuyWithAStick said:
Well, nobody said Six Flags would be getting any B&Ms after the '08/'09 economy crash, now SFGAm has X-Flight. If Six Flags is willing to buy something worthwhile, then I'm sure these people can.

Also, I was saying $2,000,000 USD. In British Pound, that's about £1,300,000. I'm very certain they can afford one. Maybe they won't get one this year, but they can definitely get one.
Please don't tell me you're comparing Pleasurwood Hills to Six Flags?!

You have to realise that Pleasurewood Hills doesn't cater for the 'uk' much like Towers or Thorpe do. PWH has a tiny amount in comparison and relies on the Great Yarmouth summer trade and locals to support it - it gets absolutely DEAD a lot of the time.

They have absolutely no reason to build a woodie, it won't get them anywhere. They'll just get used to whacking in any old **** on their concrete areas and their guests being fulfilled. I compare the park to a permanent travelling fairground, that's very much how it feels when you're there. They truly are trying to turn around the perception of the park, but there truly isn't much point.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Temleh said:
I know this is your typical "someone told me" post but I have reason to believe it could be Twist n Shout from Loudoun.

Edit: I thought this was some **** ass wild mouse but its actually an awesome Schwarzkopf coaster!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Thekingin64 said:
Not sure where you got yours from but Loudoun's Twist and Shout is the old Schwarzkopf Looping Star from Dreamland.

Ah my bad, wasn't sure what I was looking for! This would be dope as ****, I really hope its this! I've always wanted to ride one of Schwarzkopf's perfectly circular loops, its goals <3