What's new

Planet Coaster (2016)

scw55

Hyper Poster
Over the weekend I built myself up into a "Right! I am going to buy early bird!" mode.

I came to the shop page and... £19.99 for the full game. £30 to get Alpha access.

It is a little staggering? I understand they want to price gate the Alpha so people with a sincere interest will take part. But, over double the pre-order price feels steep.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Well with this, you're actually part of the development phase. With the early access, you can tell the devs what bugs occur, what needs improvement, and what things can be added. You have a bit more power in early access than during release. Even if this wasn't in Early Access, I think it's still a better deal than RCTW.

scw55

Hyper Poster
^Sounds good.
On the flip side, I am thinking that the suggestions or bugs I encounter might get reported by other users.

And if I am the only one giving feedback on a thing, would I be listened to?
-------------

I bought it, and I don't know what to do with it.

How do I let the game move the camera when I mouse to the edge of the screen? I don't like right click dragging all the time.

(Perhaps I should open up a blank canvas park so I can craft something of my own. When I opened up a small park, I was overwhelmed by what had already been done. It's like doing Spanish Homework, but someone much more gifted had already started it off).

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
These photos have just been posted to Facebook and look fantastic. A few of them I'd thought were real for a few moments!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/PlanetCoaster/posts/373567699434033?pnref=story[/facebookpost]

scw55

Hyper Poster
I'd like to start doing stuff in Planetcoaster (see my RCT3 Thread for what I do in RCT3). I am still wrestling with the camera, unfortunately. I don't understand camera terminology enough to work out how to adjust the camera to what I like.
Having it similar control to RCT3 would be a nice start.

But I do find wrestling with the camera and trying to use the mouse controls to build coasters is very frustrating. I need to find out if it's possible to do things a la RCT 1->3.

Hutch

Strata Poster
^I been watching him too. Some of his stuff is incredible.

This is also worth a look. The team put together a montage of some of the creations people have made so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZN2-f ... EN_9kioRBA

(Not sure why it the video won't show up here. I know you have to take the "s" out of https but it's not working. Link will have to do for now)

I've been getting more and more anticipated for this game recently and I can't wait to try it out (assuming it comes out for Mac and runs well ;), ). Also, I'm really digging the title music of this game.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Alpha 2 released today - enables the full coaster builder and terraforming

Having a play around with the new tools - the lighting engine in this game is fantastic.

KdD63JC.jpg

rKFAIZh.jpg

0V7WEcS.jpg

scw55

Hyper Poster
I found in build 1 that I had to wrestle with the camera and the coaster building controls. Is there a work around this?

scw55

Hyper Poster
^ Still struggling.
I have issues with not knowing how to rotate the station and battling with the camera. I don't know how to deal with this.
I also want them to add water to the test client so I can see if you can get coasters to tunnel underwater.

I like the terraforming tools. I just do not have an inspiration of what to do yet because I don't know how to control this thing.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
It's probably something that's been asked plenty of times, but I haven't found any answers for it so I'll be a pain and ask, does anyone know when the full game is going to be released?

I agree with some of the comments made further back in the topic suggesting the early bird price is a bit expensive so I'd rather wait for the full game to be released before parting with any money, it does look fantastic though.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Alpha 3 - 23rd August

Will no longer be able to buy the early bird versions after 25th August

Steam integration confirmed too.

Intricks

Strata Poster
A few things I've noticed that they really need to add in is some form of a Height marker. All 3 coasters that I've re-created (SLC, Dominator and Skyrush) all feel like they are they same height, go around the same speed and don't feel any taller or shorter than the rest unless you use an extreme.

Hopefully it pops up in the next update.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Official release date will be Nov 17th!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/PlanetCoaster/posts/404769109647225:0[/facebookpost]

scw55

Hyper Poster
It's released now!
It's great!
If you're proficient with RCT3 don't be disheartened by being overwhelmed by things that are new or changed. Just play the career mode and you'll find your feet in no time.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
This has got to be the best theme park design/roller coaster builder out there. I'd say it's better than NoLimits 2 since it's WAY easier to use and decorate with it.

I never thought they'd go all the way and put in park open and close hours. They said something about more building space upon release. Is this true?

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
I've bought this game on 29/11 and I can't even work out the camera controls, how to place rides, or place shops. :(

Can someone help me:emoji_question: