What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Admittedly I group them together in my fave coaster rankings :wink: I just think they definitely count as two creds, just like Joris en de Draak or Vleermuis at Plopsa.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
andrus said:
ThomVD said:
^ Why wouldn't you? They are two separate coasters with different layouts and different names. I don't see why they only count as one coaster. But then again, everybody counts stuff their own way :p .
I've never even thought of the possibility to count the coaster as two! ^^ I think of it as "Winjas Fear & Force"; one coaster with two tracks, that share the same station, shares the same theme, is the same ride type, is the same ride.. But of course it's up to everyone to count their own way.

I see where you're coming from, but personally, after riding them many times, I find that their layouts are actually quite different in certain parts, which makes them quite clearly two separate track layouts as opposed to a racing coaster where both sides of the tracks are essentially identical. Each to their own though obviously.

Anyway, not sure I like the name (Taron isn't as nice as Talon :) ), but very excited for the ride itself. Curious to see whether they go down the Cheetah hunt route and make it more family-friendly, or whether it will be something more thrill-orientated like iSpeed/Maverick.

andrus

Giga Poster
ThomVD said:
Admittedly I group them together in my fave coaster rankings :wink: I just think they definitely count as two creds, just like Joris en de Draak or Vleermuis at Plopsa.
I count Joris en de Draak as one cred as well ^^

CookieCoasters said:
Curious to see whether they go down the Cheetah hunt route and make it more family-friendly, or whether it will be something more thrill-orientated like iSpeed/Maverick.
I hope they're aiming for a Maverick type of ride experience. As of now Phantasialand really only got Black Mamba as a high thrill coaster. But they do got a ton of family oriented (great) coasters. So it would be nice to see BM get some company in the high thrill segment!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ Agreed. The Winjas and Colorado adventure already fill the family-thrill category very well. It would be nice for Phantasialand to get a coaster with some great ejector airtime moments as that would really solidify their coaster selection.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm actually hoping this will be more like Helix - a 'family ride plus'. It doesn't have to have the strongest of forces/airtime to be just gorgeously fun and re-rideable. Whatever it is, I have faith in Phantasialand to make it look splendid. I have just one small, niggling thought in the back of my mind - that although the park seems obsessed with Intamin, they have yet to work with them on a coaster. I hope the final result is everything the park desires. Secretly still wishing this was a Mack.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I like the name. No idea what it means but it at least sounds like it has some meaning behind it. As with every Phantasialand project, I genuinely can't wait to see how it is themed and integrated into the park. I'm sure it will be superb.

S

SimonSays99

Having some plans to do Europe Park, Holiday Park and Phantasialand next year this time of year with some friends. And this trip is starting to look better and better. Knowing Phantasia I hope this coaster will get epic theming and effects.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
As Phantasialand is the best park in Europe for theming coasters, this is the project that excites me the most this year! Just touching myself at the thought of a Blitz at the level of detail of Black Mamba or Chiapas.

megasonic

Roller Poster
Some exciting new facts:

- 2 launches (I think everyone already assumed that)
- most intensive LSM launch in the world (most exciting to me)
- longest Multi-Launch Coaster of its type in the world (should be longer than Cheetah Hunt and Helix then, > 1400m)
- world record for 116 crossing points (where the track crosses)

Source

peep

CF Legend
The 116 crosses is where my interest lies, that's very exciting to hear. I can't imagine all of them will be noticeable, some are clearly going to be obscured with theming and the like.

Also, most intense launch is an interesting one too, what is currently deemed the most intense LSM launch?

_koppen

Hyper Poster
116 crosses, how is that even possible?!!

Since they are going for the most powerful LSM launches I'm gonna assume that it will not be a scaled back ride à la Cheetah Hunt.
Possible new top ride in Europe?

EthC

Mega Poster
peep said:
The 116 crosses is where my interest lies, that's very exciting to hear. I can't imagine all of them will be noticeable, some are clearly going to be obscured with theming and the like.

Also, most intense launch is an interesting one too, what is currently deemed the most intense LSM launch?

Supposedly from roaming the internet it's the slight rolling launch of Fluch Von Novgorod which does 10-62mph in 1.4seconds pulling 1.9G apparently.

I found it off coasterpedia so admittedly it isn't the best source but its the only info I can find.

Source: http://www.coasterpedia.net/wiki/Fastes ... celeration

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Honestly, this coaster sounds too good to be true. I'm keeping my expectations down a bit, just to protect myself :wink: It's Intamin after all.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In terms of "most intensive LSM launch in the world", this is a big ambiguous. Are we talking greatest top speed? Or are we talking acceleration?

If we are talking top speed, Superman: Escape from Krypton and Tower of Terror both hit 100 mph - I hardly imagine it is top speed that we are breaking.

iSpeed is technically the quickest accelerating LSM roller coaster (I believe) with a launch of 0 - 62.1 mph in 2.2s, and top speed of 74.6 mph.

peep

CF Legend
Coasterpedia? Ha, that's a new one for me.

It doesn't surprise me it's one of the rolling launches. Cool. Probably quite a high chance of this also having a rolling launch or two which is very exciting.

andrus

Giga Poster
Hyde said:
iSpeed is technically the quickest accelerating LSM roller coaster (I believe) with a launch of 0 - 62.1 mph in 2.2s, and top speed of 74.6 mph.
EthC said:
Supposedly from roaming the internet it's the slight rolling launch of Fluch Von Novgorod which does 10-62mph in 1.4seconds pulling 1.9G apparently.

I was personally very disappointed with the launch of iSpeed, I cannot for my life belive that it's supposed to be that quick! One of the lamer launches out there tbh. Flug von Novgorod on the other hand had a really good kick to it's launch! Felt almost as strong as a hydraulic launch :--D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ That's the thing too, a fast acceleration on a launch isn't all that matters, as top speed plays into it as well. Top Thrill Dragster has a slower acceleration than Xcelerator, but has a far superior launch experience (according to me :razz: ) due to the higher speed.

At any rate, it sounds like the launch will have pep, and we can split hairs later on which launch feels better.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
andrus said:
I was personally very disappointed with the launch of iSpeed, I cannot for my life belive that it's supposed to be that quick! One of the lamer launches out there tbh. Flug von Novgorod on the other hand had a really good kick to it's launch! Felt almost as strong as a hydraulic launch

I was actually surprised how forceful the launch on iSpeed was. I personally don't think the hydraulic launches are that great (with exception to Stealth and Xcelerator) because they tend to be trimmed slightly at the end, which kind of spoils the initial sense of speed.

I really like rolling launches though and if the one's on Taron are as intense as the one on Fluch von Novgorod, then I will be extremely pleased.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This just keeps getting better and better! I LOVE launch coasters and rolling launches so this is right up my street. Love how exciting each announcement is!