What's new

Plans for 2009

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, although all the spaces are taken up now unfortunately.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'm looking forward to my first non-uk park; Port Aventura!

I'll be renewing my Annual Pass so at least 1 trip to all of the merlin parks.

Also hoping to get to Oakwood (and survive), Paultons, some of the coastline amusment parks, like hayling island.

And with any luck 1 trip up north to LWV and Flamingo Land.

So a good few new credits for me this year.

(edit: grammer correction)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be doing many of the same parks I did this year with three major trips added in for good measure.
Mutiple trips to all my local parks (SFGAdv, Dorney, Lake Compounce, SFNE, Knoebels, Lakemont Park, Hershey, Morey's Pier, Castaway Cove, BGE, SFAmerica, Kings Dominion, Coney Island & Rye) are no-brainers, but I'll add Clementon & Sesame Place to the list for some newness.
If Hard Rock Park somehow manages to open I be there in a flash before they close again. I'll also do SFOG & Carowinds (have to check out the new Vekoma trains on Cobra) again, with Dollywood as the new park for that trip.
Then I'll be adding five new parks: Kings Island, SFKK, Holiday World, Indiana Beach & Fun Spot to one of my Cedar Point/Waldameer trips (Kings Island twice if we do a Live there - hint hint again).
For Labor Day weekend we'll head back up to Canada's Wonderland with the usual stops at SeaBreeze, Niagara Falls, MFI, Waldameer & Kennywood, plus MarineLand thrown in as a new park.
I'll also be going back to Florida (2-3 times) to visit my sister & father (& hopefully Stephen) where we'll do SWO (Manta baby!), Universal, Fun Spot & BGA (no more Disney for me).
Then there are the three major trips:
One will be Texas, with stops at SFFT, SFOT, SWSA, Kemah Boardwalk, Schlitterbahn & Kiddie Park of San Antonio (to see the first coaster I ever rode after all these years LOL).
Another major trip will be L.A. (with a possible stop in Las Vegas) to visit SFMM, Knott's Berry Farm, USH, SWSD & Disney's California Adventure (perhaps Dinseyland as well).
The final major trip will be back home to Deutschland for the Oktoberfest & Volksfest along with visits to Nürburgring, Phantasialand, Europa Park & Holiday Park (perhaps Movie Park as well, but I doubt it).

So an even bigger year than 2008 for me & mine is in the works. I just hope I can pull it all off. :wink:

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Without a doubt I can forcast the 2009 season for me:

Chessie x2
Alton x2
Adventure Island x1
Thorpe x100....
Blackpool x1

Maybe's:

Other UK parks.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I should also be hitting #150 (since I'm at 149), and if all goes to plan, #200 could be in the USA, possibly even Cedar Point...

Woot for milestones

Error

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:

Mind meeting myself and Peter there? I was hoping to get a guide there this year, and the more the merrier.

As always, I'll be going to CP this year once for the live, and try to go to whatever the other park is, since I've missed the last 2 almost entirely.

Definates:
Cedar Point
Fun Spot (2/3 new credits)

Possibles:
Michigan's Adventure (1)
King's Island (11)
Indiana Beach (6)
Holiday World (3)
Six Flags Over Georgia
Waldameer

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I'll do my best, but with my busy schedule it will more than likely up to you two to meet up with us there (if you know what I mean). I'll let you know when we'll be there well ahead of time, so you can make plans.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
As many UK lives as the schedule will allow (obviously) and the Denmark trip, which I think will be Epic (full of perfect-for-CF parks) and maybe Toverland/Efteling/Heide Park unless Heide Park is part of the Denmark trip.

Also, I'd quite like a weekender doing both the Italian parks and visting Finland to do the three parks there. Furthermore, Oktoberfest is something I really want to experience.

But really who knows, if this time last year you'd have told me I'd have ridden 86 new coasters and gone to parks in Belgium, Germany and Holland, not to mention a dozen or so new parks in the UK, I'd have said you were crazy.

But who knows, if Ryanair get their £8 transatlantic flights sorted soon I could be visiting the states or going to New Zealand for sister's wedding (I've already got the NZ credits but I might have to break the flight up with stopovers in Dubai/Korea!)

That's one of the things I like best about CF, you never really know where you'll end up and what you'll be doing, so here's to a few surprises in '09.

wash

Mega Poster
If Hard Rock Park is open this season, I'll be there. I might go to SFOG, but beyond that I have no idea.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I'll go to Denmark with Coasterforce, and myself and my brother are going to Amsterdam in April, so we will drive out to Walibi World for the day.

Apart from that, just the UK Lives I can get to, no busier than this year, havn't the time.

Mike

Giga Poster
I shall hopefully be doing the TPR West Coast trip, and maybe Las Vegas as well.
I'm also wanting to get to a few CF Lives as well, and a trip to Thorpe seems definite.

Other than these, I'm not sure yet.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Definates -

Thorpe,
Adventure Island
Disneyland Paris
Chessington
Legoland
Blackpool
Europa Park
Denmark Trip

Possibles -
Six Flags Great Adventure
Las Vegas

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
East Coast(er) General said:
I'll be doing many of the same parks I did this year with three major trips added in for good measure.
Mutiple trips to all my local parks (SFGAdv, Dorney, Lake Compounce, SFNE, Knoebels, Lakemont Park, Hershey, Morey's Pier, Castaway Cove, BGE, SFAmerica, Kings Dominion, Coney Island & Rye) are no-brainers, but I'll add Clementon & Sesame Place to the list for some newness.
If Hard Rock Park somehow manages to open I be there in a flash before they close again. I'll also do SFOG & Carowinds (have to check out the new Vekoma trains on Cobra) again, with Dollywood as the new park for that trip.
Then I'll be adding five new parks: Kings Island, SFKK, Holiday World, Indiana Beach & Fun Spot to one of my Cedar Point/Waldameer trips (Kings Island twice if we do a Live there - hint hint again).
For Labor Day weekend we'll head back up to Canada's Wonderland with the usual stops at SeaBreeze, Niagara Falls, MFI, Waldameer & Kennywood, plus MarineLand thrown in as a new park.
I'll also be going back to Florida (2-3 times) to visit my sister & father (& hopefully Stephen) where we'll do SWO (Manta baby!), Universal, Fun Spot & BGA (no more Disney for me).
Then there are the three major trips:
One will be Texas, with stops at SFFT, SFOT, SWSA, Kemah Boardwalk, Schlitterbahn & Kiddie Park of San Antonio (to see the first coaster I ever rode after all these years LOL).
Another major trip will be L.A. (with a possible stop in Las Vegas) to visit SFMM, Knott's Berry Farm, USH, SWSD & Disney's California Adventure (perhaps Dinseyland as well).
The final major trip will be back home to Deutschland for the Oktoberfest & Volksfest along with visits to Nürburgring, Phantasialand, Europa Park & Holiday Park (perhaps Movie Park as well, but I doubt it).

So an even bigger year than 2008 for me & mine is in the works. I just hope I can pull it all off. :wink:

Jesus! Are you planning on doubling your count or something?! I'm expecting a whole lot of trip reports from you! I was going to see if you would be interested in meeting Pat and me at Michigan's Adventure one day, but it doesn't look like you're going to be able to. Who knows, maybe we'll meet you at another park.

PLCP said:
I know I'm going to WDW and Cedar Point so far...

Nothing else is definite at the moment...

Dude, we're definitely gonna do King's Island and Michigan's Adventure. We just need to set the dates when the time comes.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Definates:
-Thorpe (bout 4 times) +1 extra credit on SAW
-Chessie (once or twice)

Hopefully
-Paultons (3 new credits there for me)
-Adventure Island
-CF Denamrk trip. The parks in Denmark look so good from reading trip reports and after meeting loads of people at GF, it looks like a superb trip.