What's new

Photos from abandoned theme parks

CMonster

Giga Poster
That movie was really good. Didn't show the extent of the damage, but didn't really need to.

So, I'm assuming the woodie was too badly rotted or its foundations were bad to reuse?

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'd have thought the biggest problem for reopening the park would have been the electricals. All of them would have been destroyed by floods, and made the place very dangerous.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The video was well done. It showed less of the rides and more of the little things. I can't decide if I like it or not, but it was definitely interesting.

I agree about the video not showing the damage very well. It could have done a better job.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Eughh, those photos are slightly sickening :?

However, I must point out they were taken extremely well..

UC said:
Xpress, do you ever get the feeling that the "Submit" button just isn't for you?

do you ever get the feeling that you're trying to talk to a brick wall? How has that worked out for you sofar? ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
UC said:
But I don't do it for your benefit, rather for the unfortunate souls that think you have anything valuable to say.

No, I'm pretty sure I do have value to the discussions at hand, it's just the dicks that can't see it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thank you, girls! Now if we could go back to the topic in question, I'd be a happy Mr Bell.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The video has been removed. I didn't get to see it. :(

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah, it was taken down immediately. Not sure why, but I've heard a rumour that park may be reopening... So maybe Six Flags asked the film-maker to take it down?

Anyway, someone's reuploaded it, thank god. Because it's beautiful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcja8UBtXdk&feature=related[/youtube]

davidm

Strata Poster
I wandered around the outside of Karolinelund in Aalborg earlier which has been closed since the end of last year - those on the Denmark "live" the other year will remember it. (click here for example)

The boomerang's lift is still standing...

5790462679_9f80cc27ed.jpg

but the rest of it is in bits on the floor;

5791020342_02a9163a4b.jpg

Rather sad;

5790462353_d7533d0e72.jpg

Bits of another coaster ("Looping" I guess);

5790462557_56466c4375.jpg

NO WAY IN here;

5790495057_b52e2600ab.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
It's a shame it's shut. Glad that I managed to get there before it did. The fun house and drop tower were good. And thats the first and only boomerang I've been on. :)
Shame you can't get into the park and get inside the buildings to see if the interiors have been stripped as well.

Did it just go bust then? And is there any plans for the site?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well, I'm sure there is a way in somehow. ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
What's going to happen to the steel rides? Did the hurricane really structurally compromise them that much?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I suspect it's more a case of the ride being abandoned and having no maintenance for a few years (or however long ago the 'disaster' was) instead of the ride being structurally damaged straight away. Having said that, we have no idea if there were debris impacts which could compromise the structure.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I know they were able to save batman and move it. That is what makes me think that something might be up with the others. Maybe rust??

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I agree, but you don't know each of the individual cases. Maybe the Batman ride managed to escape anything major. Who knows?