What's new

Plans for 2009

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Where are you guys planning on going for the 2009 season? My plans are looking great so far:

Definites:

Parque de Atracciones (6)
Tibidabo (3)
Parc Asterix (6)
Cedar Point (17)*
Michigan's Adventure (7)*
Kings Island (14)*

Possibles:

Kokomo's Family Fun Center (1)
Six Flags Great Adventure (13)
Six Flags America (8)
Kings Dominion (13)
Busch Gardens Europe (6)
Canada's Wonderland (15)*
Martin's Fantasy Island (2)
Marineland (2)
Darien Lake (8)
Waldameer (4)
Six Flags Great America (13)*
Indiana Beach (6)

If I get to all of these parks I'll be getting around 130-144 coasters, most of them new credits. I'll probably have 70-80 new credits to add. It would be my biggest year when it comes to coasters.

If there's already a topic like this, or if it would be better in another place, then close it or move it and let me know.

I'll be doing TPR West Coast and Vegas trips, which would include, but not be limited to...

Disneyland
California Adventure
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Great America
Legoland
Sea World San Diego
Belmont Park

... and I can't remember anymore off the top of my head.

Other than that, the UK crap again. Maybe Flamingoland if my reason to go stops being such a fanny. Might try for Odyssey again, to be determined by the same reason as Flaminge. Drayton, again, determined by same reason.

And then maybe Thorpe... I won't get a Merlin AP next year, so unless someone is very nice or I can find at least a half off offer, I might not bother just for... Saw. Along the same lines, probably won't go to Alton just because there's very little dragging me back unless a real reason comes along.

Um, as for Europe parks? Dunno. Might go on the Denmark trip, will have to consult with my bank. Was hoping to go do the Tibidabo/Port Aventura combo again at some point, because it's always cheap and fun and easy and I love Spain and it would include just doing Barcelona again and I would have an excuse to practice my Spanish (that's a lot of ands...). But, I have to wait and see if I'm 'allowed' to cause **** off am I doing those two with a hotel...

It's looking a bit quiet, but, I'm sure things will pop up along the way.

I visited Missouri when I was in high school. I have always wanted to go back. My plans are for
Six Flags St. Louis, Worlds of Fun, and Silver Dollar City. There might be some sightseeing in each town too. With the rides of Celebration City not operating anywhere yet, I plan to go on a little side trip to Magic Springs / Crystal Falls in Arkansas on the way back home. It is an unknown park outside of Little Rock that happens to have six coasters. On of them is X-Coaster, a type of Maurer Söhne called a X-Car-Coaster. Rcdb.com says that there is only one other like it, in Germany. This may be my only chance to ride something that strange.

Will be getting an AP next year, so:

Defo:
Thorpe
Alton
Chessie
Legoland

Hopeful:
PBBP
PWH
GYPB
Joyland
Flamingoland
Lightwater Valley
And loads others.

I want to get atleast 25 new credits next year, because i'm greedy :D

^^^Another TPR trip Ben, lucky you. Was looking into the smaller Texas and Deep South ones myself but couldn't afford them.

The only trips I've planned so far in 2009 are:

-Hyde Park Wonderland at the beginning of January, hopefully to get the Christmas Coaster while I'm in London for a few days.
-Funderland, Dublin in January.
-Thorpe Park in March for Saw: The Ride.

After that its down to wherever I can get cheap travel to and from and when I can take my work holidays. I prefer just planning my coaster trips at the last minute. And I hope to fit a few more CF Lives in 2009.

Definitely:

Cedar Point
Kennywood
Waldameer
Kings Island

Most Likely:

Universal Studios Orlando
Sea World Orlando
Islands of Adventure
Busch Gardens Africa
Six Flags Magic Mountain

Everything is up in the air at the moment.. we shall see.

I never really have any definitive plans for the coaster season until it actually arrives. Like, I know for sure I'll be doing the Cedar Point live again and possibly revisit Wonderland, but my new park goal of the year would be to Kings Island.

So yep, nothing too exciting, although, I do get my license this year, so we'll see.

Definite:

Parc Asterix
Bagatelle
Gardaland
Alton Towers
Thorpe Park
Chessington

Possible:

Oakwood
Drayton Manor
Flamingoland
Lightwater Valley
German Parks

It should be a good year next year. :p

There is an small possibility that I will visit;

Flamingo land once,

and Thorpe and Chessington once.

That's it.

Definite:
TusenFryd

Possible:
Who knows?

Being isolated and under-age has its downsides...

I'll certainly visit Alton Towers more than once next year.

But other than that, it will be most if not all of the UK Lives next year.
Flamingoland and Thorpe are included in that for obvious reasons.

There is a strong possibility that I'll go on the Denmark Euro Live next year if it doesn't fall at an inconvenient time for myself.

^ It'll be the a similar time to the German one this year.

My plans for 2009?

Obviously all the UK Lives and the Denmark trip.

I will do the odd theme park trip here and then but it won't be as many as this year.

Financial situation has changed and I have to be more selective with what I spend my money on and theme parks is one area I can cut back on.

I'm not saying 2009 is going to be a quiet year for me theme park visit wise, just a bit more far-and-few between.

I have one goal and that's to break the 300 mark on my coaster count - which I'll do naturally thanks to Saw, Mumbo Jumbo and the Denmark trip.

Oh, and the Denmark trip, I forgot about that. :p

What Denmark trip is this?

Anyway, It'll probably be just Thorpe, Chessington and Paultons for me next year.

Hopefully be able to get to Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley as I've yet to go there. :)

Definite:
Thorpe
Alton
Chessington
Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Probable:
Camelot

Possible:
Flamingo Land
Lightwater Valley

In other words 2009 is looking complete poo for me :( In total there will be a possible like 4 or 5 credits. God that's awful.

Usual UK stuff...

The end of the season may be different for me depending on uni location... More Alton ftw :p

Elsewhere, definately going to DLP again, and this year's family holiday will be Chicago/Ohio hopefully... Hitting over 50 new ones if that goes ahead...

I should really go to Adventure Island this year as well...

To try and do all the lives again this year including Denmark. I would also like to try and go to Sweden again later in the year but money problems might stop that.

If by some magic I get something sorted which I am flighting I would love to do a USA trip as there are some parks I want to do :)

I fancy doing the parks in Spain in the summer, but again not sure if it will happen.

I also want to pass the 300 mark but thats going to be hard.

2008 will be hard to top, 2009 will still be a great year though.

Next year will definitely be my biggest year for coasters so far, as I have a considerably low coaster count. Parks definite:

Alton Towers
Walt Disney World
-Magic Kingdom
-Epcot
-MGM Studios
-Animal Kingdom
Universal Studios
Islands of Adventure
Seaworld Orlando
Busch Gardens Africa

Maybe:

Thorpe Park
Chessington World of Adventures
Flamingoland
Drayton Manor

I have no definates yet, but I should be getting another AP, so thats all the Thorpe/Chessie/Alton visits.

I think i've found a way to afford the Denmark trip, so should be going to that, and there is a reasonable chance of doing to Disney and Park Asterix for a few days. I also wanna hit Flamingoland and LWV, since I've not done them yet, and need to get the Ultimate, since a little while ago there were rumours of it leaving in 2010. :?

At the moment it only looks like I'm going to Liseberg, Gröna Lund and Skara Sommarland, but there might also be a chance that I finally go to Finland (which I have been planing for the last 2 years).