What's new

Pleasure Beach Bling Sold

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Bling is not awesome trust me.

It has spent more of 2010 shut than open and has tested PB's patience more than enough to force them into a removal.

I am glad it's going, it will be replaced in 2012, the money it has been sold for has been thrown into the Nick Land budget.

A direct replacement for Bling will appear in 2012.

Lofty

CF Legend
^Bling (Zierer Star Shape) IS a good ride. The actual ride cycle they run it on was DIRE. If you compare that to the travelling fairs of Europe (High Energy) it was pathetic, they run theirs on a fantastic cycle.

I have no idea why Bling had SO many problems and caused a nuisance, it goes beyond me how a travelling showman could keep his/hers in top condition and a park, with a lot more money, couldn't achieve that. Maybe it was a problem with that actual ride, but in that case surely they would have contacted Zierer?

Martyn B

CF Legend
In theory, the love child of a Top Scan and an Afterburner *should* be awsome, but Bling was pretty dire.

I hope it stays around here though, its uniquely dire ;)

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I never got to ride Bling, which is unfortunate since I love spin and spew rides. I'd love to find a travelling one to see what they're like. It does look like an Afterburner mixed with a TopScan as Martyn said, both of which rides I find AMAZING. It's a shame these type of rides are so tame unless they're at a fair...why IS that?

Rob

Mega Poster
I'd argue Bling wasn't dire, certainly not by Submission's standards. The ride was on an exceptionally tame cycle, however, In it's first few seasons, it did pack a little more of a punch.

As for the travelling vs. park argument; Most flat rides are designed to operate for a few days, be pulled down, allowed a thorough maintenance inspection, moved, reconstructed, and operated for a few days. Park models are generally just a more permanent adaption of the travelling counter part, and the areas that are easily accessed and maintained during fair set up's/pull down's are not very easy to get at. The maintenance cycle is also heavily altered due to the need for around 200 days of constant operation.

The same can be said for any flat, Ripsaw, Rush, Slammer, Vortex, Bling, Samurai; as long as there is a heavy workload on the ride, there will be failures, and flat rides tend to be substantially more complex machines than coasters.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Scott88 said:
A direct replacement for Bling will appear in 2012.

That's good, but I doubt that they will be able to find a 'better than Bling' experience for that footprint. I use that term referring to Bling on a good day, as I appreciate you can't have a ride in a park that is closed more than it's open *points to half of Submission*. I loved Bling though, and it is a shame that, for some reason or another, it's unreliability got the better of it.

Wierd, I remember when it arrived and I thought it was gross, had a horrible name and was a terrible addition. Now I'm gutted to see it leave, wierd how things grow on you sometimes isn't it?

alexr

Hyper Poster
Also to add to this another ride has been sold to Norman from Beaver Creek
Link; http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... p?f=6&t=79
PC090421.jpg

More pictures on link.

It's beaver creeks helicopters and some scenery From the area , As seen in the link.

Martyn B

CF Legend
We need a page to keep up with the on goings at New Pleasureland.... RCDB have given up, and we could be loosing out on some awsome rides that we dont even know about!

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
^ If people post things to Duane - he'll update, I think it's almost got to the point where dare I say it, 'the kind of people' who do take note of what's going on and actively update sites like RCDB have given up because it just changes too damn often.

Also, the only way of finding out exactly what's there (and operating!) is to head down there.

Lofty

CF Legend
^I could do that part of it. I only live around 20 minutes away from Southport, it sadly means GOING to Southport though, it's such a dive!

rickydoodle

Roller Poster
I have very little love for Bling - it's just a shame that the park has lost other spin rides like Spin Dr, Millennium Bug & Black Hole in the same decade. And I guess Turtle Chase, Trauma Towers & Whip on a lower level.

Also - the park has lost three dark rides over the past few years. Noah's Ark, Trauma Towers & Space Invader.

Nickelodeon Land is going to be fantastic, no doubt - it's just pretty worrying what has disappeared.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont think the problem with RCDB is 'who' is emailing them, its just the line up is ever changing, so he cant be bothered to update it. I dont blame him at all.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Exactly. The coasters there this year were changing on a weekly basis. It was just too much of a pain in the arse to try and keep track of what was there.

Dan Farrell

Roller Poster
Why is every ride up used to love going up for sale!? This I like when I used to play rollercoaster tycoon ANSI was tunning out if money and gad to use the dollar sign sell thing. FFs.

I haven't got much time so all I'm gobs say is ... Damn iPhone!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Bling will hopefully have a direct replacement in 2012, saying that, it is still standing at PB!

alexr

Hyper Poster
This was posted on Pleasure Beach expreience by some one who's nearly always right, has been right in the past as well.

Bling is set to be removed on Wednesday the 19th of January but it will not be replaced until further notice. It will be dismantled bit by bit and parts stored from next week.

Link to topic, Also mentioned in is that Plans for a coaster have been pushed back to 2013
Link.
http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... 2970#p2970

Shame Bling is going and will not be part of the line up as there's not much at that side of the park to help Capacity and chances are the park shall be busy.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
In typical PB fashion, they've made a u-turn regarding the future of Bling.

It'll be open for the "Wow Weekends" to start the new season.